Something is rotten in Denmark

CAMPYBOB

Sep 12, 2005
[SIZE= 20px]Danish Federation board member positive for doping[/SIZE]

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/danish-federation-board-member-positive-for-doping

Masters racer resigns from Federation and club

Søren Svenningsen has resigned from the Board of Directors of the Danish Cycling Union after testing positive for three substances at a masters-level race at the end of June. He has also resigned from his position as chairman of the Holte Bicycle Club.

The DCU announced the news Wednesday morning, saying that Svenningsen tested positive for testosterone and two different steroids an June 30 at the race.

Well, I am shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

I hope they strip him of his seven Tour de Copenhagen titles and his lucky win in the rain-slicked 1993 Tuesday Afternoon World Championship of East Odense!

Next thing you know, Gran Fondo riders will be doping!

Thank God the organizations responsible for cycling are cleaning it up!

An obvious Witchhunt but serioiusly do you think all Fondo riders don't dope?

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

An obvious Witchhunt but serioiusly do you think all Fondo riders don't dope?
coupled with the rider from new york city, this news strikes me as confirmation of tygart's caution about the "win at all costs" attitude which permeates sports.

I take it you guys haven't been to a pre-grade school soccer game...where they don't even keep score and eveyone's a winner (another of society's moronic ideas).

The parents are on dope, the kiddies have trainers, study video and throw stuff at the refs.

The simple fact that a federation dude would dope is just fracking hysterical! It makes the Lancer banning look downright ignorant and low rent.

I mean...c'mom!...Floyd didn't even have THAT much juice in him when he went on a three-pass break in the Tour and pinned 5 minutes on the world's best dopers riders. What. The. Hell.

You just make this **** up! Reality is way more idiotic than fantasy.

They can find a way to bust the head of a fed, but they couldn't find a way to get Lance to flunk a test under their own rules. Brilliant!

Fed heads are doing da dope and some dweebs on the intarwebz want me to have some sort of child-like faith the yuuusada really, really, really got the dirt on folks. Rrrrriiiiiggght. Gotcha.

I hate to cliche you but two wrongs of even a hundred don't make it all good.