Something weird on ebay

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Kingsley, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. Kingsley

    Kingsley Guest

    > limited edition, light weight Cinelli Ram bars, genuine
    > Saeco. Carbon fibre Brand new never been used, regretable
    > sale due to size of bar. (100-40 size) FORK CLAMP DIAMETER
    > 28,6 mm (1"1/8) with reduction to 25,4 (1") You will not
    > buy these bars over the counter
    >
    > Starting bid AU $800.00

    Can someone please explain why a pair of, admittedly very
    nice, handlebars should start at $800 ?!

    curious, -kt

    --
    Kingsley Turner, (mailto: [email protected])
    http://MadDogsBreakfast.com/ABFAQ - news:aus.bicycle

    Tags:

  2. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "kingsley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > > limited edition, light weight Cinelli Ram bars, genuine
    > > Saeco.
    Carbon
    > > fibre Brand new never been used, regretable sale due to
    > > size of bar. (100-40 size) FORK CLAMP DIAMETER 28,6 mm
    > > (1"1/8) with reduction to
    25,4
    > > (1") You will not buy these bars over the counter
    > >
    > > Starting bid AU $800.00
    >
    > Can someone please explain why a pair of, admittedly very
    > nice, handlebars should start at $800 ?!

    They are brand new and aren't just bars, but a total aero,
    bar and stem setup.. off to find price..

    $1300 for _new_ ones... ( http://shops.bizarsoftware.com.au-
    /sbr/catalogue/category2/category75/cat egory78/product932 )
    Tiny: http://tinyurl.com/yrr4n

    hippy

  3. Hitchy

    Hitchy New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2004
    Messages:
    1,876

    G'day,

    'you beaut' carbon bar & stem set up.......plenty flash this thing!,

    cheers,

    Hitchy

  4. On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 04:33:49 GMT, "hippy"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    <snip>

    >They are brand new and aren't just bars, but a total aero,
    >bar and stem setup.. off to find price..
    >
    >$1300 for _new_ ones... ( http://shops.bizarsoftware.com.a-
    >u/sbr/catalogue/category2/category75/cat egory78/product932
    >) Tiny: http://tinyurl.com/yrr4n

    Not aero, but one-piece bars and stem. Nice to ride.
    Comfortable.

    so that when you add cork tape on the top they are very
    soft. A PITA to get the cables threaded. The computer mount
    thing (the sticking out bit in the middle) has a habit of
    dropping off.

    --
    Regards. Richard.

  5. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "Richard Sherratt"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    > >They are brand new and aren't just bars, but a total
    > >aero, bar and stem setup.. off to find price..
    > >
    > >$1300 for _new_ ones... (
    >
    >http://shops.bizarsoftware.com.au/sbr/catalogue/category2/-
    >category75/ca
    > >egory78/product932 ) Tiny: http://tinyurl.com/yrr4n
    >
    > Not aero, but one-piece bars and stem. Nice to ride.
    > Comfortable.

    > so that when you add cork tape on the top they are very
    > soft. A PITA to get the cables threaded. The computer
    > mount thing (the sticking out bit in the middle) has a
    > habit of dropping off.

    Sorry, by "aero", I didn't mean tri-bars/aero-bars, I meant
    "fancy-schmancy-skinny-reduce-drag-kinda-design-bars".
    "aero, bar" as opposed to "aero bar" ;-)

    Suggestion: Don't crash with these bars.. the repair bill
    would make you cry! (Well, it'd make ME cry ;))

    hippy