Something is rotten...

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by C W Browne, Mar 10, 2004.

  1. C W Browne

    C W Browne Guest

    "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." William
    Shakespeare, Hamlet.

    The ongoing conflict between the medical fraternity and
    proponents of alternative medicine does not help the sick
    person, who usually simply wants to get well again by the
    best possible means. Can one unquestioningly follow one's
    doctor's advice or is there a valid foundation for some of
    the accusations leveled against conventional medicine? A few
    examples can throw some light on this issue:

    1) Hormone replacement therapy. Recent studies have
    confirmed previous suspicions that hormone replacement
    therapy significantly increases the risk of cancer.
    Cancer is extremely serious and life threatening, unlike
    hot flushes and other symptoms of menopause that are only
    temporary and can be alleviated by safe alternative means
    such as a controlled diet, herbal supplements and
    exercise. But hormone replacement therapy continues to be
    prescribed by doctors and marketed by drug companies on a
    large scale.

    2) Chemotherapy and radiation. In most cases the long-term
    survival rate with these therapies is poor. This is not
    surprising since chemotherapy is a poison that attacks
    not only the tumour but also the whole body, while doing
    nothing to eliminate the cause of cancer. It often does
    more harm than good. Yet most doctors and oncologists
    persist with these treatments only, and do not even
    mention simple steps relating to diet, internal
    detoxification, exercise and emotional uncluttering that
    can at best be life saving and at least do no harm.

    3) Circumcision. When carried out in a crude fashion on
    young men in third world areas as part of initiation
    ceremonies, this is condemned. Yet, under clinical
    circumstances, the same procedure is widely inflicted on
    babies by western doctors, being offered to parents as an
    option. Millions, apart from those for whom it is a
    religious rite, have been subjected to this procedure
    which has only harmful effects. This obvious abuse of
    human rights, where a child's body is mutilated without
    him having any say in the matter, has for decades
    received the silent approval of medical associations.

    These are only some examples showing that there is indeed
    cause for alarm. To conclude: one cannot implicitly put
    one's health in the care of doctors and be assured of
    receiving the best treatment (not necessarily the most
    expensive or high-tech one). Consequently each person should
    take personal control of his own health, do his or her own
    research, and make his or her own decisions.

    The rapidly growing move towards alternative practitioners
    is a direct result of the fact that: Something is rotten in
    the state of Medicine.

    Christopher Browne.

    Tags:

  2. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Something is rotten...
    >From: "C W Browne" [email protected]
    >Date: 3/10/2004 8:00 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." William
    >Shakespeare, Hamlet.

    Very well said, very true.

    Jan

  3. C W Browne wrote:

    > "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." William
    > Shakespeare, Hamlet.
    >
    > The ongoing conflict between the medical fraternity and
    > proponents of alternative medicine does not help the sick
    > person, who usually simply wants to get well again by the
    > best possible means. Can one unquestioningly follow one's
    > doctor's advice or is there a valid foundation for some of
    > the accusations leveled against conventional medicine? A
    > few examples can throw some light on this issue:
    >
    > 1) Hormone replacement therapy. Recent studies have
    > confirmed previous suspicions that hormone replacement
    > therapy significantly increases the risk of cancer.
    > Cancer is extremely serious and life threatening,
    > unlike hot flushes and other symptoms of menopause that
    > are only temporary and can be alleviated by safe
    > alternative means such as a controlled diet, herbal
    > supplements and exercise. But hormone replacement
    > therapy continues to be prescribed by doctors and
    > marketed by drug companies on a large scale.
    >
    > 2) Chemotherapy and radiation. In most cases the long-term
    > survival rate with these therapies is poor. This is not
    > surprising since chemotherapy is a poison that attacks
    > not only the tumour but also the whole body, while
    > doing nothing to eliminate the cause of cancer. It
    > often does more harm than good. Yet most doctors and
    > oncologists persist with these treatments only, and do
    > not even mention simple steps relating to diet,
    > internal detoxification, exercise and emotional
    > uncluttering that can at best be life saving and at
    > least do no harm.
    >
    > 3) Circumcision. When carried out in a crude fashion on
    > young men in third world areas as part of initiation
    > ceremonies, this is condemned. Yet, under clinical
    > circumstances, the same procedure is widely inflicted
    > on babies by western doctors, being offered to parents
    > as an option. Millions, apart from those for whom it is
    > a religious rite, have been subjected to this procedure
    > which has only harmful effects. This obvious abuse of
    > human rights, where a child's body is mutilated without
    > him having any say in the matter, has for decades
    > received the silent approval of medical associations.
    >
    > These are only some examples showing that there is indeed
    > cause for alarm. To conclude: one cannot implicitly put
    > one's health in the care of doctors and be assured of
    > receiving the best treatment (not necessarily the most
    > expensive or high-tech one). Consequently each person
    > should take personal control of his own health, do his or
    > her own research, and make his or her own decisions.
    >
    > The rapidly growing move towards alternative practitioners
    > is a direct result of the fact that: Something is rotten
    > in the state of Medicine.
    >
    > Christopher Browne.

