Somehow No One Seems To Think

On Apr 7, 9:30 pm, "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 7, 1:43 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > You might be amused by this, and I don't have your e-mail:

> > >http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=1826

> > > Bill C

> >  This looks like some pre-planning for a major riot, doesn't it? :

> >http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20080328130926247

> > Lokks like they plan to totally disrupt as much as humanly possible.
> > Yep, their opinions trump everyone elses rights.

> > I found this link at MichaelMoore.com following up on some Heston
> > stuff.
> >  Wonder what the economic damage is going to be, and how many people
> > hurt and possibly killed?
> >  Bill C

> Gotta love that, Bill:. "Wonder what the economic damage is going to
> be, and how many people hurt and possibly killed?"
>
> Just pretend it's about Iraq, then you won't give a ****.
> -Paul- Hide quoted text -

How'd Seattle work out? Rome? Kent State when some pinheads open up on
them. How'd the SDS do at the DNC in Chicago?
Believe it or not Ryan my concern isn't that they'll use suicide
bombs or any of that ****. First thought was cops opening up on
protesters and bystanders, or mistakes if the protesters torch things
and someone's inside.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Snelgrove)

I sure as hell hope that amounts to nothing more than massive
peaceful protests, but I don't hink being concerned it could turn into
something else, especially when they appear to be planning something
else is far fetched.
Paul, please point out where I don't give a **** about what's
happening in Iraq?
Didn't take a whole lot of folks to cause a little problem in Ok.
City, did it?
Bill C

On Apr 7, 9:09 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
>  Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > You might be amused by this, and I don't have your e-mail:

> > >http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=1826

> > > Bill C

> >  This looks like some pre-planning for a major riot, doesn't it? :

> >http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20080328130926247

> > Lokks like they plan to totally disrupt as much as humanly possible.
> > Yep, their opinions trump everyone elses rights.

> Well, yes, they're idiots, but they're extreme fringe idiots. They're
> stupid, but at least they're not numerous.
>
> >  Wonder what the economic damage is going to be, and how many people
> > hurt and possibly killed?

> They have a little counter up there by the article title that says
>
> Considering that number is around the same as some of my Flickr photos,
> I'd say that interest in this topic is low. My bet is that the SDS will
> be lucky to muster a force of dozens on convention day, thus leaving
> them outnumbered by the number of police needed for traffic control,
> never mind security.
>
> "At a gathering of over 100 anti-authoritarians from around the country
> in August of 2007 (facilitated by the Twin Cities based RNC Welcoming
> Committee), the following direct action strategy was adopted to shut
> down the RNC..."
>
> "Over 100"? With that kind of participation, I am not impressed by the
> danger offered by the Grand Rapids SDS*. Unless they plan to convert
> some substantial number of those anti-authoritarians into suicide
> bombers, disruptions will be minimal. And SDS members tend not to go in
> for suicide bombing, because it interferes with their graduation plans.
>
> Getting yourself worked up over small and stupid student groups says
> more about you than about SDS.
>
> *"Grand Rapids SDS:" it's beyond risible, really. The jokes write
> themself.
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
> "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."- Hide quoted text -

Hey Ryan there were only 700 in Vancouver at APEC. How'd that work
out?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/1998/12/09/vancouver981209.html

If this was any right wing group making these plans you'd be
screaming bloody murder. The other point is, is Michael Moore a
mainstream progressive? Is he considered to be a leader? Are his works
and opinions taken seriously by the left?
He's promoting and supporting planned violations of the law, and
peoples rights by giving them a high profile link and advertising
space. This is pure mainstream "liberal" support for, at a minimum,
illegal actions, and most likely violence.
I get tired of being told that this doesn't exist, and is not
condoned. If he wasn't condoning their plans he wouldn't be hosting
that link on his site.
Bill C

In article
<bb3ca9bc-90c4-4381-8353-6bb60c613b7a@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Apr 7, 9:09 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article
> > <[email protected]>,
> >  Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> > >  This looks like some pre-planning for a major riot, doesn't it? :

> > >http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20080328130926247

> > > Lokks like they plan to totally disrupt as much as humanly possible.
> > > Yep, their opinions trump everyone elses rights.

