Something must be done... this is something...

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Peter Allen, Sep 9, 2005.

  1. Peter Allen

    Peter Allen Guest

    Tags:

  2. David Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    Peter Allen wrote:
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/n...&en=1b27db938424d6bd&ei=5094&partner=homepage
    >
    > Someone hasn't thought this one through.
    >
    > I might even be in agreement with Brink here.

    This is EXACTLY the reason we of the firearms fraternity oppose ALL
    firearms registration programs. "They" always say, "don't worry, we'll
    just keep these records in case your gun gets used in a crime or
    something" and then, The Government, for whatever reason they choose,
    comes knocking on your door, demanding your guns.

    I hate/love when they prove us right.

    David

  3. On 9 Sep 2005 04:39:46 -0700, "David Cohen" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >This is EXACTLY the reason we of the firearms fraternity oppose ALL
    >firearms registration programs. "They" always say, "don't worry, we'll
    >just keep these records in case your gun gets used in a crime or
    >something" and then, The Government, for whatever reason they choose,
    >comes knocking on your door, demanding your guns.
    >
    >I hate/love when they prove us right.

    Hey arsewipe,
    Why would you have a problem with them confiscating guns there? The
    morons like you, are shooting at cops, rescue workers, and national
    guard. Don't you think that's good enough reason to confiscate
    weapons? Registration is a smart thing, so I understand completely why
    you don't understand the concept. BTW dumbazz, those "registrartion
    records" that scare you so bad, they were likely destroyed in the
    flood too.
    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  4. WillBrink

    WillBrink Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Peter Allen wrote:
    > > http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/national/nationalspecial/09storm.html?hp&e
    > > x=1126324800&en=1b27db938424d6bd&ei=5094&partner=homepage
    > >
    > > Someone hasn't thought this one through.
    > >
    > > I might even be in agreement with Brink here.

    > This is EXACTLY the reason we of the firearms fraternity oppose ALL
    > firearms registration programs. "They" always say, "don't worry, we'll
    > just keep these records in case your gun gets used in a crime or
    > something" and then, The Government, for whatever reason they choose,
    > comes knocking on your door, demanding your guns.
    >
    > I hate/love when they prove us right.

    From another article:

    "No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns,
    or other firearms, said P. Edwin Compass, the superintendent of police.
    "Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons," he said."

    However:

    "But that order apparently does not apply to the hundreds of security
    guards whom businesses and some wealthy individuals have hired to
    protect their property. The guards, who are civilians working for
    private security firms like Blackwater, are openly carrying M-16's and
    other assault rifles. Mr. Compass said he was aware of the private
    guards, but that the police had no plans to make them give up their
    weapons."

    As always the wealthy are protected, the poor are left to fend for
    themselves, and that's exactly what the 2D Amend attempts to prevent and
    always why registration = confiscation. Always.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  5. WillBrink

    WillBrink Guest

  6. Peter Allen

    Peter Allen Guest

    WillBrink wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Allen wrote:
    >>> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/national/nationalspecial/09storm.html?hp&e
    >>> x=1126324800&en=1b27db938424d6bd&ei=5094&partner=homepage
    >>>
    >>> Someone hasn't thought this one through.
    >>>
    >>> I might even be in agreement with Brink here.

    >> This is EXACTLY the reason we of the firearms fraternity oppose ALL
    >> firearms registration programs. "They" always say, "don't worry,
    >> we'll just keep these records in case your gun gets used in a crime
    >> or something" and then, The Government, for whatever reason they
    >> choose, comes knocking on your door, demanding your guns.
    >>
    >> I hate/love when they prove us right.

    > From another article:
    >
    > "No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols,
    > shotguns, or other firearms, said P. Edwin Compass, the
    > superintendent of police. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have
    > weapons," he said."
    >
    > However:
    >
    > "But that order apparently does not apply to the hundreds of security
    > guards whom businesses and some wealthy individuals have hired to
    > protect their property. The guards, who are civilians working for
    > private security firms like Blackwater, are openly carrying M-16's and
    > other assault rifles. Mr. Compass said he was aware of the private
    > guards, but that the police had no plans to make them give up their
    > weapons."
    >
    > As always the wealthy are protected, the poor are left to fend for
    > themselves, and that's exactly what the 2D Amend attempts to prevent
    > and always why registration = confiscation. Always.

