Something's wrong with the system when...

tonyzackery

Dec 23, 2006
Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/redlands-bicycle-classic-2012/stage-3-beaver-medical-group-sunset-road-race/results

...you win 3 of the 4 stages and don't win the overall. Definitely greater time bonuses/points afforded to stage winners in these weekend long stage races would be an easy solution. Just because you win a TT (a prologue at that) and then finish in the pack on the other stages shouldn't guarantee victory, IMO.

He lost 52 seconds in a 5KM TT, he would have lost the GC by more if it wasn't for time bonuses. Phil Gaimon deserved his win.

Negative.
3 stage wins (out of 4) trumps 52 seconds (and even more) in my court of public opinion.
Much more difficult to win a stage against 180+ other guys than to have the fastest time against the clock in only 5km.

The rules are made public to the racers before the race starts. No reason to complain after the race.

Some guys want to win the stages. Some guys want to win the race.

LOL! Brilliant! Wouldn't have exected anything more from the ol' man.
Not sure if any of the racers were complaining - please correct me if I'm wrong.
When I line up on the start line of that race, you better believe the rules will be changed to my satisfaction.
As it stands now, I'm entitled.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/redlands-bicycle-classic-2012/stage-3-beaver-medical-group-sunset-road-race/results

...you win 3 of the 4 stages and don't win the overall. Definitely greater time bonuses/points afforded to stage winners in these weekend long stage races would be an easy solution. Just because you win a TT (a prologue at that) and then finish in the pack on the other stages shouldn't guarantee victory, IMO.
By the same token - slacking in the prologue and losing almost a minute in 5km should be grounds for being booted out of the race - per UCI regs and the 5% rule. That the TT featured a fair amount of climbing and some 12% grades means that flat land Bevin failed on two accounts. Can't TT, can't climb... so he should win it because he can ride crits and flat circuit races? Lets make the US domestic race calendar even more suited to people that can sit in and sprint at the end... yeah.

Spoken like the true non-sprinter that he is. LOL!
From whence comes critique, ALWAYS consider the source.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

My ego doesn't need patching... I know I don't go as well as I used to.

That you took the bait and swallowed it whole just shows that your ego is still NFL sized but now in a Cat3 wrapper. Come back with the "I'm a sprinter" thing when you actually start winning sprints in races with more than 5 people.

Originally Posted by jpr95 .

If you don't like the system, don't join it and/or start your own...

Thre is nothing to stop tonyzackery from sending riders who he think should have won a large check. $10-50K seems reasonable. That not only would help the rider out it would draw attention to the unfairness and perhaps get things changed.

I am sure that the governing bodies could be persuaded to allow people on the internet to vote on who was deserving of a win. No need to even race. We will just vote.

Got 'em jumpin' now. Even Mr. Filibuster's on the wagon. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
Always appreciate the opinions of anonomous internet pundits...as you were.

Yeah there's a pattern alright. -You start an inane post and tack on some whacky complaint. -No one agrees with you. -You call everyone anonymous hacks because you're now bent out of shape. -More people disagree. -You start calling people bigots, racist etc etc... If you don't like the replies you might get to oddball threads that you start - don't post on a FORUM. ... Combine this with your mad skillz for failing to be able to post pictures in threads that were worthy of viewing and you're proving to be an absolute winner!!!

Gotta love these anonomous internet armed guards who's 'mall cop' type job is to judge particular posts. Gotta a few of these unanointed 'badges' on this forum. LOL!

Simply ad hominem, ad nausem. His feelings and ego suffered irreparable damage four(!) years ago, and he's been trying to regain his lost sense of self since. Sad.
On top of this, his public display of male penis power envy is really embarrassing. Couldn't bust a grape with his 5sec power, so he resorts to this modus operandi.
Sucks to be him...

The continued personal attacks signifies a destroyed psyche. Good luck, Chuck.

Gotta love these anonomous internet armed guards who's 'mall cop' type job is to judge particular posts. Gotta a few of these unanointed 'badges' on this forum. LOL!

Simply ad hominem, ad nausem. His feelings and ego suffered irreparable damage four(!) years ago, and he's been trying to regain his lost sense of self since. Sad.
On top of this, his public display of male penis power envy is really embarrassing. Couldn't bust a grape with his 5sec power, so he resorts to this modus operandi.
Sucks to be him...

The continued personal attacks signifies a destroyed psyche. Good luck, Chuck.
Tony,

When EVERYONE that has posted in your thread doesn't agree with you - it doesn't mean you have to turn into the internet ***** and cry about it. Take it more as a hint that NO-ONE else shares your point of view... which is what the pattern seems to be.

It's not a attack. Nothing is destroyed. We don't agree with you. End of story.

Nice to see that your lack of debating skills has once again resorted to the racist/bigot/penis thing. Try something else next time.

LOL! Appeal to Popularity Fallacy. Strawman. Can he get any lamer? Well, yes. And he will prove it.
Destroyed psyche under anonymity. How sorry can you get?

Destroyed psyche? LOL Lay off the crack pipe and the glue bag, dude.

Remind me again - was I the one posting pictures of finishes claiming podium positions when they were anything but... in an attempt to make oneself look "good"? It would seem as though you're the on that has issues. Who has psyche issues?

fal·la·cy   /ˈfæləsi/ Show Spelled[fal-uh-see]
noun, plural -cies.
1. a deceptive, misleading, or false notion, belief, etc.: That the world is flat was at one time a popular fallacy.
2. a misleading or unsound argument.
3. deceptive, misleading, or false nature; erroneousness.
4. Logic . any of various types of erroneous reasoning that render arguments logically unsound.
5. Obsolete . deception.

There was no fallacy on my part. Do you see anyone agreeing with you in this thread?

You and AOG should hook up for a few beers.