> > Well, yes, they're idiots, but they're extreme fringe idiots. They're
> > stupid, but at least they're not numerous.

> > Getting yourself worked up over small and stupid student groups says
> > more about you than about SDS.

> Hey Ryan there were only 700 in Vancouver at APEC. How'd that work
> out?
>
> http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/1998/12/09/vancouver981209.html

Well, badly for the protestors! Of those 700, precious few were
attempting to be as aggressive as SDS hopes to be. The essential result
of that APEC protest was that a lot of protestors went to jail. The
conference? Participants never saw the protestors, for better or for
worse, and certainly weren't disrupted in any meaningful manner.

> If this was any right wing group making these plans you'd be
> screaming bloody murder. The other point is, is Michael Moore a
> mainstream progressive? Is he considered to be a leader? Are his works
> and opinions taken seriously by the left?

If I thought the SDS was going to affect anything, I'd worry. I'd worry
more about any right-wingers planning, er, "direct action," because they
tend to sully the good name of the causes that I hold dear.*

> He's promoting and supporting planned violations of the law, and
> peoples rights by giving them a high profile link and advertising
> space. This is pure mainstream "liberal" support for, at a minimum,
> illegal actions, and most likely violence.
> I get tired of being told that this doesn't exist, and is not
> condoned. If he wasn't condoning their plans he wouldn't be hosting
> that link on his site.
> Bill C

I'll let Michael Moore answer for his own actions, but anyone favorably
hosting that link should be embarrassed. I'm not exactly a fan.

I'd essentially always consider violent protest unjustifiable in mature
democracies these days. While I subscribe to the theory of resistance of
unjust regimes (in very circumscribed circumstances), in practice I see
no issue in Canada or the US that even comes close to justifying such
violence. SDS et al are violently protesting the fact that their ideas
are unpopular. And indeed, they're so unpopular they're not even likely
to generate a serious protest.

This isn't 1968.

*I occasionally annoy my wife and my father-in-law by wearing my only
political shirt while doing yard work. It promotes the now-defunct
Reform Party of Canada. My mother-in-law doesn't mind.

On Apr 6, 2:59 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:

> What a bunch of utter ******** to say "things improved because of
> 'liberals.'" Things could only improve in spite of them. And to
> claim the "policies of FDR" helped the "middle class" (the "common
> man") is really beyond the pale.
>
> I suppoze if one iz prezident and diez in office during a war, they
> are automatically assigned sainthood.

Dumbass,

Today is April 7, 2008. It is the 75th anniversary of the
day that an amendment to the Volstead Act went into effect,
beginning the repeal of Prohibition. 3.2 beer could be
served and it is claimed 1.5 million barrels of beer
were drunk in the first 24 hours.

http://beertown.org/apps/75yearsofbeer/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States

When Franklin Roosevelt signed the repeal amendment into
law two weeks earlier on March 23, 1933, ending our
13-year national nightmare, he said "I think this would
be a good time for a beer."

Therefore, FDR was the greatest president in the
history of presidents, and you are a crackpot !!1!1!

Sincerely,

Ben
RBR Livedrunk History Association,
stuck at 10500 feet with no beer

In article <e3abfabd-9545-4460-84e4-a06bf4fe099c@z24g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

> Ben
> RBR Livedrunk History Association,
> stuck at 10500 feet with no beer

Oh, the humanity!

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On Apr 7, 10:50 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
><<good stuff snipped>>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
> "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."- Hide quoted text -

That's almost exactly where I'm at too. Thank you!
Bill C

On Apr 7, 5:27 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> Most of the "news" doesn't have anything to do with Washington and politics.
> It's selling **** to idiots in order to get rich quick.

Washington/Politics is all about selling **** to idiots. Therefore,
"the news" and Washington possess synchronicity.

