Someone out there REALLY hates pro cycling

donrhummy

Jan 5, 2006
This is stupid. It never stops.

A former mountain bike racer claims that in 2002 Rasmussen tried to trick him into transporting doping blood for him. Read this:

Whitney Richards, 31, a one-time Colorado-based cross-country racer, told VeloNews that in March of 2002, Rasmussen asked him to transport a box containing cycling shoes. But the shoebox, according to Richards, actually contained bags of an American-made human blood substitute.
http://www.velonews.com/tour2007/news/articles/12851.0.html

Now read that carefully. He's claiming that Rasmussen wanted him to take blood substitute in a shoebox?!

And why now? Rasmussen's been pretty huge in the Tour since he almost made the podium in 2005. Why is this guy saying this 5 years after the fact and two years after Rasmussen's first KOM?

I don't believe it.

You somehow missed that a thread was started on this topic hours ago and now has 72 posts already.

JRMDC said:
You somehow missed that a thread was started on this topic hours ago and now has 72 posts already.
Maybe the guy LOVES cycling but just hates cow blood racing.

Yah think?

Doctor.House said:
Maybe the guy LOVES cycling but just hates cow blood racing.

Yah think?
No, I didn't mean the guy reporting this against Rasmussen. I meant the "guy" in the more general sense, like "someone up there must really be looking out for me" kind of thing.

Sorry for the vague wording. :)

Personally... I think cow blood has its place. The night before my last club race, I ate a rare steak. Yes there was a bit of cow blood in the centre. I placed 6th.

Tubbs said:
Personally... I think cow blood has its place. The night before my last club race, I ate a rare steak. Yes there was a bit of cow blood in the centre. I placed 6th.
mmmm beef, the perfect pre race meal.

No, quite the opposite - someone out there really doesn't want to see the yellow jersey die of mad cow disease.