Something smells rotten in Paris

Yves LaDouche

Guest
It's obvious that the UCI and WADA and French Ministry of Sport drug testing
procedures are a mess. Why does the UCI continue to use a test that is
always overturned on appeal? (And will be overturned on appeal again this
time.) And why does the UCI continue to use a drug lab (LNDD) that has not
cooperated with the UCI's own audit?

From http://www.uci.ch/imgArchive/Homepage/Rapport HR zonder.pdf:
"The refusal by the LNDD, the French Ministry and WADA to provide documents
and information that are necessary for the proper conduct of a complete
investigation is extremely troubling and is inconsistent with the principles
of the Olympic Movement. The fact that WADA President **** Pound and the
LNDD's Professor De Ceaurriz were willing to discuss the research project
and its results in
great detail with the media, while they at the same time were unwilling to
cooperate with a proper investigation by the organization with jurisdiction
over this matter, raises substantial questions regarding their reasons for
doing so and makes one wonder as to what complete cooperation would
disclose."

There appears to be a political circus going on with the French Ministry and
WADA, and the whole sport of cycling is corrupted by it.

Yves LaDouche wrote:
> It's obvious that the UCI and WADA and French Ministry of Sport drug testing
> procedures are a mess. Why does the UCI continue to use a test that is
> always overturned on appeal? (And will be overturned on appeal again this
> time.) And why does the UCI continue to use a drug lab (LNDD) that has not
> cooperated with the UCI's own audit?
>
> From http://www.uci.ch/imgArchive/Homepage/Rapport HR zonder.pdf:
> "The refusal by the LNDD, the French Ministry and WADA to provide documents
> and information that are necessary for the proper conduct of a complete
> investigation is extremely troubling and is inconsistent with the principles
> of the Olympic Movement. The fact that WADA President **** Pound and the
> LNDD's Professor De Ceaurriz were willing to discuss the research project
> and its results in
> great detail with the media, while they at the same time were unwilling to
> cooperate with a proper investigation by the organization with jurisdiction
> over this matter, raises substantial questions regarding their reasons for
> doing so and makes one wonder as to what complete cooperation would
> disclose."
>
> There appears to be a political circus going on with the French Ministry and
> WADA, and the whole sport of cycling is corrupted by it.

Your point is very well taken.

I find it amazing that a result (high T/E ratio) is invariable
rejected in the appellate review process. Statements in press,
attritbuted to lawyers specializing in sports law, report that no one
has ever failed to have a testosterone finding over turned on appeal
are accepted without objection. What kind of farce is this? A
rider is accused of doping only to be vindicated. A no win situation
if there ever was one.