"To the intellectual the social device of capitalism
offers a displeasing picture. Why? In his own terms,
here are self-seeking men in quest of personal aggran-
dizement. How? By providing consumers with things they
want or can be induced to want. The same intellectual,
puzzlingly, is not shocked by the workings of hedonist
democracy; here also self-seeking men accomplish their
aggrandizement by promising to other men things they
want or are induced to demand. The difference seems to
lie mainly in that the capitalist delivers the goods."
--Bertrand de Jouvenel,
_Treatment of Capitalism by Intellectuals_

On Apr 8, 12:49 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:

> "To the intellectual the social device of capitalism
> offers a displeasing picture. Why? In his own terms,
> here are self-seeking men in quest of personal aggran-
> dizement. How? By providing consumers with things they
> want or can be induced to want. The same intellectual,
> puzzlingly, is not shocked by the workings of hedonist
> democracy; here also self-seeking men accomplish their
> aggrandizement by promising to other men things they
> want or are induced to demand. The difference seems to
> lie mainly in that the capitalist delivers the goods."
>    --Bertrand de Jouvenel,
>      _Treatment of Capitalism by Intellectuals_

To lay with one hand the power of government on the property of the
citizen, and with the other to bestow it on favored individuals... is
none the less robbery because it is... called taxation.
-- United States Supreme Court

The war against illegal plunder has been fought since the beginning of
the world. But how is... legal plunder to be identified? Quite simply.
See if the law takes from some persons what belongs to them, and gives
it to other persons to whom it does not belong. See if the law
benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the
citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime. Then abolish
this law without delay ... If such a law is not abolished immediately
it will spread, multiply and develop into a system.
-- Frederic Bastiat

Bill C

On Apr 7, 3:35 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Apr 7, 8:50 am, "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 6, 6:22 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

> You're both wrong, or drama divas.
>
> > > No matter the evil, when you choose it, it grows.

> Sometimes, it grows whether you choose it or not.
> You utter a nice-sounding aphorism that obscures the
> fact that sometimes, there is no "good" choice, but
> doing nothing doesn't help, other than to provide
> the self-satisfaction of not being involved.

Dumbascii,

True words.

> Diseases aren't evils. There's no moral component.
>
> Voting for a president that you think will be less bad
> than the other candidate is a legitimate example. One
> of them is going to be president, so doing nothing
> just enables the worse one while letting you feel like
> you had nothing to do with it. It's passive-aggressive.
> The exception is if both of the candidates are so
> bankrupt you can't bear to associate with either of them.
> This is the situation Greg is permanently in since he
> believes in a different ideal of what our government
> should be, but for the rest of us, saying we're too good
> for the candidates has an element of cheap self-righteousness.
> The same was true of people who voted for Nader in 2000
> because they said there was no difference between
> the major candidates. "Hah-hah," as that kid from the
> Simpsons would say.

I think one could also say there may indeed be a perceived difference
between the two major parties (and their candidates) _and_ still vote
into a "third" party. (I'm referring to a case where such a voter
knows full well that the third party candidate had no chance of
winning. I take that as meaning "neither of the the majors are
sufficient in quality to garner the vote, but I want a vote to show
up." It is sort of like saying to the majors "if you want to sweep up
any of the votes going over here, you gotta do _some_ position/
ideology shifting." IOW, if the assumption is that democracy works in
some way, then we don't necessarily call those third party votes as
"wasted," as is commonly stated. Such a vote is a signal, as there is
usually at least some kind of ideological content to the platform of
the receiving third party.

The voting aspect of our democratic regime is a reality, whether one
agrees with the principle of the system or not. I take a "no-vote" to
be different from a "third party vote" because the signal sent by a no-
vote is more vague in meaning.

There is also the case of perceived "differences" but one is simply
unable to determine how those apparent differences make one of the
majors the least bad "in the sum."

Editorial:
I think the idea that voting is a rational process is stretching the
truth a great deal. The inexorable march to greater and crushing
statism does not require bad intentions, as a concious sort of thing.

