Something's going right in the pro peleton...

I could dig out some 1st and 2nd cat photos off the front and heading to the line - but that was before people were snap happy and taking pictures every event. Where's my zimmer frame?

Besides, you've got the eternal pic of me time trialing at ~28mph, giving it some push in 54x12 on my round steel 531 "plain gauge" bike, every time I post. I do believe I got prize money for that one too. ;) In return I donated a pavement pizza...

The only race I'm entering this year is in Sept. It's a doozy... on the west coast too. Don't worry, it aint one of those silly 200 mile, 8 pass jobbies. Nice scenery... Wanna ride?

just as I thought - more mouth than legs...keep on sittin' on the couch eatin' pizza and watchin' the grass grow - does much for ya'...I'm outta here:D...

I mowed the grass yesterday, skipped the pizza and I'm still suffering from yesterdays training...

I also skipped your routine of popping pain killers. ;)

TruthBeTold said:
And here is the real winner of that race:

Oak Bay Crit B race, Sep. 20, 2008 - Duane Martindale's Photos

The funny thing if you have so many awesome results you shouldn't have to post false depictions of wins or even podium placings :confused:

The sad fact about this race, it isn't even a sactioned race with a strong pool of cat 3 racers. It was a B race of mixed 3/4 cat racers.

LOL! What we have here is an anonomous hater. :D

I was the first Cat. 4 to finish the race and received the full upgrade points (8) for being the first Cat. 4 finisher - any more 'truths to be told'??? On the podium? Absolutely. Non-sanctioned? Go check CyclingBC's upgrade sheet for Cat. 4 in 2008.

Anonomous haters like you are what fuels my fire. Thanks.;)

edit - I welcome any further issues regarding my credibility you want to challenge. Additionally, there's a reason why I've chosen to use my true name on this forum, and there's a very good reason why you keep your identity concealed - doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, of course. In the future, might I suggest use of the PM feature as it's the proper forum for your attempt to personally and anonomously **** on me - too bad the wind changed on you so quickly...

tonyzackery said:
Someone please stick something in Swampy's mouth 'cuz my zipper's stuck...His public display of peni$ envy, oops, I mean power envy is most embarassing to witness...anyway, I'm done with him...Somebody please engage him - his ego needs it desperately...

Go Yohann Gene!!!!!

My long lost cousin Yohann finished in 75th at Scheldeprijs.
I'm lookin' for him to be green jersey contender once the other top 50 or so sprinters ahead him get popped for doping:D. Afterall, he's on one of those squeaky clean French teams:D...

You go boy! I, too, know what it's like to be the "pudding in a cloud"...:DLOL!...

TruthBeTold said:
And here is the real winner of that race:

Oak Bay Crit B race, Sep. 20, 2008 - Duane Martindale's Photos

The funny thing if you have so many awesome results you shouldn't have to post false depictions of wins or even podium placings :confused:

The sad fact about this race, it isn't even a sactioned race with a strong pool of cat 3 racers. It was a B race of mixed 3/4 cat racers.

After seeing that sequence of photos Tony, I'll never again accuse you of having a sprint.

Now about all those DNF's I get after googling your name 'n club... you realise you gotta be in it to win it, right?

Don't worry Tony, I'll post up my results from my forthcoming foray into racing again. At least you've set the bar quite low...

But on an actual semi serious and non-b1tchy note - your bike does look a little small for you. You seem a little bunched up and squished. Just a comment.

If/when you become 'unfat' and stop waxing nostalgic about what you think you were some 20 years ago and post your current results, then you might garner a shred of credibility. Until then, you shall remain just an anonomous pissant with power envy who enjoys picking at people smaller than you (just about everybody and anybody)...

Simply 'a nobody who never was'...pathetic...

A DNF will always trump your DNSs.:D

Lastly, your fatbody will NEVER race again - don't delude yourself bigboy...

edit - one more thing Bibendum (another name for you to go and Google), you started this dialogue. Unfortunately, you brought a knife to a gun fight...

tonyzackery said:
If/when you become 'unfat' and stop waxing nostalgic about what you think you were some 20 years ago and post your current results, then you might garner a shred of credibility. Until then, you shall remain just an anonomous pissant with power envy who enjoys picking at people smaller than you (just about everybody and anybody)...