    Somehow I think you have decided the govt. action is a bad idea for a
    different reason to mine.

    I'm worried that there will be a bunch of guys (like JH probably would if he
    were in NO) who will stand up to the authorities coming to confiscate their
    weapons and quote the law and refuse to give up their guns. Which would
    create a shedload of trouble with said authorities being as jumpy as they
    are.

    Whereas you're seeing a vision of a big nasty policeman coming to remove
    your penis extension.

    Peter

  7. David Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    Peter Allen wrote:
    > WillBrink wrote:

    > >> This is EXACTLY the reason we of the firearms fraternity oppose ALL
    > >> firearms registration programs. "They" always say, "don't worry,
    > >> we'll just keep these records in case your gun gets used in a crime
    > >> or something" and then, The Government, for whatever reason they
    > >> choose, comes knocking on your door, demanding your guns.
    > >>
    > >> I hate/love when they prove us right.

    > > From another article:
    > >
    > > "No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols,
    > > shotguns, or other firearms, said P. Edwin Compass, the
    > > superintendent of police. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have
    > > weapons," he said."
    > >
    > > However:
    > >
    > > "But that order apparently does not apply to the hundreds of security
    > > guards whom businesses and some wealthy individuals have hired to
    > > protect their property. The guards, who are civilians working for
    > > private security firms like Blackwater, are openly carrying M-16's and
    > > other assault rifles. Mr. Compass said he was aware of the private
    > > guards, but that the police had no plans to make them give up their
    > > weapons."
    > >
    > > As always the wealthy are protected, the poor are left to fend for
    > > themselves, and that's exactly what the 2D Amend attempts to prevent
    > > and always why registration = confiscation. Always.

    > Somehow I think you have decided the govt. action is a bad idea for a
    > different reason to mine.
    >
    > I'm worried that there will be a bunch of guys (like JH probably would if he
    > were in NO) who will stand up to the authorities coming to confiscate their
    > weapons and quote the law and refuse to give up their guns. Which would
    > create a shedload of trouble with said authorities being as jumpy as they
    > are.
    >
    > Whereas you're seeing a vision of a big nasty policeman coming to remove
    > your penis extension.

    Ohmigod, perish the thought.

    What the HELL would I do with more than 10 inches? Jeez, man, special
    order underwear?

    David

  8. WillBrink

    WillBrink Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Peter Allen" <p[email protected]> wrote:

    > WillBrink wrote:
    > > In article <[email protected]>,

    > >> This is EXACTLY the reason we of the firearms fraternity oppose ALL
    > >> firearms registration programs. "They" always say, "don't worry,
    > >> we'll just keep these records in case your gun gets used in a crime
    > >> or something" and then, The Government, for whatever reason they
    > >> choose, comes knocking on your door, demanding your guns.
    > >>
    > >> I hate/love when they prove us right.

    > > From another article:
    > >
    > > "No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols,
    > > shotguns, or other firearms, said P. Edwin Compass, the
    > > superintendent of police. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have
    > > weapons," he said."
    > >
    > > However:
    > >
    > > "But that order apparently does not apply to the hundreds of security
    > > guards whom businesses and some wealthy individuals have hired to
    > > protect their property. The guards, who are civilians working for
    > > private security firms like Blackwater, are openly carrying M-16's and
    > > other assault rifles. Mr. Compass said he was aware of the private
    > > guards, but that the police had no plans to make them give up their
    > > weapons."
    > >
    > > As always the wealthy are protected, the poor are left to fend for
    > > themselves, and that's exactly what the 2D Amend attempts to prevent
    > > and always why registration = confiscation. Always.

    > Somehow I think you have decided the govt. action is a bad idea for a
    > different reason to mine.

    I am sure that is true being I understand the issues here and you don't.
    However, I fail to see then how your comments = "I might even be in
    agreement with Brink here"

    > I'm worried that there will be a bunch of guys (like JH probably would if he
    > were in NO) who will stand up to the authorities coming to confiscate their
    > weapons and quote the law

    Ah, so the "authorities" should ignore the laws and those who stand up
    for the law are the bad guys. Got it, thanx.