"Well, Doctor, what have we got--a Republic or a Monarchy?" -- Mrs.
Powel
"A republic, if you can keep it." -- Ben Franklin

It was not kept.
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2000/cr020200.htm

"Your Constitution is all sail and no anchor." -- Macaulay

"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its
government." -- Thomas Paine

On Apr 8, 10:09 am, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 12:49 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > "To the intellectual the social device of capitalism
> > offers a displeasing picture. Why? In his own terms,
> > here are self-seeking men in quest of personal aggran-
> > dizement. How? By providing consumers with things they
> > want or can be induced to want. The same intellectual,
> > puzzlingly, is not shocked by the workings of hedonist
> > democracy; here also self-seeking men accomplish their
> > aggrandizement by promising to other men things they
> > want or are induced to demand. The difference seems to
> > lie mainly in that the capitalist delivers the goods."
> >    --Bertrand de Jouvenel,
> >      _Treatment of Capitalism by Intellectuals_

> To lay with one hand the power of government on the property of the
> citizen, and with the other to bestow it on favored individuals... is
> none the less robbery because it is... called taxation.
> -- United States Supreme Court
>
> The war against illegal plunder has been fought since the beginning of
> the world. But how is... legal plunder to be identified? Quite simply.
> See if the law takes from some persons what belongs to them, and gives
> it to other persons to whom it does not belong. See if the law
> benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the
> citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime. Then abolish
> this law without delay ... If such a law is not abolished immediately
> it will spread, multiply and develop into a system.
> -- Frederic Bastiat

de Jouvenel, Bastiat, and Say prove without a doubt that not all
French have always been retarded. (And de Jouvenel tapped his step-
mum.) Speaking of the French and stupid stuff people do... the Normans
(let's call them French) did invade, conquer, and subdue Anglesland,
and from that grew Common Law, as the that was the method of
consolidating and centralizing power and control. Centuries later, a
stupid (civil law) french lawyer ironically complains in rbr that not
everyone understands Common Law. (Which is to state the obvious, as
most people -- through no fault of their own -- don't understand _any_
kind of law.) History is very kinky.

Thanks for the link to "The People's Cube." It is very funny. Sadly,
"it might just as well be true."

On Apr 6, 9:37 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <91880719-b596-44eb-b329-ed2511b37...@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
>  SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 4, 5:49 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> > >    The reason there is a middle class in America is because of thepolicies
> > > of people like FDR and Truman, aided by unions and other progressive
> > > organisations. After WWII, the rise of unions saw huge raises in the pay of
> > > all workers (and it wasn't limited to just union workers - everyone got more pay
> > > and benefits because business saw doing those things as a means of keeping their
> > > workers). There were unprecedented levels of home ownership due to that. Other
> > > things like labor standards and working conditions improved. We also have a
> > > variety of things that have helped improve the lives of Americans likeSocial
> > > Security, Medicaire, Medical, the Voting Rights Act - the list goes onand on.

> > What a bunch of utter ******** to say "things improved because of
> > 'liberals.'"  Things could only improve in spite of them.  And to
> > claim the "policies of FDR" helped the "middle class" (the "common
> > man") is really beyond the pale.

>    You're welcome to explain why those policies and the work of progressives *did
> not* help what became the middle class, if you feel so inclined. I know that you
> aren't a big fan of Paul Krugman, but his book "The Conscience of a Liberal" lays out
> the case in very clear terms. It certainly backs up what I've believed fora long
> time.

Just off the top-o-me-head about FDR:

The intentional killing of pigs (weren't people waiting in bread lines
for food?).
The intentional destruction of crops (weren't people waiting in bread
lines for food?).
Price controls.
Wage controls.
Employment controls.
Deficit spending and crowding out fiscal policy.
Constant meddling in private industry reducing confidence of investors
and industry decision makers.
(All these policies guaranteeing classes of haves and have nots.
Policies guaranteeing severe and persistant unemployment among working
people or better: people who _wished_ they were working.)
Complete and utter mendacity describing SS as "an insurance
scheme." (http://mises.org/asc/essays/attarian.pdf)
Court packing threats and fundamental destruction of the Constitution.
(http://www.mises.org/images4/fdrmyth.jpg)
Made it illegal to hold gold money.

