Something I stumbled upon the web..

i2ambler

Jun 18, 2003
Hey,

I stumbled on something on the web that seems pretty cool. Its www.fitday.com. This lets you basically monitor calorie consumption/fat/carbs/nutrients.. It also lets you monitor exercise progress, etc.. Printable reports and stuff are available too. I JUST stumbled on it today, and it looks pretty cool.

You can enter food by item, and enter custom foods.. It calculates calories, sets goals, etc. Kinda neat for something free..

-J

Originally posted by i2ambler
Hey,

I stumbled on something on the web that seems pretty cool. Its www.fitday.com. This lets you basically monitor calorie consumption/fat/carbs/nutrients.. It also lets you monitor exercise progress, etc.. Printable reports and stuff are available too. I JUST stumbled on it today, and it looks pretty cool.

You can enter food by item, and enter custom foods.. It calculates calories, sets goals, etc. Kinda neat for something free..

-J

I checked out the site. First thing I did was read the fine print: Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. I, for one, have enough spam in email and spyware to deal with. This site uses Doubleclick to serve advertising and allows third party advertisers to place cookies on your computer. This reminds me that nothing is free.

Just my opinion.

What I did not do was actually register on the site so I cannot say how convenient or usefull it is. I intend to check it out, though. I just wanted to post the head's up on the advertising end of it.

Originally posted by PaintNLady
I checked out the site. First thing I did was read the fine print: Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. I, for one, have enough spam in email and spyware to deal with. This site uses Doubleclick to serve advertising and allows third party advertisers to place cookies on your computer. This reminds me that nothing is free.

Just my opinion.

What I did not do was actually register on the site so I cannot say how convenient or usefull it is. I intend to check it out, though. I just wanted to post the head's up on the advertising end of it.

Ive signed up to it.. and havent had any problems. I use ad-aware to remove any unwanted bad-ness.. Of course nothing is free, and there are very few places on the internet that done 'somehow' advertise, spam you, or whatever. I have recieved not a single email spam related to that website since joining a month ago.