SOMETIMES RIDING BIKES IS BAD FOR YOUR YOU

On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
> going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
> do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
> world
> regards
> carloswww.bikingthings.com
> Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

It's not so much the riding that's bad as the falling off...

On Nov 10, 3:41 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
> > going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
> > do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
> > world
> > regards
> > carloswww.bikingthings.com
> > Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

> It's not so much the riding that's bad as the falling off...

right! it is also the damn testosterone try not to let your buddies
win

On Nov 10, 3:41 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
> > going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
> > do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
> > world
> > regards
> > carloswww.bikingthings.com
> > Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

> It's not so much the riding that's bad as the falling off...

right! it is also the damn testosterone try not to let your buddies
win

On Nov 10, 3:41 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
> > going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
> > do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
> > world
> > regards
> > carloswww.bikingthings.com
> > Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

> It's not so much the riding that's bad as the falling off...

right! it is also the damn testosterone try not to let your buddies
win

On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
> going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
> do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
> world
> regards
> carloswww.bikingthings.com
> Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

OUCH!!!! I hope nothings broken

On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
> going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
> do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
> world
> regards
> carloswww.bikingthings.com
> Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

OUCH!!!! I hope nothings broken

On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
> going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
> do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
> world
> regards
> carloswww.bikingthings.com
> Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

OUCH!!!! I hope nothings broken

On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
> going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
> do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
> world

Right. "Stay upright" is good advice. And if you fall, get up.
Keep riding.

- Frank Krygowski

On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
> going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
> do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
> world

Right. "Stay upright" is good advice. And if you fall, get up.
Keep riding.

- Frank Krygowski

On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
> going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
> do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
> world

Right. "Stay upright" is good advice. And if you fall, get up.
Keep riding.

- Frank Krygowski

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Keats wrote:

[large dialog snipped]

>> People all over the world are generally good to people.

> I missed that. Mostly there is violence -

Or to rephrase:

You can live in Mr. Keats world, where, when you are in pain, you seek to
feel better and be happier - through snuggling with your significant other,
through food, through some recreational chemicals, whatever - and you feel
positive about the world and see that people are good to each other.

You can live in Mr. Sherman's world, where, when you are in pain, you hold
it in, and don't trust others. You then feel pessimistic about the world and
see mostly violence.

I'd rather live where Mr. Keats does.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Claire Petersky wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Tom Keats wrote:

> [large dialog snipped]
>
>>> People all over the world are generally good to people.

>> I missed that. Mostly there is violence -

> Or to rephrase:
>
> You can live in Mr. Keats world, where, when you are in pain, you seek to
> feel better and be happier - through snuggling with your significant other,
> through food, through some recreational chemicals, whatever - and you feel
> positive about the world and see that people are good to each other.
>
> You can live in Mr. Sherman's world, where, when you are in pain, you hold
> it in, and don't trust others. You then feel pessimistic about the world and
> see mostly violence.
>
> I'd rather live where Mr. Keats does.

Reality stinks, no?

Tradition is the worst rational for action.

In article <[email protected]>,
Tom Sherman <[email protected]> writes:

>>> Not in our social Darwinist society.

>> I seriously draw issue with that notion.
>>
>> People all over the world are generally good to people.

> I missed that. Mostly there is violence - physical, economic and
> emotional. Hominids have a long way to go to become a moral species.

Well, the process appears to be underway:
http://www.wetheworld.org/wtw2/interdependence/index.php4

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

On Nov 11, 1:37 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Watching how an injured cat behaves is instructive. No yowling
> complaints, they just find a quiet corner to hide in and heal.

And so we find Tom Sherman aspiring to be a *****.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

On Nov 11, 2:29 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Tom Keats wrote:
>
> > People all over the world are generally good to people.

> I missed that. Mostly there is violence - physical, economic and
> emotional. Hominids have a long way to go to become a moral species.

I have undoubtedly witnessed more violence than 99.9% of this NG's
users and I still agree with Tom K. If the world were as dark and
violent a place as you seem to believe it to be the human species
would have been extinct long ago. I always find it amusing in a sad
kind of way that people who haven't been in a fight since grammar
school, have never been the victim of intentional violence or
inflicted violence on others, have never seen anyone die violently,
and live- it would seem- in an area where the worst thing likely to
happen to them is someone being rude to them at the Starbucks decry
our "violent nature".

Regards,
Bob Hunt

On Nov 11, 10:56 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Claire Petersky wrote:
>
> > You can live in Mr. Keats world, where, when you are in pain, you seek to
> > feel better and be happier - through snuggling with your significant other,
> > through food, through some recreational chemicals, whatever - and you feel
> > positive about the world and see that people are good to each other.

> > You can live in Mr. Sherman's world, where, when you are in pain, you hold
> > it in, and don't trust others. You then feel pessimistic about the world and
> > see mostly violence.

> > I'd rather live where Mr. Keats does.

> Reality stinks, no?

Well, perhaps yours does. But for many of us, reality is quite nice
indeed.

To a certain extent, we create our own realities. You can control
much of what happens to you. And more important, you can control your
response to what happens to you.

- Frank Krygowski

Bob Hunt wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2:29 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> Tom Keats wrote:
>>
>>> People all over the world are generally good to people.

>> I missed that. Mostly there is violence - physical, economic and
>> emotional. Hominids have a long way to go to become a moral species.

> I have undoubtedly witnessed more violence than 99.9% of this NG's
> users and I still agree with Tom K. If the world were as dark and
> violent a place as you seem to believe it to be the human species
> would have been extinct long ago. I always find it amusing in a sad
> kind of way that people who haven't been in a fight since grammar
> school, have never been the victim of intentional violence or
> inflicted violence on others, have never seen anyone die violently,
> and live- it would seem- in an area where the worst thing likely to
> happen to them is someone being rude to them at the Starbucks decry
> our "violent nature".

Yeah, a world where a third of the people do not even have clean
drinking water or sanitation due to the greed of others. Where there are
too many religious and tribal wars to count. Where the supposed "leader
of the free world" destroys the infrastructure of a small country,
killing one million and making 4 million more refugees. Where more
parents than one can count torment their children.

Live in your Pollyanna world if it makes you feel better, but do not
confuse it with reality.

Tradition is the worst rational for action.