Sometimes "old fashioned" food is tops...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by cathyxyz, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Sunday lunch:

    Starters - stuffed mushroom caps - stuffing was made with bits of crispy
    bacon, chopped mushroom stems, chopped fresh garlic and spring onion -
    topped off with grated cheddar cheese.

    Followed by - Roast chicken with roast spuds and veggies (carrots, peas
    and corn).

    We enjoyed it... simple but good.
    --
    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

    Tags:

  2. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:48:17 +0200, cathyxyz
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sunday lunch:
    >
    >Starters - stuffed mushroom caps - stuffing was made with bits of crispy
    >bacon, chopped mushroom stems, chopped fresh garlic and spring onion -
    >topped off with grated cheddar cheese.
    >
    >Followed by - Roast chicken with roast spuds and veggies (carrots, peas
    >and corn).
    >
    >We enjoyed it... simple but good.
    >--
    >Cheers
    >Cathy(xyz)

    Pasta with meat sauce. The new twist was that I made the pasta with
    (mostly) whole wheat flour, which grandma and the aunts would never
    do.

    The pasta came out especially good this time; I think because I
    kneaded it well enough (usually I get bored and wander off) and let it
    rest at room temp for an hour.

    I also found that I could use the warming drawer on my oven as a
    pasta-drying drawer for the extra fettucine. But I'll have to
    remember to set a timer.

    Sue(tm)

  3. cathyxyz wrote:
    > Sunday lunch:
    >
    > Starters - stuffed mushroom caps - stuffing was made with bits of crispy
    > bacon, chopped mushroom stems, chopped fresh garlic and spring onion -
    > topped off with grated cheddar cheese.
    >
    > Followed by - Roast chicken with roast spuds and veggies (carrots, peas
    > and corn).
    >
    > We enjoyed it... simple but good.

    We had pot roast for lunch.
    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/2006/01/pot-roast-for-lunch.html

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  4. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

  5. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Curly Sue wrote:

    > Pasta with meat sauce. The new twist was that I made the pasta with
    > (mostly) whole wheat flour, which grandma and the aunts would never
    > do.
    >
    > The pasta came out especially good this time; I think because I
    > kneaded it well enough (usually I get bored and wander off) and let it
    > rest at room temp for an hour.
    >
    > I also found that I could use the warming drawer on my oven as a
    > pasta-drying drawer for the extra fettucine. But I'll have to
    > remember to set a timer.

    Home made pasta - sounds good...
    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  6. LewZephyr

    LewZephyr Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:48:17 +0200, I needed a babel fish to
    understand cathyxyz <[email protected]> :

    >Sunday lunch:
    >
    >Starters - stuffed mushroom caps - stuffing was made with bits of crispy
    >bacon, chopped mushroom stems, chopped fresh garlic and spring onion -
    >topped off with grated cheddar cheese.

    sounds good... how long and at what temp do you cook this?
    --
    "In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions,
    are in almost every case gotten at second-hand,

  7. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    LewZephyr wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:48:17 +0200, I needed a babel fish to
    > understand cathyxyz <[email protected]> :
    >
    > >Sunday lunch:
    > >
    > >Starters - stuffed mushroom caps - stuffing was made with bits of crispy
    > >bacon, chopped mushroom stems, chopped fresh garlic and spring onion -
    > >topped off with grated cheddar cheese.

    > sounds good... how long and at what temp do you cook this?

    Approx 10 mins at 180 deg C.
    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)