Something must be done... this is something...

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Peter Allen, Sep 9, 2005.

  1. Bill Rodgers

    Bill Rodgers Guest

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:14:18 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You make Forrest Gump look like Einstein.

    Forrest was a repubican too.
    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  2. Bill Rodgers

    Bill Rodgers Guest

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:26:10 -0500, John Hanson
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >then to start generating revenue. It's what I do. Fortunately, I
    >work for a global company.

    You spread that fatazz all over the world???? No wonder AIDS is
    rampant.
    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    Bill Rodgers <[email protected]> wrote:
    >On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:48:54 -0600, Jason Earl <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Meanwhile, the government is going around disarming law
    >>abiding citizens.

    >Hey moron, "law abiding citizens" don't shoot at the police,
    >paramedics, or rescue workers.

    If they confiscated the guns of people who shot at police, paramedics,
    or rescue workers, that would be fine. They should arrest those
    people, too.

    But they're confiscating the guns of people who haven't shot at
    anybody, or threatened anybody. By what right are they doing that?

    > How the f**k can you be so fing stupid
    >to say such an ignorant thing? If they were law abiding, they wouldn't
    >be confiscating their weapons.

    Which law, precisely, is a random gun owner in New Orleans (say, the
    one posting to http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/)
    violating?

    Seth
    --
    I can't tell you how irritating it is to hear a yankee say "y'all" to a single
    person. I've had to kill several of them because of that. -- Watson Davis

  4. Bill Rogers

    Bill Rogers Guest

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 02:43:45 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Seth
    Breidbart) wrote:

    >If they confiscated the guns of people who shot at police, paramedics,
    >or rescue workers, that would be fine. They should arrest those
    >people, too.
    >
    >But they're confiscating the guns of people who haven't shot at
    >anybody, or threatened anybody. By what right are they doing that?

    So are they supposed to hold field trials to decide whose guilty, and
    who is not? Or does it just make sense to disarm everyone? A little
    common sense wouldn't hurt you.

    >Which law, precisely, is a random gun owner in New Orleans (say, the
    >one posting to http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/)
    >violating?

    All of them. They were ordered to leave, they did not. They are
    trespassing amongst others. Get it now, idiot?
    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  5. Jason Earl

    Jason Earl Guest

    Bill Rodgers <[email protected]> writes:

    > On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:48:54 -0600, Jason Earl <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Meanwhile, the government is going around disarming law
    >>abiding citizens.

    > Hey moron, "law abiding citizens" don't shoot at the police,
    > paramedics, or rescue workers. How the f**k can you be so fing stupid
    > to say such an ignorant thing? If they were law abiding, they wouldn't
    > be confiscating their weapons.
    > Fing moron.
    > TBR

    Yes, and if you believe that the people that were shooting at the
    police are handing over their weapons (instead of hiding them), then
    you are quite possibly the densest person ever. One minute these
    people are taking potshots at rescue workers and the next minute they
    are handing those exact same weapons over to the authorities simply
    because some policeman asked for them nicely. I'm quite sure these
    hooligans would *never* think to say that their registered firearm got
    "misplaced" during the calamity. Not to mention the fact that the
    real criminals have weapons that aren't registered.

    Don't get me wrong. Most criminals turn to crime because they are too
    stupid to do anything else, but even the densest of these criminals
    knows enough to deny owning an illegal firearm.

    Believe me, I get your point. It's just a remarkably naive point, to
    the point of being ridiculous. You can't get rid of firearms any more
    than the prohibition era feds could get rid of moonshine. The only
    thing that you can hope to do is disarm law abiding citizens. The
    smart money in New Orleans is currently hiring rent-a-cops with
    automatic weapons, and you would take away what little protection the
    common man has. Heck, New Orleans is a perfect example of what
    happens when you entrust the defense of your home and family to
    someone besides yourself. The hurricane and flood were bad enough,
    but you can bet that lots of people lost their lives in the
    lawlessness that followed.

    Now that the army is involved things will probably settle down. On
    the other hand there are a lot of angry desperate people in New
    Orleans right now, and a lot could happen before it's over. Disarming
    the law abiding citizens just makes it that much easier for the
    hooligans to slip the leash again.

    Jason

  6. Charles

    Charles Guest

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 22:31:55 -0600, Jason Earl <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Bill Rodgers <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:48:54 -0600, Jason Earl <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Meanwhile, the government is going around disarming law
    >>>abiding citizens.