Simply 'a nobody who never was'...pathetic...

A DNF will always trump your DNSs.:D

Lastly, your fatbody will NEVER race again - don't delude yourself bigboy...

edit - one more thing Bibendum (another name for you to go and Google), you started this dialogue. Unfortunately, you brought a knife to a gun fight...

DNF = quitter. Unless you bite it in a crash and cant get back on the bike. Podium does not equal 4th place.

I had my goals last year and they were done. 198 miles over 8 passes (21,000ft of climbing) - done. Done, on a freezing cold day that included hail and snow. Quitting was not an option.

I have my goals this year and one of those is to race, not ride, the Everest Challenge. Two days, 208 miles and 29,000ft of climbing including two passes that start at ~4,000ft and go over 10,000ft.

I might be bringing a knife to a gun fight... but it would see as though you're not the one holding the gun.

DNS - Not Even Capable of Starting. LOL!

As I've already plainly stated - YOU WILL NEVER RACE. But if it continues to make you feel better, keep on racing yourself up mountain passes - got some serious competition there, bigboy. That thin air is advantageous for your bulbous body so I can see why you enjoy those rides...:D

Here, let me throw you another bone...
Burnaby Velodrome 6-day 2008-01-02 B-Group Kierin Final#

Lastly, give it a rest, fatman - you're dead, and too dumb to know it. You're no competition. Initially, it was kinda fun poking fun at you, but now it's getting boring...

D'ya get in the guiness book of world records for the shortest and slowest kierin race? A 12.8 for 200m is only 34mph.

Congrats on the win though.

Bibendum, do you really know how lame it is to criticize another from the comfort of your own couch with a slice (more likely, slices) of pizza hangin' from your mouth?? Allow me to answer - apparently not.

I may get as slow as you, but you will NEVER be as fast as me.;)

You will NEVER race - but you're comfortable in attempting to detract from an actual racer's accomplishments?! LOL!:D Just what the world needs more of -fat armchair critics:rolleyes:...LOL!

yawnnnn

tonyzackery said:
Bibendum, do you really know how lame it is to criticize another from the comfort of your own couch with a slice (more likely, slices) of pizza hangin' from your mouth?? Allow me to answer - apparently not.

I may get as slow as you, but you will NEVER be as fast as me.;)

You will NEVER race - but you're comfortable in attempting to detract from an actual racer's accomplishments?! LOL!:D Just what the world needs more of -fat armchair critics:rolleyes:...LOL!

yawnnnn

Ummm ladies - can you take this to PM? It was fun watching hangbags and umbrellas at 40 paces for a while but now it's just getting pathetic.

Eldron said:
Ummm ladies - can you take this to PM? It was fun watching hangbags and umbrellas at 40 paces for a while but now it's just getting pathetic.

Nah, it started pathetic and went downhill from there. :p

Eldron said:

LOL! You're absolutely right. But the question must be posed - why are you even bothering to look - voyeurism got the best of ya'???:D...

Better yet, your comment should've been taken to PM as well...ya' think???

tonyzackery said:
A little background as to why this is significant:

French teams have been perennial packfill in recent years because the strong French anti-doping laws have served as a significant deterrent to systematic doping programs amongst the French pro teams. The sentiment in the peloton, in my understanding, was that if you were riding on a French team, then you were clean (or "cleaner" than other non-French team riders).

With these French riders emerging already this year, and in the larger races, it signals to me that the playing field is leveling. Could be my wild imagination - I hope not...

French Investigation Reveals Doping "protocols" | Cyclingnews.com

Confirmation of France's anti-doping laws being stronger than the UCI's...check the reference to Actovegin in the article...

Further, this French investigation has definitely "let the cat out of the bag". Quite apparent that the dopers will always be one step ahead of the testers...