    I do not recommend that anyone follow any medical advice
    without question.

    Assuming that alternative medicine is a monolith, which
    modality, conventional or alternative, is more open in
    discussion of its success or failures?

    Re your examples:

    Hormone replacement therapy: There is some evidence that
    HRT may increase some forms of cancer, however is a lot
    of evidence that it prevents other forms of cancer.
    Further study is needed, and a risk-benefit evaluation
    needs to be applied.

    Chemotherapy has been shown to increase life span, and are
    infinitely more usefully than "internal detoxification" and
    "emotional uncluttering."

    As to circumcism, if you don't want the procedure done on
    your child, no doctor will insist.

    The idea that a person can read a few articles, books etc,
    and be able to make informed decisions as to a complex
    medical problem is absolute insanity. A few minutes or hours
    does not equate to a lifetime of learning that doctors
    devote to learning their craft.

    The outcome of this "informed decision" will be to die
    sooner rather than later.

    j.

    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than
    are dreamt of in your philosophy." ibid.

  4. "C W Browne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." William
    > Shakespeare,
    Hamlet.

    Agreed, and you posted it below.....

    > 2) Chemotherapy and radiation. In most cases the long-
    > term survival rate with these therapies is poor. This
    > is not surprising since chemotherapy is a poison that
    > attacks not
    only
    > the tumour but also the whole body, while doing nothing to
    > eliminate the cause of cancer. It often does more harm
    > than good. Yet most doctors and oncologists persist with
    > these treatments only, and do not even mention simple
    > steps relating to diet, internal detoxification, exercise
    > and emotional uncluttering that can at best be life saving
    > and at least do no harm.

    There are several points that you made that are just
    utter bullcrap.

  5. Bew

    Bew Guest

> [...]
    which
    > has only harmful effects. This obvious abuse of human
    > rights, where a child's body is mutilated without him
    > having any say in the matter, has
    for
    > decades received the silent approval of medical
    > associations.
    >
    > These are only some examples showing that there is indeed
    > cause for alarm. To conclude: one cannot implicitly put
    > one's health in the care of doctors and be assured of
    > receiving the best treatment (not necessarily the most
    > expensive or high-tech one). Consequently each person
    > should take
    personal
    > control of his own health, do his or her own research, and
    > make his or her own decisions.
    >
    > The rapidly growing move towards alternative practitioners
    > is a direct result of the fact that: Something is rotten

    Indeed , there is something very rotten in the state of
    medicine , the following report will be an eye opener if you
    haven't seen it , both alternative and traditional
    approaches should be concentrating on providing the absolute
    best care for patients on an individual basis . Doctors
    should realise that the times have changed and people are
    now much better informed about their medical problems and
    the treatments available .

    http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2004/mar2004_awsi_death_02.h-
    tm

    Sample of medical cover ups
    http://www.irishhealth.com/?level=4&id=5327

    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/3/prweb60642.php

  6. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    "Say not the Struggle nought Availeth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