Yeah, I'd say Krugman is right: FDR perfectly represented "the
conscience of a 'liberal,'" which is to say no conscience at all. It
is a quirk of the political domain and stupid hero worship that actual
performance can be so disconnected with popular deification for a
state ruler.

I have three of Krugman's books. In times past I would read what he
had to say. But in the past 6-8 years, a persistant pattern of
ranting tripe really convinced me to not bother even giving a first
look (any more). Maybe he occasionally writes something worth reading
these days -- I would not know.

I sort of agree with William Anderson -- I don't even class Krugman as
an economist anymore.

"Krugman is evil."
"Paul Krugman is not an economist." -- William Anderson
http://www.mises.org/story/1318 (_Krugman the Keynesian_)

http://www.amazon.com/Roosevelt-Myth-John-T-Flynn/dp/0930073274/
http://www.amazon.com/FDRs-Folly-Roosevelt-Prolonged-Depression/dp/140005477X/

On Apr 7, 10:09 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Apr 6, 2:59 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > What a bunch of utter ******** to say "things improved because of
> > 'liberals.'"  Things could only improve in spite of them.  And to
> > claim the "policies of FDR" helped the "middle class" (the "common
> > man") is really beyond the pale.

> > I suppoze if one iz prezident and diez in office during a war, they
> > are automatically assigned sainthood.

> Dumbass,
>
> Today is April 7, 2008.  It is the 75th anniversary of the
> day that an amendment to the Volstead Act went into effect,
> beginning the repeal of Prohibition.  3.2 beer could be
> served and it is claimed 1.5 million barrels of beer
> were drunk in the first 24 hours.
>
> http://beertown.org/apps/75yearsofb...dia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States
>
> When Franklin Roosevelt signed the repeal amendment into
> law two weeks earlier on March 23, 1933, ending our
> 13-year national nightmare, he said "I think this would
> be a good time for a beer."
>
> Therefore, FDR was the greatest president in the
> history of presidents, and you are a crackpot !!1!1!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ben
> RBR Livedrunk History Association,
> stuck at 10500 feet with no beer

Okay - he did one thing right. But it isn't like he had a political
choice. We shall have our beer!

On Apr 8, 1:25 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:

> Just off the top-o-me-head about FDR:
>
> The intentional killing of pigs

FDR killed the pigs??!!?! I thought that was the
Grand Rapids SDS's job!

Ben

P.S. SDS from Port Huron to Grand Rapids = another
illustration of Marx/Hegel's dictum that "Everything in
history occurs, as it were, twice: the first time as tragedy,
the second as farce."
For another confirming instance: Hank Williams.

In article <e54f49c1-252c-4d3c-9ffd-93f3cd6c2f22@u69g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,

> On Apr 8, 1:25 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Just off the top-o-me-head about FDR:
> >
> > The intentional killing of pigs

> FDR killed the pigs??!!?! I thought that was the
> Grand Rapids SDS's job!
>
> Ben
>
> P.S. SDS from Port Huron to Grand Rapids = another
> illustration of Marx/Hegel's dictum that "Everything in
> history occurs, as it were, twice: the first time as tragedy,
> the second as farce."
> For another confirming instance: Hank Williams.

Hmm, so what's the third time, inre: Hank Williams?

--

<adb3821f-0cb8-44e1-95cc-d8c94b32b530@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Apr 7, 10:50 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> ><<good stuff snipped>>
> > --
> > Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> > "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
> > "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."- Hide quoted text -

> That's almost exactly where I'm at too. Thank you!
> Bill C

Wha? Huh? I have no idea what I said that was so admirable.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> *I occasionally annoy my wife and my father-in-law by wearing my only
> political shirt while doing yard work. It promotes the now-defunct
> Reform Party of Canada. My mother-in-law doesn't mind.

