Someone Please Inform Johan

B. Lafferty

Guest
Armstrong's former team manager at Discovery Channel, Johan Bruyneel said of
Andreu's comments: "I do not understand why he goes on making these
unfounded statements." Speaking to Spanish paper Marca, Bruyneel added: "An
American judge has already shown that Andreu has no credibility. In any
case, neither me nor Lance are losing any sleep over this, because his
attacks are no longer a surprise."

No "American judge" has passed on the veracity of Andreau's sworn testimony
as the case was settled prior to an arbitrators decision. Interestingly, is
Johan saying that Andreu's testimony and statements that he does not know if
Armstrong used epo in the 1999 Tour are "unfounded?"

> Armstrong's former team manager at Discovery Channel, Johan Bruyneel said
> of Andreu's comments: "I do not understand why he goes on making these
> unfounded statements." Speaking to Spanish paper Marca, Bruyneel added:
> "An American judge has already shown that Andreu has no credibility. In
> any case, neither me nor Lance are losing any sleep over this, because his
> attacks are no longer a surprise."
>

> No "American judge" has passed on the veracity of Andreau's sworn
> testimony as the case was settled prior to an arbitrators decision.
> Interestingly, is Johan saying that Andreu's testimony and statements that
> he does not know if Armstrong used epo in the 1999 Tour are "unfounded?"

I agree that it was a strange reaction. It is almost as if Johan is saying
that Frankie is lying about taking EPO. I didn't find any unfounded
statements in the article.

"Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> Armstrong's former team manager at Discovery Channel, Johan Bruyneel said
>> of Andreu's comments: "I do not understand why he goes on making these
>> unfounded statements." Speaking to Spanish paper Marca, Bruyneel added:
>> "An American judge has already shown that Andreu has no credibility. In
>> any case, neither me nor Lance are losing any sleep over this, because
>> his attacks are no longer a surprise."
>>

>> No "American judge" has passed on the veracity of Andreau's sworn
>> testimony as the case was settled prior to an arbitrators decision.
>> Interestingly, is Johan saying that Andreu's testimony and statements
>> that he does not know if Armstrong used epo in the 1999 Tour are
>> "unfounded?"
>>

> I agree that it was a strange reaction. It is almost as if Johan is
> saying that Frankie is lying about taking EPO. I didn't find any
> unfounded statements in the article.

I agree. I thought the article was quite straightforward.

Frank Drackman wrote:
> > Armstrong's former team manager at Discovery Channel, Johan Bruyneel said
> > of Andreu's comments: "I do not understand why he goes on making these
> > unfounded statements." Speaking to Spanish paper Marca, Bruyneel added:
> > "An American judge has already shown that Andreu has no credibility. In
> > any case, neither me nor Lance are losing any sleep over this, because his
> > attacks are no longer a surprise."
> >

> > No "American judge" has passed on the veracity of Andreau's sworn
> > testimony as the case was settled prior to an arbitrators decision.
> > Interestingly, is Johan saying that Andreu's testimony and statements that
> > he does not know if Armstrong used epo in the 1999 Tour are "unfounded?"
> >

> I agree that it was a strange reaction. It is almost as if Johan is saying
> that Frankie is lying about taking EPO. I didn't find any unfounded
> statements in the article.

Johan is a good race strategist, but I've never had the impression that
he was a crafty or "smart" guy. Best for the team's PR staff to keep a
lid on him. Lance, on the other hand, is very crafty.