Something else to worry about

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Leo Lichtman wrote:
>> "landotter" wrote: Now that would be vandalism and completely
>> unforgiveable, especially if the criminal brought a welding rig along on
>> bob trailer and neatly brazed the open holes shut after pulling the
>> stems.
>> For shame!!
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> This thread will live in infamy as "the hypothetical thread."

> No, more likely it will be remembered as yet another thread featuring
> immature- and ultimately cowardly- fantasies about revenge for a
> never-encountered (anyone can offer to *sell* air horns online but how
> many people *buy* them?)

Did you check the website, Bob? These horns are selling. The "candy paint
and 26" rims" crowd have adopted them en masse in my town.

Gooserider wrote:
> "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Gooserider wrote:
>>
>><deleted massive posting>
>>
>>Sounds like a typical "get er done Florida redneck". I think everyone
>>should send him an email or give him a call, just for the heck of it.
>>

> Except he's not a redneck, unless Puerto Ricans or Cubans can be rednecks. I
> think this guy probably wears baggy pants and a throwback jersey.

Well I have have definately run into some hispanics that I would
consider rednecks or the latino version of said Florida redneck.

Ken
--
You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

Homepage: now with it's very own domain name
http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/

Gooserider wrote:
> "GaryG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>Gooserider wrote:
>>>
>>><deleted massive posting>
>>>
>>>Sounds like a typical "get er done Florida redneck". I think everyone
>>>should send him an email or give him a call, just for the heck of it.

>>Let the spammers do it:
>>[email protected]

> Hey, would that be baytobaydjservice@yahoocom ?
>
> How about [email protected]
>
> or
>
> [email protected]
>
> Google is your friend.

You guys are too good. Now how do we get his phone number to all the
telemarketers??

Ken
--

Bob wrote:

> No, more likely it will be remembered as yet another thread featuring
> immature- and ultimately cowardly- fantasies about revenge for a
> never-encountered (anyone can offer to *sell* air horns online but how
> many people *buy* them?) bad act, not too unlike other threads here
> about walloping cars with U-locks or threads in auto groups about
> taking snotty cyclists down a peg with clever manuevers that force them
> off the road while doing no real injury.

Hi, Bob.

I'm sorry that you had your sense of satire removed at either a
southern Baptist baptismal pool or through academic indoctrination. I'm
really sorry, really I am mister. Me and the fellahs was just trying to
have some fun. Now you come about with your slide rules and waggy
finger and book lernin' and just make our hypothetical ho-down come to
a halt like a leaky accordion.

Haven't you been ****** off at a motorist or a mean math teacher and
had little cruel dreams of revenge? I'm sure you have, Bob. That's
human nature, it helps us from acting out in the real world. Did you
have the node of your brain removed that distinguishes between fantasy
playin' and real stuff removed at the same time your satirical
corpuscles taken care of? Well then I'm real sorry for ya, Bob, as it's
a real great way to let off the steam--instead of acting out in real
life--we can joke about it on the internets.

But maybe I'm being harsh, mister, maybe your problem in real life is
not being able to act like a regular ole' adult, so you come on the
internet and scold us litte guys, what with our rock candy and sling
shots, and tell us that auntie's gonna whup us for getting pie on our
best overalls. Hey, that's your thing--right on--live that fantasy--let
the magic bytes fly, just don't let it overlap on our little dream
world.

All the more wonder why someone irritated (at the blaster's hooting) does not
put a BULLET right through the obnoxious one's air tank (and "horn"). Just
wondering when someone will be irritated enough to do that to such an asshole
"hooter"....

Apparently common sense and politeness is becoming rarer by the day as folks
search out their pursuit of happiness

Leo Lichtman wrote:

> "landotter" wrote: But the uber-juvenile, would mix some two part epoxy at
> the scene of the crime and render the valves unrecoverable, and would be a
> true cretin in my opinion.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Why wouldn't a juvenile just pull the stems out with a pair of pliers?
> That's what they do in the tire shops.

That is what I did to a student about 24 years ago when he kept parking in my
parking spot and the school refused to tow the car. The next day (on a February
morning when it was about -30 C) the car was sitting with left front and rear
tires still flat. the principal agreed the car looked abandoned and had it
towed.

Never had ANY student park in my parking spot again. Now 24 years later I still
recount that story and mention that I now have a driver because of my disability
to walk ( steel and braces on my legs).

Figure I did a nasty crime? Have the cops arrest me........

Ken
Canada

Bob wrote:

> Leo Lichtman wrote:
> > "landotter" wrote: Now that would be vandalism and completely
> > unforgiveable, especially if the criminal brought a welding rig along on a
> > bob trailer and neatly brazed the open holes shut after pulling the stems.
> > For shame!!
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > This thread will live in infamy as "the hypothetical thread."

> No, more likely it will be remembered as yet another thread featuring
> immature- and ultimately cowardly- fantasies about revenge for a
> never-encountered I OBJECT!!

I really did pull out the valve stems of that student's driver side tires at
Garden City Collegiate here in Winnipeg!

Ken
Canada

Ken Pisichko wrote:
> Bob wrote:
>
> > Leo Lichtman wrote:
> > > "landotter" wrote: Now that would be vandalism and completely
> > > unforgiveable, especially if the criminal brought a welding rig along on a
> > > bob trailer and neatly brazed the open holes shut after pulling the stems.
> > > For shame!!
> > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > This thread will live in infamy as "the hypothetical thread."

> > No, more likely it will be remembered as yet another thread featuring
> > immature- and ultimately cowardly- fantasies about revenge for a
> > never-encountered I OBJECT!!

> I really did pull out the valve stems of that student's driver side tires at
> Garden City Collegiate here in Winnipeg!