> [...]
    > > for whom it is a religious rite, have been subjected to
    > > this procedure
    which
    > > has only harmful effects. This obvious abuse of human
    > > rights, where a child's body is mutilated without him
    > > having any say in the matter, has
    for
    > > decades received the silent approval of medical
    > > associations.
    > >
    > > These are only some examples showing that there is
    > > indeed cause for
    alarm.
    > > To conclude: one cannot implicitly put one's health in
    > > the care of
    doctors
    > > and be assured of receiving the best treatment (not
    > > necessarily the most expensive or high-tech one).
    > > Consequently each person should take
    personal
    > > control of his own health, do his or her own research,
    her
    > > own decisions.
    > >
    > > The rapidly growing move towards alternative
    > > practitioners is a direct result of the fact that:
    > > Something is rotten in the state of Medicine.
    > >
    > > Christopher Browne.
    > >

    > I do not recommend that anyone follow any medical advice
    > without question.
    >
    > Assuming that alternative medicine is a monolith, which
    > modality, conventional or alternative, is more open in
    > discussion of its success or failures?
    >
    > Re your examples:
    >
    > Hormone replacement therapy: There is some evidence that
    > HRT may increase some forms of cancer, however is a lot of
    > evidence that it prevents other forms of cancer. Further
    > study is needed, and a risk-benefit evaluation needs to be
    > applied.
    >

    > Chemotherapy has been shown to increase life span, and are
    > infinitely more usefully than "internal detoxification"
    > and "emotional uncluttering."
    >
    > As to circumcism, if you don't want the procedure done on
    > your child, no doctor will insist.
    >
    > The idea that a person can read a few articles, books etc,
    > and be able to make informed decisions as to a complex
    > medical problem is absolute insanity. A few minutes or
    > hours does not equate to a lifetime of learning that
    > doctors devote to learning their craft.
    >
    > The outcome of this "informed decision" will be to die
    > sooner rather than later.
    >

    > j.
    >
    > "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than
    > are dreamt of in your philosophy." ibid.

    J, your argument is weak.

  7. Mdd

> [...]

    > > for whom it is a religious rite, have been subjected to
    > > this procedure
    which
    > > has only harmful effects. This obvious abuse of human
    > > rights, where a child's body is mutilated without him
    > > having any say in the matter, has
    for
    > > decades received the silent approval of medical
    > > associations.
    > >
    > > These are only some examples showing that there is
    > > indeed cause for
    alarm.
    > > To conclude: one cannot implicitly put one's health in
    > > the care of
    doctors
    > > and be assured of receiving the best treatment (not
    > > necessarily the most expensive or high-tech one).
    > > Consequently each person should take
    personal
    > > control of his own health, do his or her own research,
    her
    > > own decisions.
    > >
    > > The rapidly growing move towards alternative
    > > practitioners is a direct result of the fact that:
    > > Something is rotten in the state of Medicine.
    > >
    > > Christopher Browne.
    > >

    > I do not recommend that anyone follow any medical advice
    > without question.
    >
    > Assuming that alternative medicine is a monolith, which
    > modality, conventional or alternative, is more open in
    > discussion of its success or failures?
    >
    > Re your examples:
    >
    > Hormone replacement therapy: There is some evidence that
    > HRT may increase some forms of cancer, however is a lot of
    > evidence that it prevents other forms of cancer. Further
    > study is needed, and a risk-benefit evaluation needs to be
    > applied.
    >

    > Chemotherapy has been shown to increase life span, and are
    > infinitely more usefully than "internal detoxification"
    > and "emotional uncluttering."
    >
    > As to circumcism, if you don't want the procedure done on
    > your child, no doctor will insist.
    >
    > The idea that a person can read a few articles, books etc,
    > and be able to make informed decisions as to a complex
    > medical problem is absolute insanity. A few minutes or
    > hours does not equate to a lifetime of learning that
    > doctors devote to learning their craft.
    >
    > The outcome of this "informed decision" will be to die
    > sooner rather than later.
    >

    > j.
    >
    > "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than
    > are dreamt of in your philosophy." ibid.

    J, your argument is weak.

  8. Mdd

> [...]