    >> Hey moron, "law abiding citizens" don't shoot at the police,
    >> paramedics, or rescue workers. How the f**k can you be so fing stupid
    >> to say such an ignorant thing? If they were law abiding, they wouldn't
    >> be confiscating their weapons.
    >> Fing moron.
    >> TBR

    >Yes, and if you believe that the people that were shooting at the
    >police are handing over their weapons (instead of hiding them), then
    >you are quite possibly the densest person ever. One minute these
    >people are taking potshots at rescue workers and the next minute they
    >are handing those exact same weapons over to the authorities simply
    >because some policeman asked for them nicely. I'm quite sure these
    >hooligans would *never* think to say that their registered firearm got
    >"misplaced" during the calamity. Not to mention the fact that the
    >real criminals have weapons that aren't registered.
    >
    >Don't get me wrong. Most criminals turn to crime because they are too
    >stupid to do anything else, but even the densest of these criminals
    >knows enough to deny owning an illegal firearm.
    >
    >Believe me, I get your point. It's just a remarkably naive point, to
    >the point of being ridiculous. You can't get rid of firearms any more
    >than the prohibition era feds could get rid of moonshine. The only
    >thing that you can hope to do is disarm law abiding citizens. The
    >smart money in New Orleans is currently hiring rent-a-cops with
    >automatic weapons, and you would take away what little protection the
    >common man has. Heck, New Orleans is a perfect example of what
    >happens when you entrust the defense of your home and family to
    >someone besides yourself. The hurricane and flood were bad enough,
    >but you can bet that lots of people lost their lives in the
    >lawlessness that followed.
    >
    >Now that the army is involved things will probably settle down. On
    >the other hand there are a lot of angry desperate people in New
    >Orleans right now, and a lot could happen before it's over. Disarming
    >the law abiding citizens just makes it that much easier for the
    >hooligans to slip the leash again.

    Whatever the rights or wrongs of this very rare and difficult
    situation, it drives a coach and horses through Will Brink's redneck
    theory, that possession of firearms is an inalienable right of all
    American citizens, and a constant reminder to the government of the
    day of the threat of an armed citizenry.

    What say you now Slippery?

  7. David

    David Guest

    "Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:iv[email protected]
    > On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 22:31:55 -0600, Jason Earl <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Bill Rodgers <[email protected]> writes:

    > >> Hey moron, "law abiding citizens" don't shoot at the police,
    > >> paramedics, or rescue workers. How the f**k can you be so fing stupid
    > >> to say such an ignorant thing? If they were law abiding, they wouldn't
    > >> be confiscating their weapons.
    > >> Fing moron.
    > >> TBR

    > >Yes, and if you believe that the people that were shooting at the
    > >police are handing over their weapons (instead of hiding them), then
    > >you are quite possibly the densest person ever. One minute these
    > >people are taking potshots at rescue workers and the next minute they
    > >are handing those exact same weapons over to the authorities simply
    > >because some policeman asked for them nicely. I'm quite sure these
    > >hooligans would *never* think to say that their registered firearm got
    > >"misplaced" during the calamity. Not to mention the fact that the
    > >real criminals have weapons that aren't registered.
    > >
    > >Don't get me wrong. Most criminals turn to crime because they are too
    > >stupid to do anything else, but even the densest of these criminals
    > >knows enough to deny owning an illegal firearm.
    > >
    > >Believe me, I get your point. It's just a remarkably naive point, to
    > >the point of being ridiculous. You can't get rid of firearms any more
    > >than the prohibition era feds could get rid of moonshine. The only
    > >thing that you can hope to do is disarm law abiding citizens. The
    > >smart money in New Orleans is currently hiring rent-a-cops with
    > >automatic weapons, and you would take away what little protection the
    > >common man has. Heck, New Orleans is a perfect example of what
    > >happens when you entrust the defense of your home and family to
    > >someone besides yourself. The hurricane and flood were bad enough,
    > >but you can bet that lots of people lost their lives in the
    > >lawlessness that followed.
    > >
    > >Now that the army is involved things will probably settle down. On
    > >the other hand there are a lot of angry desperate people in New
    > >Orleans right now, and a lot could happen before it's over. Disarming
    > >the law abiding citizens just makes it that much easier for the
    > >hooligans to slip the leash again.

    > Whatever the rights or wrongs of this very rare and difficult
    > situation, it drives a coach and horses through Will Brink's redneck
    > theory, that possession of firearms is an inalienable right of all
    > American citizens, and a constant reminder to the government of the
    > day of the threat of an armed citizenry.
    >
    > What say you now Slippery?

    Nothing Teflon Will can say - he is in a corner again but don't worry -
    he'll squirm out of it.