Damn Canadians, you with your wars of pre-emption and hockey and tasty
syrups--why must you make the world such a hostile place?

:p *g*

landotter wrote:

> Hi, Bob.
>
> I'm sorry that you had your sense of satire removed at either a
> southern Baptist baptismal pool or through academic indoctrination. I'm
> really sorry, really I am mister. Me and the fellahs was just trying to
> have some fun. Now you come about with your slide rules and waggy
> finger and book lernin' and just make our hypothetical ho-down come to
> a halt like a leaky accordion.
>
> Haven't you been ****** off at a motorist or a mean math teacher and
> had little cruel dreams of revenge? I'm sure you have, Bob. <remainder snipped>

It's been a very long time since I had any cruel little dreams of
revenge. I can't recall having a single one since I've grown up as a
matter of fact.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

"landotter" wrote: (clip) come to a halt like a leaky accordion. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A leaky accordian can still be plaid.

Ken Pisichko wrote:
:: Leo Lichtman wrote:
::
::: "landotter" wrote: But the uber-juvenile, would mix some two part
::: epoxy at the scene of the crime and render the valves
::: unrecoverable, and would be a true cretin in my opinion.
::: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[...]

Ken Pisichko wrote:
:: Bob wrote:
::
::: Leo Lichtman wrote:
:::: "landotter" wrote: Now that would be vandalism and completely
:::: unforgiveable, especially if the criminal brought a welding rig
:::: along on a bob trailer and neatly brazed the open holes shut after
:::: pulling the stems. For shame!!
:::: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:::: This thread will live in infamy as "the hypothetical thread."
:::
::: No, more likely it will be remembered as yet another thread
::: featuring immature- and ultimately cowardly- fantasies about
::: revenge for a never-encountered I OBJECT!!
::

Leo Lichtman wrote:
> "landotter" wrote: (clip) come to a halt like a leaky accordion. (clip)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> A leaky accordian can still be plaid.

If it's plaid and sounds leaky, it's probably a set of bagpipes, not an
accordian.

landotter wrote:

> Damn Canadians, you with your wars of pre-emption and hockey and tasty
> syrups--why must you make the world such a hostile place?
>
> :p *g*

You have your troubles and I have mine. Vive la difference ;-)

Roger Zoul wrote:

> "Apparently common sense and politeness is becoming rarer by the day as
> folks
> search out their pursuit of happiness"

Yes apparently so. I agree :)

By the way, that student had a habit of parking where he felt was
appropriate for his car. I suppose parking his vehicle in a towing compound
injected some reality therapy into his noggin. From his later behaviour the
injection was apparently successful and HE did have the common sense to
stop thumbing his nose at someone who PAID for an electric plug-in
(remember that that happened in February and we plug in our cars here) and
a parking spot reserved exclusively for them and only them.

Brian Huntley wrote:
> Leo Lichtman wrote:
> > "landotter" wrote: (clip) come to a halt like a leaky accordion. (clip)
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > A leaky accordian can still be plaid.

> If it's plaid and sounds leaky, it's probably a set of bagpipes, not an
> accordian.

Touche.

[groan]

:p

Gooserider wrote:
> Did you check the website, Bob? These horns are selling. The "candy paint
> and 26" rims" crowd have adopted them en masse in my town.

Yes, I did and no offense meant, but I think your perception may be a
little off. There were roughly 30 comments/testimonials from
purchasers. 30 purported sales (marketers have been known to lie
occasionally after all) don't convince me that the product has been
adopted "en masse" anywhere. BTW, I think you mean 20" not 26" rims if
you are referring passenger cars. Or did you mean those horns are
popping up all over your area on 70's era "tenspeeds"? ;-)

Regards,
Bob Hunt

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Gooserider wrote:
>> Did you check the website, Bob? These horns are selling. The "candy paint
>> and 26" rims" crowd have adopted them en masse in my town.

> Yes, I did and no offense meant, but I think your perception may be a
> little off. There were roughly 30 comments/testimonials from
> purchasers. 30 purported sales (marketers have been known to lie
> occasionally after all) don't convince me that the product has been
> adopted "en masse" anywhere. BTW, I think you mean 20" not 26" rims if
> you are referring passenger cars. Or did you mean those horns are
> popping up all over your area on 70's era "tenspeeds"? ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Bob Hunt

No, Bob, I mean exactly what I wrote. The new trend for the "street
pharmacist" is what's called a "Donk". A "Donk" is a car(Chevy Impala, Town
Car, Cadillac, etc) which has the largest possible rim shoehorned into it.
20" is passe'. The "Donk" owner isn't concerned with the car being low.
Their cars look like 4x4s. I've personally seen 24" wheels put on, and I
know 26" rims are available, so it's just a matter of time.

Bob wrote:
> BTW, I think you mean 20" not 26" rims if
> you are referring passenger cars. Or did you mean those horns are
> popping up all over your area on 70's era "tenspeeds"? ;-)

That would be 27"

HTH

--Karen D.
still has one

Bob wrote:
> Gooserider wrote:
> > Did you check the website, Bob? These horns are selling. The "candy paint
> > and 26" rims" crowd have adopted them en masse in my town.

> Yes, I did and no offense meant, but I think your perception may be a
> little off. There were roughly 30 comments/testimonials from
> purchasers. 30 purported sales (marketers have been known to lie
> occasionally after all) don't convince me that the product has been
> adopted "en masse" anywhere.

FWIW, a month or two ago, we had an article in our local paper about
those railroad horns. The article was off some wire service, IIRC.

They are selling enough to get attention in the press. And sadly, that
means more and more yahoos will become inspired to buy them.

- Frank Krygowski