    > > for whom it is a religious rite, have been subjected to
    > > this procedure
    which
    > > has only harmful effects. This obvious abuse of human
    > > rights, where a child's body is mutilated without him
    > > having any say in the matter, has
    for
    > > decades received the silent approval of medical
    > > associations.
    > >
    > > These are only some examples showing that there is
    > > indeed cause for
    alarm.
    > > To conclude: one cannot implicitly put one's health in
    > > the care of
    doctors
    > > and be assured of receiving the best treatment (not
    > > necessarily the most expensive or high-tech one).
    > > Consequently each person should take
    personal
    > > control of his own health, do his or her own research,
    her
    > > own decisions.
    > >
    > > The rapidly growing move towards alternative
    > > practitioners is a direct result of the fact that:
    > > Something is rotten in the state of Medicine.
    > >
    > > Christopher Browne.
    > >

    > I do not recommend that anyone follow any medical advice
    > without question.
    >
    > Assuming that alternative medicine is a monolith, which
    > modality, conventional or alternative, is more open in
    > discussion of its success or failures?
    >
    > Re your examples:
    >
    > Hormone replacement therapy: There is some evidence that
    > HRT may increase some forms of cancer, however is a lot of
    > evidence that it prevents other forms of cancer. Further
    > study is needed, and a risk-benefit evaluation needs to be
    > applied.
    >

    > Chemotherapy has been shown to increase life span, and are
    > infinitely more usefully than "internal detoxification"
    > and "emotional uncluttering."
    >
    > As to circumcism, if you don't want the procedure done on
    > your child, no doctor will insist.
    >
    > The idea that a person can read a few articles, books etc,
    > and be able to make informed decisions as to a complex
    > medical problem is absolute insanity. A few minutes or
    > hours does not equate to a lifetime of learning that
    > doctors devote to learning their craft.
    >
    > The outcome of this "informed decision" will be to die
    > sooner rather than later.
    >

    > j.
    >
    > "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than
    > are dreamt of in your philosophy." ibid.

    J, your argument is weak.

  9. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    "Mark Probert-March 10, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote
    in message news:eek:bM3c.15350$%[email protected]...

    > "C W Browne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." William
    > > Shakespeare,
    > Hamlet.
    >
    > Agreed, and you posted it below.....
    >
    > > 2) Chemotherapy and radiation. In most cases the long-
    > > term survival rate with these therapies is poor. This
    > > is not surprising since chemotherapy is a poison that
    > > attacks not
    > only
    > > the tumour but also the whole body, while doing nothing
    > > to eliminate the cause of cancer. It often does more
    > > harm than good. Yet most doctors
    and
    > > oncologists persist with these treatments only, and do
    > > not even mention simple steps relating to diet, internal
    > > detoxification, exercise and emotional uncluttering that
    > > can at best be life saving and at least do
    no
    > > harm.
    >
    > There are several points that you made that are just utter
    > bullcrap.

    In Marks utterly worthless opinion.............

  10. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    "Mark Probert-March 10, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote
    in message news:eek:bM3c.15350$%[email protected]...

    > "C W Browne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." William
    > > Shakespeare,
    > Hamlet.
    >
    > Agreed, and you posted it below.....
    >
    > > 2) Chemotherapy and radiation. In most cases the long-
    > > term survival rate with these therapies is poor. This
    > > is not surprising since chemotherapy is a poison that
    > > attacks not
    > only
    > > the tumour but also the whole body, while doing nothing
    > > to eliminate the cause of cancer. It often does more
    > > harm than good. Yet most doctors
    and
    > > oncologists persist with these treatments only, and do
    > > not even mention simple steps relating to diet, internal
    > > detoxification, exercise and emotional uncluttering that
    > > can at best be life saving and at least do
    no
    > > harm.
    >
    > There are several points that you made that are just utter
    > bullcrap.

    In Marks utterly worthless opinion.............

  11. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    "Mark Probert-March 10, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote
    in message news:eek:bM3c.15350$%[email protected]...