Your wife thinks you're Reform Club material, dad-in-law sees you in
Reform School and mom-in-law, as her daughter's mother, has a soft spot
for you?

On Apr 9, 5:21 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <adb3821f-0cb8-44e1-95cc-d8c94b32b...@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
>  Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 7, 10:50 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> > ><<good stuff snipped>>
> > > --
> > > Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> > > "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
> > > "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."- Hide quoted text -

> > That's almost exactly where I'm at too. Thank you!
> > Bill C

> Wha? Huh? I have no idea what I said that was so admirable.
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
> "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."

On top of the unbiased accuracy which I appreciate. There is the
support for the right to protest, and the recognition that it needs to
be non-violent in free democratic societies.
That IMO is the true spirit behind both our Constitution, and The
Charter up there. That tends to get lost in peoples emotions about
things.
It's another day I'm gonna be torn. I fully support the Tibetan
protests, but I'm afraid we're gonna have significant violence. I
sincerely hope not though.

Some good stuff you'd appreciate going on here:

NCC Discussion Board Announcement:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To anyone that is interested in helping to design the Look Park junior
cyclocross course, we will be meeting on-site tomorrow, Wednesday,
April 9th at 5 pm and would appreciate any input you might have - NCC
members, Joe's Garage folks, local pros, and anyone else. Show up
with a
'cross bike or mountain bike and we will ride around the area to see
what
makes sense. Meet by the Frank Dow Pavillion near the pond. I
expect
that we can do this in an hour or so. Once the course is established
(more or less), I will spend some time this weekend putting up tape
and
stakes (maybe) in preparation for the first Junior Cyclocross session
next Monday, April 14th at 5 pm. Thanks!

http://www.nohobikeclub.org/jrcross2008.php

The Northampton Cycling Club is excited to sponsor the first ever
spring Junior Cyclocross Training Camp . To register for this
program, contact the Northampton Recreation Department at 413 587-1040
or see their website www.northamptonma.gov/recreation/

Information:
For: Youth in grades 2-8
Day: Mondays
Dates: Begins April 14, runs for 10 sessions through June 16th
Time: 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Location: Look Memorial Park

This is being done by our group of Cross fanatics in the Club to go
along with our Kids Grass Crit series. It's good to warp young minds
early on ;-) Can't wait to go help out tonight!
Bill C

On Apr 8, 11:42 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Apr 8, 1:25 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > The intentional killing of pigs

> FDR killed the pigs??!!?!

Hey, you crazy 'liberal' fool -- are making fun of these very serious
'progressive' policies that created the middle class in the grand ole
US of A!? WHY DO YOU HATE THE MIDDLE CLASS IN AMERIKA!!!????? Howard
and one of the finest ecommunists of our generation -- Paulio
Kroogmanio -- can tell you all about "The Conscience of a 'liberal'."

_The Truth about FDR_, Thomas E. Woods, Jr.
"Tindall and Shi assure us that 'for a while these farm measures
worked.' Well, if by 'worked' you mean they succeeded in their goal of
raising the prices of food and clothing at a time when people were
desperately poor, then I suppose they did 'work.' Slaughtering some
six million pigs and engaging in the destruction of enormous supplies
of wheat and cotton did tend to increase the prices of these items.
Congratulations."
http://www.mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=355

Now I know you, like Howard and Paulio Kroogmanio, have a genetic
programming which will not allow you to read www.conservapedia.com.
But I invite you to discover faults about the article concerning FDR's
agricultural policies in the article whose link follows. I do
apologize, but www.conservapedia.com ****-ed up when I googled "fdr,
pigs, crop destruction." So there you have it. Since a 'liberal'
considers FDR to be a deity, any criticism of FDR is considered
blasphemy. What that means is criticism of FDR can only be biased.
Such an article could not, by definition, appear on a www.'liberal'pedia.com,
if matter and antimatter could ever meet (knowledge and the 'liberal'
mind). Our universe is at risk of heat death by extreme red-shift.