  8. lars

    lars Guest

    Bill Rogers wrote:

    >On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 02:43:45 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Seth
    >Breidbart) wrote:
    >

    >>If they confiscated the guns of people who shot at police, paramedics,
    >>or rescue workers, that would be fine. They should arrest those
    >>people, too.
    >>
    >>But they're confiscating the guns of people who haven't shot at
    >>anybody, or threatened anybody. By what right are they doing that?
    >>

    >So are they supposed to hold field trials to decide whose guilty, and
    >who is not? Or does it just make sense to disarm everyone? A little
    >common sense wouldn't hurt you.
    >

    >>Which law, precisely, is a random gun owner in New Orleans (say, the
    >>one posting to http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/)
    >>violating?
    >>

    >All of them. They were ordered to leave, they did not. They are
    >trespassing amongst others. Get it now, idiot?
    >TBR
    >
    >"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and
    >more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
    >the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the
    >White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    >H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    >"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    >but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

    officer to the evacuee: you can keep your shotgun on the bus if you
    promise not to shoot

  9. lars

    lars Guest

    Charles wrote:

    >On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 22:31:55 -0600, Jason Earl <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Bill Rodgers <[email protected]> writes:

    >>>Hey moron, "law abiding citizens" don't shoot at the police,
    >>>paramedics, or rescue workers. How the f**k can you be so fing stupid
    >>>to say such an ignorant thing? If they were law abiding, they wouldn't
    >>>be confiscating their weapons.
    >>>Fing moron.
    >>>TBR
    >>>

    >>Yes, and if you believe that the people that were shooting at the
    >>police are handing over their weapons (instead of hiding them), then
    >>you are quite possibly the densest person ever. One minute these
    >>people are taking potshots at rescue workers and the next minute they
    >>are handing those exact same weapons over to the authorities simply
    >>because some policeman asked for them nicely. I'm quite sure these
    >>hooligans would *never* think to say that their registered firearm got
    >>"misplaced" during the calamity. Not to mention the fact that the
    >>real criminals have weapons that aren't registered.
    >>
    >>Don't get me wrong. Most criminals turn to crime because they are too
    >>stupid to do anything else, but even the densest of these criminals
    >>knows enough to deny owning an illegal firearm.
    >>
    >>Believe me, I get your point. It's just a remarkably naive point, to
    >>the point of being ridiculous. You can't get rid of firearms any more
    >>than the prohibition era feds could get rid of moonshine. The only
    >>thing that you can hope to do is disarm law abiding citizens. The
    >>smart money in New Orleans is currently hiring rent-a-cops with
    >>automatic weapons, and you would take away what little protection the
    >>common man has. Heck, New Orleans is a perfect example of what
    >>happens when you entrust the defense of your home and family to
    >>someone besides yourself. The hurricane and flood were bad enough,
    >>but you can bet that lots of people lost their lives in the
    >>lawlessness that followed.
    >>
    >>Now that the army is involved things will probably settle down. On
    >>the other hand there are a lot of angry desperate people in New
    >>Orleans right now, and a lot could happen before it's over. Disarming
    >>the law abiding citizens just makes it that much easier for the
    >>hooligans to slip the leash again.
    >>

    >Whatever the rights or wrongs of this very rare and difficult
    >situation, it drives a coach and horses through Will Brink's redneck
    >theory, that possession of firearms is an inalienable right of all
    >American citizens, and a constant reminder to the government of the
    >day of the threat of an armed citizenry.
    >
    >What say you now Slippery?

    yea give them guns especially heroinists on withdrawhal, and
    the psychotics
    i wonder how the gun lobbyists think

  10. Hobbes

    Hobbes Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "David Cohen" <sam[email protected]> wrote:

    > Peter Allen wrote:
    > > http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/national/nationalspecial/09storm.html?hp&e
    > > x=1126324800&en=1b27db938424d6bd&ei=5094&partner=homepage
    > >
    > > Someone hasn't thought this one through.
    > >
    > > I might even be in agreement with Brink here.

    > This is EXACTLY the reason we of the firearms fraternity oppose ALL
    > firearms registration programs. "They" always say, "don't worry, we'll
    > just keep these records in case your gun gets used in a crime or
    > something" and then, The Government, for whatever reason they choose,
    > comes knocking on your door, demanding your guns.
    >
    > I hate/love when they prove us right.

    Question. And I'm Canuck, so don't shit on me cuz I don't know.

    I know there is martial law declared, but does that mean the
    constitution is completely out?

    I mean - there is no way I'm going to give up my arms when everyone
    around me is shooting. Throw me in jail. Sheesh.

