Something's going right in the pro peleton...

classic1 said:
Nah, it started pathetic and went downhill from there. :p

It's not going downhill all that fast... Tony aint that good at bike handling it would seem. :p

swampy1970 said:
It's not going downhill all that fast... Tony aint that good at bike handling it would seem. :p

Give it up, Bibendum. Fat couch potatoes ain't good at anything but running and stuffing their mouths...:DI told you a long time ago on another thread - go ride your bike, perhaps you'll be too exhausted to run your mouth so much...and I'm trying to help you out...really...

tonyzackery said:
Give it up, Bibendum. Fat couch potatoes ain't good at anything but running and stuffing their mouths...:DI told you a long time ago on another thread - go ride your bike, perhaps you'll be too exhausted to run your mouth so much...and I'm trying to help you out...really...

At least I can reach the drops on my road bike and just remind me again, who weighs less?

swampy1970 said:
At least I can reach the drops on my road bike and just remind me again, who weighs less?

You are plain and outright lying...post a pic of that - if you can:D...I'll bet you a dozen donuts (LOL!) that you can't...either way you don't lose - LOL!

tonyzackery said:
You are plain and outright lying...post a pic of that - if you can:D...I'll bet you a dozen donuts (LOL!) that you can't...either way you don't lose - LOL!

Oh... so I'm lying now, Mr "podium finisher?"

... or didn't they teach you in math 101 for college football players that 4 is not 3?

Is that really the best you can do?!

Come on, Bib. Post up a pic of you in the drops...I dare ya'...:D

Fedrigo's win today made me think of this cheeky thread, irrespective of the troll's contribution...

Nice punch by PF today and a great showing by French riders in the Tour thus far...

Yup, something really is going right in the Pro peleton. Everyone has stopped using performance enhancing drugs and everything is right with the world...

... but from todays news:

Petacchi under investigation in Italy

Petacchi is accused of having used PFC (Perfluorocarbon) and human serum albumin. PFC can be used to increase the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood without raising haematocrit level. Its use in the peloton was first rumoured in 1997 as an alternative to EPO, when the UCI introduced “health checks” preventing riders with haematocrit levels in excess of 50% from competing. PFC is as yet undetectable. Human albumin, on the other hand, can be used to reduce haematocrit level.

Petacchi Under Investigation In Italy | Cyclingnews.com

Nope not buying it. Ulrich and Armstrong were on dope and the dynamics of those races weren't much different than this years.

I think it is you imagination!

^^^ Mi amigo - does the phrase "tongue-in-cheek" or "cheeky" mean anything to you? If not, please do a Google search. It will help you put this thread into proper context...;)

tonyzackery said:
How nice...the still-trying-to-find-a-clue troll has returned...

Between the words "troll" and "let me see you on the drops let me see you on the drops" blah blah blah you hate it when I post because I always laugh at what you say because you're always so far off the mark it's not even funny.

Something's going right in the pro peloton (sorry had to correct your spelling faux-pas)...

... when a yellow jersey contender can suddenly climb mountains twice as fast as the folk who are only a couple of places back in the GC when his chain falls off. There's fast and there's stupid fast. Schleck rode at really farking stupid fast speed. I have no doubt that Schleck will have his special fortified Wheaties for breakfast tommorrow.

... when the green jersey to be is under investigation for drug use.

... the UCI are scanning bikes for mini-me motors.

... and you still have riders not looking at "what's on the label" when taking painkillers - which lead to Cervelo Test pulling a rider from the Tour roster the day before the start. Dumber than dirt and almost as clueless regarding cycling as you.

Sounds peachy.

As for hpearson... The dynamics are the same? At least Ulrich and Armstrong weren't afraid to have a really good dig several times during the Tour and I'm not taking about just the final 300ft to the finish either. There were fewer days where a dozen or so guys were left around them in the finale of a big mountain top finish. Armstrong and US Postal were masters at taking advantage of random situations that would occor en route. This tour has been pretty crappy - one of the worst for years and after last year I didn't think that could happen.

tonyzackery said:
Is that really the best you can do?!

Come on, Bib. Post up a pic of you in the drops...I dare ya'...

I am not sure if he can bend over his belly enough to get in the drops.

swampy1970 said:
Between the words "troll" and "let me see you on the drops let me see you on the drops" blah blah blah you hate it when I post because I always laugh at what you say because you're always so far off the mark it's not even funny.

Something's going right in the pro peloton (sorry had to correct your spelling faux-pas)...

... when a yellow jersey contender can suddenly climb mountains twice as fast as the folk who are only a couple of places back in the GC when his chain falls off. There's fast and there's stupid fast. Schleck rode at really farking stupid fast speed. I have no doubt that Schleck will have his special fortified Wheaties for breakfast tommorrow.

... when the green jersey to be is under investigation for drug use.

... the UCI are scanning bikes for mini-me motors.

... and you still have riders not looking at "what's on the label" when taking painkillers - which lead to Cervelo Test pulling a rider from the Tour roster the day before the start. Dumber than dirt and almost as clueless regarding cycling as you.

Sounds peachy.

As for hpearson... The dynamics are the same? At least Ulrich and Armstrong weren't afraid to have a really good dig several times during the Tour and I'm not taking about just the final 300ft to the finish either. There were fewer days where a dozen or so guys were left around them in the finale of a big mountain top finish. Armstrong and US Postal were masters at taking advantage of random situations that would occor en route. This tour has been pretty crappy - one of the worst for years and after last year I didn't think that could happen.

Cool story, bro.

I suppose the French winning six out of sixteen stages is random chance.

Bro Deal said:
Cool story, bro.

I suppose the French winning six out of sixteen stages is random chance.

Appreciate the assistance but the troll has demonstrated that he/she is beyond help, and simplified illustrations have never been successful in helping his/her understanding. Going on 18+ months of his/her nonsensical, biased, ignorant ramblings and still going like the Energizer Bunny...

It's like this - when you've been a nobody all your life, these are the sort of envious actions you resort to (in anonymity of course) in order to obtain what's obviously missing in your sense of reality...

I just treat him/her like a gnat now - a good smack every now and then is all that's necessary...