_Agricultural Adjustment Administration_,
http://www.conservapedia.com/Agricultural_Adjustment_Administration
"The United States Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA) (P.L. 73-10 of
May 12, 1933) restricted production during the New Deal by paying
farmers to reduce crop area. It established acreage and production
controls, paying farmers not to grow or raise wheat, corn, cotton,
hogs, etc., and to plow under crops and destroy livestock. The aim was
explicitly to raise the prices of all farm commodities by inducing
shortages. The economic "theory" behind this was that if prices and
wages were jacked up, that would increase "purchasing power." The
farmers were paid subsidies by the federal government for leaving some
of their land idle. The Act created a new agency, the Agricultural
Adjustment Administration, to oversee the distribution of the
subsidies.

The AAA produced all sorts of dislocations in the economic system.
Oats were being burned while the U.S. was importing oats from abroad
on a huge scale, killing pigs while increasing imports of lard,
cutting corn production while importing 30 million bushels of corn
from abroad.

In May when the AAA began its operations, the agricultural season was
already under way. In effect, the agency oversaw a large-scale
destruction of existing crops and livestock in an attempt to reduce
surpluses. For example, 6,200,000 pigs and 220,000 mother sows were
slaughtered in the AAA's effort to raise prices at a cost of over
$30,000,000. The total live weight of the pigs and sows slaughtered
was 443,69.7,348 [?] pounds. Of this only 97,064,159 pounds of food
products were obtained-the rest was converted into inedible grease or
fertilizer. Even some cotton farmers plowed under a quarter of their
crop in accordance with the AAA's plans. Due to the nature of the
Great Depression, many United States citizens saw the AAA as cruel:
while they were often hungering, the federal government was destroying
crops and livestock. Adlai Stevenson and Telford Taylor worked in the
AAA.

While the AAA was paying out hundreds of millions to kill millions of
hogs, burn oats, plow under cotton, the Department of Agriculture
issued a bulletin falsely telling the nation that the great problem of
the times was a failure to produce enough food to provide the people
with a mere subsistence diet. The Department made up four sample
diets. There was a liberal diet, a moderate diet, a minimum diet and
finally an emergency diet -below the minimum. The problems in
agriculture were from over-production which resulted in low prices.
The figures falsely claimed that the United States did not produce
enough food for the population to meet the minimum diet."

I am quite afraid to discuss what a 'liberal' diet is. It must be a
masters fattie thing. By they way, and getting back to comic books, I
nominate _Matter Eater Lad_ as the masters fattie superhero of all
time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matter-Eater_Lad

More on the 'progressive' method of "creating" a middle class
{laughs}:

_The New Deal and Roosevelt's Seizure of Gold:
A Legacy of Theft and Inflation_, Part 1, by William L. Anderson
http://www.fff.org/freedom/fd0608d.asp

On Apr 9, 8:33 am, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 9, 5:21 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <adb3821f-0cb8-44e1-95cc-d8c94b32b...@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
> >  Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > That's almost exactly where I'm at too. Thank you!
> > > Bill C

> > Wha? Huh? I have no idea what I said that was so admirable.

> > --
> > Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> > "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
> > "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."

> On top of the unbiased accuracy which I appreciate. There is the
> support for the right to protest, and the recognition that it needs to
> be non-violent in free democratic societies.
>  That IMO is the true spirit behind both our Constitution, and The
> Charter up there. That tends to get lost in peoples emotions about
> things.
>  It's another day I'm gonna be torn. I fully support the Tibetan
> protests, but I'm afraid we're gonna have significant violence. I
> sincerely hope not though.

Looks like my worries were for nothing. Hat's off to the pro-Tibet
folks. Looks like the only problems were with the pro-Chinese
government folks trying to silence the Tibet folks, but even that was
pretty peaceful from what I'm reading, and the cops didn't freak out,
for once.
Makes me proud to be an American that, that can, and does happen
here.
Bill C