Something wrong with this picture?

EoinC

Feb 9, 2004
The other day I took off from a track-stand at the traffic lights to get the hole-shot on the cars and motorbikes. Just as I was getting some speed up on the right-hand turn, I got a big jump on the chain. The chain stayed on (I ride a fixed-wheel track bike) and I figured I may have pulled the wheel. Looking down, the wheel was still sitting straight, so I carried on riding and forgot about it.
When I got home, I was going to check the chain for stretch in case it was riding up on the chain-ring teeth. Looking at the attached photo, do you think it's still OK to be doing sprints with this chain?!? Ha, Ha...

EoinC

Originally posted by EoinC
The other day I took off from a track-stand at the traffic lights to get the hole-shot on the cars and motorbikes. Just as I was getting some speed up on the right-hand turn, I got a big jump on the chain. The chain stayed on (I ride a fixed-wheel track bike) and I figured I may have pulled the wheel. Looking down, the wheel was still sitting straight, so I carried on riding and forgot about it.
When I got home, I was going to check the chain for stretch in case it was riding up on the chain-ring teeth. Looking at the attached photo, do you think it's still OK to be doing sprints with this chain?!? Ha, Ha...

EoinC

Think of the weight you could shave off your track bike by doing this to EVERY link!!:)

Originally posted by serenaslu
Think of the weight you could shave off your track bike by doing this to EVERY link!!:)
Kind of nice to be able to slide the chain on from the side, too. I think it's a definite improvrement.

EoinC

By the way, this single-sided chain effort was created using pissy little 165 Cranks. Any other fat old farts using these little kiddie-kranks?
The good thing is that, riding on the road with a fixed wheel, I'm usually already in trouble before they touch down.
The bad thing is that they are pissy little kiddie-kranks and, at times, it feels like you're riding a circus bike.

PS. Call me overly cautious if you will....I put a new chain on yesterday.

Eoin (neanderthal stomper) C