    --
    Keith

  11. Charles

    Charles Guest

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:35:02 -0600, Hobbes <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Allen wrote:
    >> > http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/national/nationalspecial/09storm.html?hp&e
    >> > x=1126324800&en=1b27db938424d6bd&ei=5094&partner=homepage
    >> >
    >> > Someone hasn't thought this one through.
    >> >
    >> > I might even be in agreement with Brink here.

    >> This is EXACTLY the reason we of the firearms fraternity oppose ALL
    >> firearms registration programs. "They" always say, "don't worry, we'll
    >> just keep these records in case your gun gets used in a crime or
    >> something" and then, The Government, for whatever reason they choose,
    >> comes knocking on your door, demanding your guns.
    >>
    >> I hate/love when they prove us right.

    >Question. And I'm Canuck, so don't shit on me cuz I don't know.
    >
    >I know there is martial law declared, but does that mean the
    >constitution is completely out?
    >
    >I mean - there is no way I'm going to give up my arms when everyone
    >around me is shooting. Throw me in jail. Sheesh.

    And they will, and they will take away your "arms" when they do, and
    then you'll be in jail, with no-one to care for your loved ones, so
    there would be no gain in opposing the overwhelming power of the
    elected government and the military.

    There has to be a better way and those with the best brains and the
    greater will to survive and do well, will emerge the victors. Take
    mental pictures and remember names for when it is all over, when it
    will be time to redress the balance.

  12. Peter Allen

    Peter Allen Guest

    John Hanson wrote:
    > BTW, you're on my list of terrorists just like tinypenis bob.

    I have the ability to cause widespread terror just by typing stuff on MFW?
    Fear my awesome rhetoric...

    ATTENTION HOMELAND SECURITY!

    John's List of Terrorist Bad Guys who you should arrest:

    Osama bin Laden
    Peter Allen
    'tinypenis bob'
    John Kerry
    Hurricane Katrina
    Randy Newman
    Josiah Bartlet

  13. Peter Allen

    Peter Allen Guest

    Hobbes wrote:
    > I know there is martial law declared, but does that mean the
    > constitution is completely out?

    Per http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_mlaw.html:

    "The suspension of habeas corpus allows an agency to hold a person without a
    charge. Suspension of habeas corpus is often equated with martial law."

    Doesn't say anything about anything else, bit vague, but looks like the
    answer to your question is no. It does allow 'give me your gun or I'll throw
    you in jail'.

    Peter

  14. Bill Ropers

    Bill Ropers Guest

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 09:48:09 GMT, lars <[email protected]> wrote:

    >i wonder how the gun lobbyists think

    They don't, they are mindless morons crying "the constitution, the
    constitution", and ignore the fact it's outdated by a hundred years.
    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  15. Hobbes

    Hobbes Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Charles <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:35:02 -0600, Hobbes <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <[email protected]>,

    > >> This is EXACTLY the reason we of the firearms fraternity oppose ALL
    > >> firearms registration programs. "They" always say, "don't worry, we'll
    > >> just keep these records in case your gun gets used in a crime or
    > >> something" and then, The Government, for whatever reason they choose,
    > >> comes knocking on your door, demanding your guns.
    > >>
    > >> I hate/love when they prove us right.

    > >Question. And I'm Canuck, so don't shit on me cuz I don't know.
    > >
    > >I know there is martial law declared, but does that mean the
    > >constitution is completely out?
    > >
    > >I mean - there is no way I'm going to give up my arms when everyone
    > >around me is shooting. Throw me in jail. Sheesh.

    > And they will, and they will take away your "arms" when they do, and
    > then you'll be in jail, with no-one to care for your loved ones, so
    > there would be no gain in opposing the overwhelming power of the
    > elected government and the military.
    >
    > There has to be a better way and those with the best brains and the
    > greater will to survive and do well, will emerge the victors. Take
    > mental pictures and remember names for when it is all over, when it
    > will be time to redress the balance.

    My guns would be hidden well - no policeman is going to find them. And
    my loved ones will. And they would be trained to use them.

    If faced with anarchy it would be silly to be law-abiding. Of course the
    obvious solution would be to get out of NO. Which I would have done long
    ago. With my guns.

    :^)

    --
    Keith

  16. Bill Ropers

    Bill Ropers Guest

    wrote:

    >Question. And I'm Canuck, so don't shit on me cuz I don't know.

    Ok, we'll just shit on you 'cause your canadian then.

    >I know there is martial law declared, but does that mean the
    >constitution is completely out?

    Aw shucks! You just went and spoiled their idiotic arguements, with
    facts. That's going to confuse them.

    >I mean - there is no way I'm going to give up my arms when everyone
    >around me is shooting. Throw me in jail. Sheesh.