    > "C W Browne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." William
    > > Shakespeare,
    > Hamlet.
    >
    > Agreed, and you posted it below.....
    >
    > > 2) Chemotherapy and radiation. In most cases the long-
    > > term survival rate with these therapies is poor. This
    > > is not surprising since chemotherapy is a poison that
    > > attacks not
    > only
    > > the tumour but also the whole body, while doing nothing
    > > to eliminate the cause of cancer. It often does more
    > > harm than good. Yet most doctors
    and
    > > oncologists persist with these treatments only, and do
    > > not even mention simple steps relating to diet, internal
    > > detoxification, exercise and emotional uncluttering that
    > > can at best be life saving and at least do
    no
    > > harm.
    >
    > There are several points that you made that are just utter
    > bullcrap.

    In Marks utterly worthless opinion.............

  12. "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Indeed , there is something very rotten in the state of
    > medicine , the following report will be an eye opener if
    > you haven't seen it , both alternative and traditional
    > approaches should be concentrating on
    providing
    > the absolute best care for patients on an individual basis
    > . Doctors
    should
    > realise that the times have changed and people are now
    > much better
    informed
    > about their medical problems and the treatments
    > available .
    >
    > http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2004/mar2004_awsi_deat-
    > h_02.htm

    What a stupid article They cite BED SORES as a cause of
    death of 115,000 pateints. Then they cite the report, and
    the report says nothing about the cause of death.

    When they cannot get even the simplest thing right, like
    proper citation, Bew loves to cite them as an authroity.
    What a maroon.

  13. "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Indeed , there is something very rotten in the state of
    > medicine , the following report will be an eye opener if
    > you haven't seen it , both alternative and traditional
    > approaches should be concentrating on
    providing
    > the absolute best care for patients on an individual basis
    > . Doctors
    should
    > realise that the times have changed and people are now
    > much better
    informed
    > about their medical problems and the treatments
    > available .
    >
    > http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2004/mar2004_awsi_deat-
    > h_02.htm

    What a stupid article They cite BED SORES as a cause of
    death of 115,000 pateints. Then they cite the report, and
    the report says nothing about the cause of death.

    When they cannot get even the simplest thing right, like
    proper citation, Bew loves to cite them as an authroity.
    What a maroon.

  14. "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Say not the Struggle nought Availeth" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in
    message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > C W Browne wrote:
    > >
    > > > "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." William
    > > > Shakespeare,
    > Hamlet.
    > > >
    > > > The ongoing conflict between the medical fraternity
    > > > and proponents of alternative medicine does not help
    > > > the sick person, who usually simply
    > wants
    > > > to get well again by the best possible means. Can one
    > > > unquestioningly follow one's doctor's advice or is
    > > > there a
    valid
    > > > foundation for some of the accusations leveled against
    > > > conventional medicine? A few examples can throw some
    > > > light on this issue:
    > > >
    > > > 1) Hormone replacement therapy. Recent studies have
    > > > confirmed previous suspicions that hormone
    > replacement
    > > > therapy significantly increases the risk of cancer.
    > > > Cancer is
    extremely
    > > > serious and life threatening, unlike hot flushes and
    > > > other symptoms of menopause that are only temporary
    > > > and can be alleviated by safe
    > alternative
    > > > means such as a controlled diet, herbal supplements
    > > > and exercise. But hormone replacement therapy
    > > > continues to be prescribed by doctors
    > and
    > > > marketed by drug companies on a large scale.
    > > >
    > > > 2) Chemotherapy and radiation. In most cases the long-
    > > > term survival rate with these therapies is
    poor.
    > > > This is not surprising since chemotherapy is a poison
    > > > that attacks not
    > only
    > > > the tumour but also the whole body, while doing
    > > > nothing to eliminate
    the
    > > > cause of cancer. It often does more harm than good.
    > > > Yet most doctors
    > and
    > > > oncologists persist with these treatments only, and do
    > > > not even
    mention
    > > > simple steps relating to diet, internal
    > > > detoxification, exercise and emotional uncluttering
    > > > that can at best be life saving and at least do
    > no
    > > > harm.
    > > >
    > > > 3) Circumcision. When carried out in a crude fashion
    > > > on young men in third world areas
    as
    > > > part of initiation ceremonies, this is condemned. Yet,
    > > > under clinical circumstances, the same procedure is
    > > > widely inflicted on babies by
    > western
    > > > doctors, being offered to parents as an option.
    > > > Millions, apart from
    > those
    > > > for whom it is a religious rite, have been subjected
    > > > to this procedure
    > which
    > > > has only harmful effects. This obvious abuse of human
    > > > rights, where a child's body is mutilated without him
    > > > having any say in the matter,
    has
    > for
    > > > decades received the silent approval of medical
    > > > associations.
    > > >
    > > > These are only some examples showing that there is
    > > > indeed cause for
    > alarm.
    > > > To conclude: one cannot implicitly put one's health in
    > > > the care of
    > doctors
    > > > and be assured of receiving the best treatment (not
    > > > necessarily the
    most
    > > > expensive or high-tech one). Consequently each person
    > > > should take
    > personal
    > > > control of his own health, do his or her own research,
    > > > and make his or
    > her
    > > > own decisions.
    > > >
    > > > The rapidly growing move towards alternative
    > > > practitioners is a direct result of the fact that:
    > > > Something is rotten in the state of Medicine.
    > > >
    > > > Christopher Browne.
    > > >

