Someone buy my bike

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Darsh, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    It is a 2001 Giant NRS XTC AIR

    I can't ride it, so why shouldn't you?

    It will be on ebay in a few weeks, but I would prefer to let it go to a good amb owner...

    Medium frame. XTR. Hayes disc. UST. Pythons. Monkey lites. Time pedals.. faster than fast red. The
    bike has that lovely feel of matte black love. If you run your tongue down the frame of this bike,
    it grabs... but does not bite.

    Do a one-handed nose-wheelie at the park while holding your hat in acquiescense. You will please the
    ladies and the men.

    Reality though... buy the bike. You will not be sorry.

    It weighs like 23 pounds.

    I paid 3000.00 for it.

    Email me your deal, and be creative.

    darsh [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > It is a 2001 Giant NRS XTC AIR
    >
    > I can't ride it, so why shouldn't you?
    >
    > It will be on ebay in a few weeks, but I would prefer to let it go to a good amb owner...
    >
    > Medium frame. XTR. Hayes disc. UST. Pythons. Monkey lites. Time pedals.. faster than fast red. The
    > bike has that lovely feel of matte black love. If you run your tongue down the frame of this bike,
    > it grabs... but does not bite.
    >
    > Do a one-handed nose-wheelie at the park while holding your hat in acquiescense. You will please
    > the ladies and the men.
    >
    > Reality though... buy the bike. You will not be sorry.
    >
    > It weighs like 23 pounds.
    >
    > I paid 3000.00 for it.
    >
    > Email me your deal, and be creative.
    >
    > darsh [email protected]

    No pictures of it to help sell it?

    I'm trying to get a picture of this dudes full-sus trike I saw up at Big Bear for you. I saw him
    last year too, but his tweaked his design a little and it's pretty badass. Two foot pads to stand on
    (no seat), two rear wheels that sit very close to each other and a Dorado or Boxxer up front. The
    guy was launching off everything and that thing railed like a pair off skis in soft powder....he's a
    crazy SOB!
    --
    Slacker

  3. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > It is a 2001 Giant NRS XTC AIR
    >
    > I can't ride it, so why shouldn't you?

    D-Man, what happened to the Brisa?

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  4. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Darsh <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > It is a 2001 Giant NRS XTC AIR
    >
    > I can't ride it, so why shouldn't you?
    >
    > It will be on ebay in a few weeks, but I would prefer to let it go to a good amb owner...
    >
    > Medium frame. XTR. Hayes disc. UST. Pythons. Monkey lites. Time pedals.. faster than fast red. The
    > bike has that lovely feel of matte black love. If you run your tongue down the frame of this bike,
    > it grabs... but does not bite.
    >
    > Do a one-handed nose-wheelie at the park while holding your hat in acquiescense. You will please
    > the ladies and the men.
    >
    > Reality though... buy the bike. You will not be sorry.
    >
    > It weighs like 23 pounds.
    >
    > I paid 3000.00 for it.
    >
    > Email me your deal, and be creative.
    >
    > darsh [email protected]

    I got $38 in the ol' bike fund, and i could toss in a Thomson seatpost.
    --
    ~Travis (well, thought i would try) ;-)

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Darsh <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    <snipped disgustingly blatant spam>

    Oy, barstuard - take it on over to rec.bicycles.marketplace (or whatthehellever) this
    freaking instant!

    Thank your lucky stars our self appointed moderator isn't around to see this disgraceful
    spectacle. Grrrrrrr.

    Shaun aRe

  6. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    > Darsh <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > <snipped disgustingly blatant spam>
    >
    > Oy, barstuard - take it on over to rec.bicycles.marketplace (or whatthehellever) this freaking
    > instant!
    >
    > Thank your lucky stars our self appointed moderator isn't around to see
    this
    > disgraceful spectacle. Grrrrrrr.

    Yea, but I wanted to give first dibs to the kind and tolerant folks around here.

    30 lashes!

    darsh "Thank you sir, may I have another"

    > Shaun aRe

  7. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    I still have it, and it is going on e-bay next week as well. The Brisa is an awesome trials rig.
    Heck, it is awesome to just look at while sipping a brewski and telling stories.

    BTW, there is a pretty nice Cresent on ebay right now. It was up to 510.00 right now, reserve not
    met, buy now for 800.00 That would be an ultra sweet rig as well.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3614603025&category=7297

    1day 4 hours left

    darsh

    > "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > It is a 2001 Giant NRS XTC AIR
    > >
    > > I can't ride it, so why shouldn't you?
    >
    > D-Man, what happened to the Brisa?
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  8. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

  9. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Sorni <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > BTW, there is a pretty nice Cresent on ebay right now. It was up to
    > 510.00
    > > right now, reserve not met, buy now for 800.00 That would be an ultra
    > sweet
    > > rig as well.
    > >

    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3614603025&category=7297
    >
    > Holy crap that's a teeny-tiny saddle.
    >
    > Bill "not bony-assed" S.