    >and refuse to give up their guns. Which would
    > create a shedload of trouble with said authorities being as jumpy as they
    > are.
    >
    > Whereas you're seeing a vision of a big nasty policeman coming to remove
    > your penis extension.

    Got it. Wealthy people are always more important then poor people in
    your view. Thanx.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  9. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    The Bill Rodgers wrote:
    > On 9 Sep 2005 04:39:46 -0700, "David Cohen" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> This is EXACTLY the reason we of the firearms fraternity oppose ALL
    >> firearms registration programs. "They" always say, "don't worry,
    >> we'll just keep these records in case your gun gets used in a crime
    >> or something" and then, The Government, for whatever reason they
    >> choose, comes knocking on your door, demanding your guns.
    >>
    >> I hate/love when they prove us right.

    > Hey arsewipe,
    > Why would you have a problem with them confiscating guns there? The
    > morons like you, are shooting at cops, rescue workers, and national
    > guard. Don't you think that's good enough reason to confiscate
    > weapons? Registration is a smart thing, so I understand completely why
    > you don't understand the concept. BTW dumbazz, those "registrartion
    > records" that scare you so bad, they were likely destroyed in the
    > flood too.
    > TBR

    What a moron. Have you never heard of a "database"? Or a "backup"? Man
    you're stupid.
    --
    -Larry

    "The troll hasn't been born who can troll us worse than we troll
    ourselves." Hugh Beyer

  10. On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:15:25 -0400, WillBrink
    <WillBrink*NOSPAM*@Comcast.net> wrote:

    >As always the wealthy are protected, the poor are left to fend for
    >themselves, and that's exactly what the 2D Amend attempts to prevent and
    >always why registration = confiscation. Always.

    Another NRA moron. If you aren't smart enough to understand what's
    going on there, then you are too irresponsible to caryy or own a gun.
    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  11. On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:49:20 +0100, "Peter Allen"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm worried that there will be a bunch of guys (like JH probably would if he
    >were in NO) who will stand up to the authorities coming to confiscate their
    >weapons and quote the law and refuse to give up their guns. Which would
    >create a shedload of trouble with said authorities being as jumpy as they
    >are.
    >
    >Whereas you're seeing a vision of a big nasty policeman coming to remove
    >your penis extension.

    Trust me, idiots like Brink, and homo hanson would shoot at the cops
    too, but they are still too stupid to understand.
    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  12. Bill Rodgers

    Bill Rodgers Guest

    On 9 Sep 2005 07:04:48 -0700, "David Cohen" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >What the HELL would I do with more than 10 inches?

    Stick it up yer arse?
    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  13. Bill Rodgers

    Bill Rodgers Guest

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 07:47:52 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What a moron. Have you never heard of a "database"? Or a "backup"? Man
    >you're stupid.

    So what? If there's nothing wrong with registration, then there's no
    problem.
    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  14. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Peter Allen" <[email protected]> writes:
    [snip]

    > Whereas you're seeing a vision of a big nasty policeman coming to remove
    > your penis extension.

    That would be a nice troll were it not so hackneyed.

    More likely, Will's issue is that the Government and rich people have
    the right to defend themselves and their property (with M-16s, no
    less!), while "average" and poor people do not. You don't see a
    problem with this, eh Peter?

    --
    Jim Seymour | "It is wrong always, everywhere and
    WARNING: The "From:" address is a | for everyone to believe anything upon

  15. WillBrink

    WillBrink Guest

  16. In article <[email protected]>,
    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Peter Allen wrote:
    > > http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/national/nationalspecial/09storm.html?hp&e
    > > x=1126324800&en=1b27db938424d6bd&ei=5094&partner=homepage
    > >
    > > Someone hasn't thought this one through.
    > >
    > > I might even be in agreement with Brink here.

    > This is EXACTLY the reason we of the firearms fraternity oppose ALL
    > firearms registration programs. "They" always say, "don't worry, we'll
    > just keep these records in case your gun gets used in a crime or
    > something" and then, The Government, for whatever reason they choose,
    > comes knocking on your door, demanding your guns.
    >
    > I hate/love when they prove us right.
    >
    > David

    That's why private sales are best..... ;-)
    --
    Om.