    > > I do not recommend that anyone follow any medical advice
    > > without
    question.

    > > Assuming that alternative medicine is a monolith, which
    > > modality, conventional or alternative, is more open in
    > > discussion of its success or failures?
    > >
    > > Re your examples:
    > >
    > > Hormone replacement therapy: There is some evidence that
    > > HRT may increase some forms of cancer, however is a lot
    > > of evidence that it prevents other forms of cancer.
    > > Further study is needed, and a risk-benefit evaluation
    > > needs to be applied.
    > >

    > > Chemotherapy has been shown to increase life span, and
    > > are infinitely more usefully than "internal
    > > detoxification" and "emotional
    uncluttering."

    > > As to circumcism, if you don't want the procedure done
    > > on your child, no doctor will insist.
    > >
    > > The idea that a person can read a few articles, books
    > > etc, and be able to make informed decisions as to a
    > > complex medical problem is absolute insanity. A few
    > > minutes or hours does not equate to a lifetime of
    > > learning that doctors devote to learning their craft.
    > >
    > > The outcome of this "informed decision" will be to die
    > > sooner rather than later.
    > >

    > > j.
    > >
    > > "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    > > Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." ibid.
    > >
    > J, your argument is weak.

    Old Chinese proverb:

    Weak argument better than no argument at all.

  15. "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Say not the Struggle nought Availeth" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in
    message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > C W Browne wrote:
    > >
    > > > "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." William
    > > > Shakespeare,
    > Hamlet.
    > > >
    > > > The ongoing conflict between the medical fraternity
    > > > and proponents of alternative medicine does not help
    > > > the sick person, who usually simply
    > wants
    > > > to get well again by the best possible means. Can one
    > > > unquestioningly follow one's doctor's advice or is
    > > > there a
    valid
    > > > foundation for some of the accusations leveled against
    > > > conventional medicine? A few examples can throw some
    > > > light on this issue:
    > > >
    > > > 1) Hormone replacement therapy. Recent studies have
    > > > confirmed previous suspicions that hormone
    > replacement
    > > > therapy significantly increases the risk of cancer.
    > > > Cancer is
    extremely
    > > > serious and life threatening, unlike hot flushes and
    > > > other symptoms of menopause that are only temporary
    > > > and can be alleviated by safe
    > alternative
    > > > means such as a controlled diet, herbal supplements
    > > > and exercise. But hormone replacement therapy
    > > > continues to be prescribed by doctors
    > and
    > > > marketed by drug companies on a large scale.
    > > >
    > > > 2) Chemotherapy and radiation. In most cases the long-
    > > > term survival rate with these therapies is
    poor.
    > > > This is not surprising since chemotherapy is a poison
    > > > that attacks not
    > only
    > > > the tumour but also the whole body, while doing
    > > > nothing to eliminate
    the
    > > > cause of cancer. It often does more harm than good.
    > > > Yet most doctors
    > and
    > > > oncologists persist with these treatments only, and do
    > > > not even
    mention
    > > > simple steps relating to diet, internal
    > > > detoxification, exercise and emotional uncluttering
    > > > that can at best be life saving and at least do
    > no
    > > > harm.
    > > >
    > > > 3) Circumcision. When carried out in a crude fashion
    > > > on young men in third world areas
    as
    > > > part of initiation ceremonies, this is condemned. Yet,
    > > > under clinical circumstances, the same procedure is
    > > > widely inflicted on babies by
    > western
    > > > doctors, being offered to parents as an option.
    > > > Millions, apart from
    > those
    > > > for whom it is a religious rite, have been subjected
    > > > to this procedure
    > which
    > > > has only harmful effects. This obvious abuse of human
    > > > rights, where a child's body is mutilated without him
    > > > having any say in the matter,
    has
    > for
    > > > decades received the silent approval of medical
    > > > associations.
    > > >
    > > > These are only some examples showing that there is
    > > > indeed cause for
    > alarm.
    > > > To conclude: one cannot implicitly put one's health in
    > > > the care of
    > doctors
    > > > and be assured of receiving the best treatment (not
    > > > necessarily the
    most
    > > > expensive or high-tech one). Consequently each person
    > > > should take
    > personal
    > > > control of his own health, do his or her own research,
    > > > and make his or
    > her
    > > > own decisions.
    > > >
    > > > The rapidly growing move towards alternative
    > > > practitioners is a direct result of the fact that:
    > > > Something is rotten in the state of Medicine.
    > > >
    > > > Christopher Browne.
    > > >