    Damn, if i sat on that saddle and hit a bump, i would have to have it surgically removed. just where
    would you get a seat that small, from a small child's bike?
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  10. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > Damn, if i sat on that saddle and hit a bump, i would have to have it surgically removed. just
    > where would you get a seat that small, from a small child's bike?

    Its a trials bike, you don't sit in trials.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  11. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I still have it, and it is going on e-bay next week as well. The Brisa is an awesome trials rig.
    > Heck, it is awesome to just look at while sipping
    > brewski and telling stories.

    You wouldn't mind me asking how much you're thinking of getting for it?

    > BTW, there is a pretty nice Cresent on ebay right now. It was up to
    510.00
    > right now, reserve not met, buy now for 800.00 That would be an ultra
    sweet
    > rig as well.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3614603025&category=7297

    > 1day 4 hours left

    Not worth it. Its a ghetto bike. Dude posts the picture of the bike then says that it has different
    components than what's in the picture.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  12. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Carla A-G <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Damn, if i sat on that saddle and hit a bump, i would have to have it surgically removed. just
    > > where would you get a seat that small, from a small child's bike?
    >
    > Its a trials bike, you don't sit in trials.
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    Then why have a seat at all? yes, i know the answer, but logicaly, going by "you don't sit in
    trials" it would stand to reason you don't need a seat at all. ;-)
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  13. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > Then why have a seat at all? yes, i know the answer, but logicaly, going by "you don't sit in
    > trials" it would stand to reason you don't need a seat at all. ;-)

    Its there to prevent the bike frame from hitting your ass in case you fail to complete a move. You
    can sit on it, but its not comfortable, they're just made of a thin layer of plastic and can break
    if you put too much weight on them. Anyways, most trials frames don't come with saddles at all, the
    seat tube is blocked off to prevent this, its for clearance issues.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  14. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    20" wheeled bikes don't generally have a saddle. 26" wheeled bikes generally do. The seat is often
    used as a pressure point for the side of the leg while doing some moves, as well as to sit on when
    coasting to a trick area, or just hanging out wathcing others.

    Some riders like one, some don't.

    darsh

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Then why have a seat at all? yes, i know the answer, but logicaly, going by "you don't sit in
    > > trials" it would stand to reason you don't need a seat at all. ;-)
    >
    > Its there to prevent the bike frame from hitting your ass in case you fail to complete a move. You
    > can sit on it, but its not comfortable, they're
    just
    > made of a thin layer of plastic and can break if you put too much weight
    on
    > them. Anyways, most trials frames don't come with saddles at all, the seat tube is blocked off to
    > prevent this, its for clearance issues.
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  15. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    > "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I still have it, and it is going on e-bay next week as well. The Brisa
    is
    > > an awesome trials rig. Heck, it is awesome to just look at while
    sipping
    > > brewski and telling stories.
    >
    > You wouldn't mind me asking how much you're thinking of getting for it?

    I will have several pictures of it up tomorrow I hope. I paid about 1600.00 for it. It is brand new.
    I am willing to cut a great deal, but I am not quite sure what that is yet.

    darsh

    > > BTW, there is a pretty nice Cresent on ebay right now. It was up to
    > 510.00
    > > right now, reserve not met, buy now for 800.00 That would be an ultra
    > sweet
    > > rig as well.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3614603025&category=7297

    > > 1day 4 hours left
    >
    > Not worth it. Its a ghetto bike. Dude posts the picture of the bike then says that it has
    > different components than what's in the picture.
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  16. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Darsh <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > Darsh <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > <snipped disgustingly blatant spam>
    > >
    > > Oy, barstuard - take it on over to rec.bicycles.marketplace (or whatthehellever) this freaking
    > > instant!
    > >
    > > Thank your lucky stars our self appointed moderator isn't around to see
    > this
    > > disgraceful spectacle. Grrrrrrr.
    >
    > Yea, but I wanted to give first dibs to the kind and tolerant folks around here.

    Do those rose coloured glasses come as part of the deal?

    > 30 lashes!

    I counted up to 22 before accidentally poking myself in the eye.

    > darsh "Thank you sir, may I have another"

    Buy yer own!

    Shaun aRe