  17. Peter Allen

    Peter Allen Guest

    Dopey Bastard wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Peter Allen" <[email protected]> writes:
    > [snip]
    >>
    >> Whereas you're seeing a vision of a big nasty policeman coming to
    >> remove your penis extension.

    > That would be a nice troll were it not so hackneyed.
    >
    > More likely, Will's issue is that the Government and rich people have
    > the right to defend themselves and their property (with M-16s, no
    > less!), while "average" and poor people do not. You don't see a
    > problem with this, eh Peter?

    Do you want me to quote the Hank standard Bu$h rant here? You're asking for
    it.

    I think it's a bad thing, I also think that the US govt. is not likely to do
    something unconstitutional which inconveniences rich guys who will put a
    high-powered lawyer in court. More to the point, the US govt. will not
    generally do anything that inconveniences rich guys if they can help it;
    offering special favours in return for election campaign money only goes so
    far if you've already pissed off the people you want money from.

    You could try electing the Democrats if you want to avoid that happening,
    they will do exactly the same thing but with a sugar-coated spin.

    Peter

  18. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Peter Allen" <[email protected]> writes:
    > Dopey Bastard wrote:

    [snip]

    >> More likely, Will's issue is that the Government and rich people have
    >> the right to defend themselves and their property (with M-16s, no
    >> less!), while "average" and poor people do not. You don't see a
    >> problem with this, eh Peter?

    > Do you want me to quote the Hank standard Bu$h rant here? You're asking for
    > it.

    I think we can safely forgo that exercise :).

    > I think it's a bad thing,

    Glad to hear it.

    > I also think that the US govt. is not likely to do
    > something unconstitutional which inconveniences rich guys who will put a
    > high-powered lawyer in court. More to the point, the US govt. will not
    > generally do anything that inconveniences rich guys if they can help it;
    > offering special favours in return for election campaign money only goes so
    > far if you've already pissed off the people you want money from.
    >
    > You could try electing the Democrats if you want to avoid that happening,
    > they will do exactly the same thing but with a sugar-coated spin.

    I'm basically thoroughly disgusted with both parties, and have no
    faith in either.

    Anyway... What government has just done is the very thing it's
    supposedly prohibited from doing by the 2nd Amendment. This should
    pretty-much dispel any notion law-abiding U.S. citizens may've had
    that their government, state, local or federal, has any respect for
    their rights under the Constitution. What an incredibly stupid
    thing to have done.

    --
    Jim Seymour | "It is wrong always, everywhere and
    WARNING: The "From:" address is a | for everyone to believe anything upon
    spam trap. DON'T USE IT! Use: | insufficient evidence."
    [email protected] | - W. K. Clifford, ca. 1876

  19. Jason Earl

    Jason Earl Guest

    The Bill Rodgers <[email protected]> writes:

    > On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:15:25 -0400, WillBrink
    > <WillBrink*NOSPAM*@Comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >>As always the wealthy are protected, the poor are left to fend for
    >>themselves, and that's exactly what the 2D Amend attempts to prevent and
    >>always why registration = confiscation. Always.

    > Another NRA moron. If you aren't smart enough to understand what's
    > going on there, then you are too irresponsible to caryy or own a
    > gun. TBR

    You're the moron. Things in New Orleans are bad enough that people
    are paying ridiculous amounts of money for rent-a-cops with M-16s to
    protect their property. Rich people aren't doing this because they
    like rent-a-cops. They are doing it because they don't want to lose
    their stuff. Meanwhile, the government is going around disarming law
    abiding citizens. The rich people don't have to give up their guns,
    and so their property will be safe. Everyone else will have to simply
    take their chances.

    Now, if it were possible to disarm everyone, then you might possibly
    have a point. However, the criminal element isn't likely to give up
    their weapons. Criminals are busy hiding their weapons. Heck,
    they're busy holing up themselves waiting for the rest of the people
    to be forcibly evacuated.

    Jason

  20. Bill Rodgers

    Bill Rodgers Guest

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:48:54 -0600, Jason Earl <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Meanwhile, the government is going around disarming law
    >abiding citizens.

    Hey moron, "law abiding citizens" don't shoot at the police,
    paramedics, or rescue workers. How the f**k can you be so fing stupid
    to say such an ignorant thing? If they were law abiding, they wouldn't
    be confiscating their weapons.
    Fing moron.