    > > I do not recommend that anyone follow any medical advice
    > > without
    question.

    > > Assuming that alternative medicine is a monolith, which
    > > modality, conventional or alternative, is more open in
    > > discussion of its success or failures?
    > >
    > > Re your examples:
    > >
    > > Hormone replacement therapy: There is some evidence that
    > > HRT may increase some forms of cancer, however is a lot
    > > of evidence that it prevents other forms of cancer.
    > > Further study is needed, and a risk-benefit evaluation
    > > needs to be applied.
    > >

    > > Chemotherapy has been shown to increase life span, and
    > > are infinitely more usefully than "internal
    > > detoxification" and "emotional
    uncluttering."

    > > As to circumcism, if you don't want the procedure done
    > > on your child, no doctor will insist.
    > >
    > > The idea that a person can read a few articles, books
    > > etc, and be able to make informed decisions as to a
    > > complex medical problem is absolute insanity. A few
    > > minutes or hours does not equate to a lifetime of
    > > learning that doctors devote to learning their craft.
    > >
    > > The outcome of this "informed decision" will be to die
    > > sooner rather than later.
    > >

    > > j.
    > >
    > > "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    > > Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." ibid.
    > >
    > J, your argument is weak.

    Old Chinese proverb:

    Weak argument better than no argument at all.

  16. "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Mark Probert-March 10, 2004" <Mark Probert03-10-
    > [email protected]>
    wrote
    > in message
    > news:eek:bM3c.15350$%[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "C W Browne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." William
    > > > Shakespeare,
    > > Hamlet.
    > >
    > > Agreed, and you posted it below.....
    > >
    > > > 2) Chemotherapy and radiation. In most cases the long-
    > > > term survival rate with these therapies is
    poor.
    > > > This is not surprising since chemotherapy is a poison
    > > > that attacks not
    > > only
    > > > the tumour but also the whole body, while doing
    > > > nothing to eliminate
    the
    > > > cause of cancer. It often does more harm than good.
    > > > Yet most doctors
    > and
    > > > oncologists persist with these treatments only, and do
    > > > not even
    mention
    > > > simple steps relating to diet, internal
    > > > detoxification, exercise and emotional uncluttering
    > > > that can at best be life saving and at least do
    > no
    > > > harm.
    > >
    > > There are several points that you made that are just
    > > utter bullcrap.
    > >

    > In Marks utterly worthless opinion.............

    Just because I use polysyllabic words which you do not
    understand does not mean my opinion is worthless.

  17. "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Mark Probert-March 10, 2004" <Mark Probert03-10-
    > [email protected]>
    wrote