    Of course if they confiscate all arms, the problem is solved.
    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  17. Bill Ropers

    Bill Ropers Guest

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:27:25 +0100, "Peter Allen"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Doesn't say anything about anything else, bit vague, but looks like the
    >answer to your question is no.

    You frickin' idiot, READ THE PAPERS, maritial law was granted a week
    ago.
    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  18. Jason Earl

    Jason Earl Guest

    Charles <[email protected]> writes:

    > On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 22:31:55 -0600, Jason Earl <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >>Yes, and if you believe that the people that were shooting at the
    >>police are handing over their weapons (instead of hiding them), then
    >>you are quite possibly the densest person ever. One minute these
    >>people are taking potshots at rescue workers and the next minute they
    >>are handing those exact same weapons over to the authorities simply
    >>because some policeman asked for them nicely. I'm quite sure these
    >>hooligans would *never* think to say that their registered firearm got
    >>"misplaced" during the calamity. Not to mention the fact that the
    >>real criminals have weapons that aren't registered.
    >>
    >>Don't get me wrong. Most criminals turn to crime because they are too
    >>stupid to do anything else, but even the densest of these criminals
    >>knows enough to deny owning an illegal firearm.
    >>
    >>Believe me, I get your point. It's just a remarkably naive point, to
    >>the point of being ridiculous. You can't get rid of firearms any more
    >>than the prohibition era feds could get rid of moonshine. The only
    >>thing that you can hope to do is disarm law abiding citizens. The
    >>smart money in New Orleans is currently hiring rent-a-cops with
    >>automatic weapons, and you would take away what little protection the
    >>common man has. Heck, New Orleans is a perfect example of what
    >>happens when you entrust the defense of your home and family to
    >>someone besides yourself. The hurricane and flood were bad enough,
    >>but you can bet that lots of people lost their lives in the
    >>lawlessness that followed.
    >>
    >>Now that the army is involved things will probably settle down. On
    >>the other hand there are a lot of angry desperate people in New
    >>Orleans right now, and a lot could happen before it's over. Disarming
    >>the law abiding citizens just makes it that much easier for the
    >>hooligans to slip the leash again.

    > Whatever the rights or wrongs of this very rare and difficult
    > situation, it drives a coach and horses through Will Brink's redneck
    > theory, that possession of firearms is an inalienable right of all
    > American citizens, and a constant reminder to the government of the
    > day of the threat of an armed citizenry.

    It does no such thing. The kinds of people that would use guns in a
    criminal act will be able to get guns no matter what laws we pass.
    You can't legislate away firearms, we've been making them for hundreds
    of years. The only useful defense against a criminal with a gun is to
    have a gun yourself.

    And yes, an armed citizenry is a threat to the government. That's how
    this country got started.

    > What say you now Slippery?

    The same thing that he's been saying over and over again. Come up
    with a plan to make millions of firearms magically disappear, and then
    use some more of your mystical powers to make it impossible to
    for any small machine shop to manufacture firearms and then perhaps
    disarmament might be a good idea. As long as criminals can get access
    to firearms law-abiding citizens should have the option as well.

    Jason

  19. Jason Earl

    Jason Earl Guest

    Bill Ropers <[email protected]> writes:

    > On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:35:02 -0600, Hobbes <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Question. And I'm Canuck, so don't shit on me cuz I don't know.
    >>

    > Ok, we'll just shit on you 'cause your canadian then.
    >
    >>I know there is martial law declared, but does that mean the
    >>constitution is completely out?
    >>

    > Aw shucks! You just went and spoiled their idiotic arguements, with
    > facts. That's going to confuse them.
    >
    >>I mean - there is no way I'm going to give up my arms when everyone
    >>around me is shooting. Throw me in jail. Sheesh.

    > Of course if they confiscate all arms, the problem is solved.

    It would probably be easier to simply fly around the earth so fast
    that time goes backward. Then you could use your superpowers to push
    Katrina out to sea so that it doesn't make landfall at all.

    "Confiscate all arms" is science fiction, pure and simple. There is
    no way that you are going to be able to confiscate all of the weapons
    in New Orleans. You can rest assured that any criminal that would
    shoot at rescue workers isn't going to hand over his weapon because
    the police asked nicely.

    Jason

  20. Bill Ropers

    Bill Ropers Guest

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 09:42:50 -0600, Jason Earl <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >It does no such thing. The kinds of people that would use guns in a
    >criminal act will be able to get guns no matter what laws we pass.

    Correct, they break into YOUR HOME to steal them. That's why nobody
    should own guns.