SON dynamo hub ICE trike version

In news:[email protected],
Alan Braggins <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:
> http://www.velovision.com/cgi-bin/show_comments.pl?storynum=913
> "ICE trike owners may soon be able to enjoy hub dynamo lighting,
> thanks to a new version of the SON hub dynamo compatible with the ICE
> axle fitting. ... no word on price or availability dates just yet"

There goes /my/ bonus :)

--
Dave Larrington
Barley, barley, barley, world cruise. You never see a farmer on

In article <[email protected]>, Dave Larrington wrote:
>In news:[email protected],
>Alan Braggins <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
>tell us:
>> http://www.velovision.com/cgi-bin/show_comments.pl?storynum=913
>> "ICE trike owners may soon be able to enjoy hub dynamo lighting,
>> thanks to a new version of the SON hub dynamo compatible with the ICE
>> axle fitting. ... no word on price or availability dates just yet"

>There goes /my/ bonus :)

SON are doing their own LED light too:

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/edelux-info_PWC08-02-4.pdf

http://www.doocey.net/moultonbuzz/?p=101
80 lux output (this compares with 40lux for the IQ Fly
internal optics are from the B+M IQ Fly.

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:37:54 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
<[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>In news:[email protected],
>Alan Braggins <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
>tell us:
>> http://www.velovision.com/cgi-bin/show_comments.pl?storynum=913
>> "ICE trike owners may soon be able to enjoy hub dynamo lighting,
>> thanks to a new version of the SON hub dynamo compatible with the ICE
>> axle fitting. ... no word on price or availability dates just yet"

>There goes /my/ bonus :)

One each side for Real Headlight Effect :)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Quoting Alan Braggins <[email protected]>:
>SON are doing their own LED light too:

Ho hum. Here's me with a Lumotec Plus, two Oval Plusses, two E6s, and an
E6-Z. And a bad case of new-gear lust.
Today is First Monday, May.

David Damerell wrote:
> Quoting Alan Braggins <[email protected]>:
>> SON are doing their own LED light too:

> Ho hum. Here's me with a Lumotec Plus, two Oval Plusses, two E6s, and an
> E6-Z. And a bad case of new-gear lust.

Quick count: Do NOT try an Edelux, or you'll have 5 problems to solve ;)

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl

Alan Braggins wrote:

> SON are doing their own LED light too:
>
> http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/edelux-info_PWC08-02-4.pdf

Now, /if/ that will fit on a Brom without interfering with the bag
and/or requiring highly contrived mounting not to do so, they may well
have a sale in the works...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

In news:[email protected],
Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:37:54 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
> <[email protected]> said in
> <[email protected]>:
>
>> In news:[email protected],
>> Alan Braggins <[email protected]> tweaked the
>> Babbage-Engine to tell us:
>>> http://www.velovision.com/cgi-bin/show_comments.pl?storynum=913
>>> "ICE trike owners may soon be able to enjoy hub dynamo lighting,
>>> thanks to a new version of the SON hub dynamo compatible with the
>>> ICE axle fitting. ... no word on price or availability dates just
>>> yet"

>> There goes /my/ bonus :)

> One each side for Real Headlight Effect :)

Absolutely. Now, should I retain the dual Lightspins as well :)

--
Dave Larrington
Trees, once grown in large numbers, make perfect forests.

In article <[email protected]>, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:37:54 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
>>Alan Braggins <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
>>tell us:
>>> http://www.velovision.com/cgi-bin/show_comments.pl?storynum=913
>>> "ICE trike owners may soon be able to enjoy hub dynamo lighting,
>>> thanks to a new version of the SON hub dynamo compatible with the ICE
>>> axle fitting. ... no word on price or availability dates just yet"

>>There goes /my/ bonus :)

>One each side for Real Headlight Effect :)

Does the SON have a preferred rotation direction that might prevent that?
(Of course you could just run two lights, one each side, off a single hub.)

Peter Clinch wrote:
> Alan Braggins wrote:
>
>> SON are doing their own LED light too:
>>
>> http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/edelux-info_PWC08-02-4.pdf

> Now, /if/ that will fit on a Brom without interfering with the bag
> and/or requiring highly contrived mounting not to do so, they may well
> have a sale in the works...
>
> Pete.

It's 59mm from the centre of the mounting bolt to the top of the switchring

--

M-gineering wrote:

> It's 59mm from the centre of the mounting bolt to the top of the switchring

Thanks Marten, out with the measure, though it looks like I've got a
while to do it yet...

Pete.
--

Alan Braggins wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:37:54 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
>>> Alan Braggins <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
>>> tell us:
>>> There goes /my/ bonus :)

>> One each side for Real Headlight Effect :)

> Does the SON have a preferred rotation direction that might prevent that?
> (Of course you could just run two lights, one each side, off a single hub.)

The SON's with a pressfit housing ( first model with black centerring,
XS and R) can be used either way

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl

In news:[email protected],
M-gineering <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:
> Alan Braggins wrote:

>> Does the SON have a preferred rotation direction that might prevent
>> that? (Of course you could just run two lights, one each side, off a
>> single hub.)

> The SON's with a pressfit housing ( first model with black centerring,
> XS and R) can be used either way

One of mine is silver all over and I've been running it widdershins on my
Cotic Roadrat for a fair while to no ill-effect.

--
Dave Larrington
Nicht in die laufende Trommel greifen.

Dave Larrington wrote:
> In news:[email protected],
> M-gineering <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
> tell us:
>> Alan Braggins wrote:

>>> Does the SON have a preferred rotation direction that might prevent
>>> that? (Of course you could just run two lights, one each side, off a
>>> single hub.)

>> The SON's with a pressfit housing ( first model with black centerring,
>> XS and R) can be used either way

> One of mine is silver all over and I've been running it widdershins on my
> Cotic Roadrat for a fair while to no ill-effect.

Schmidt worries that the sidecover will unscrew by itself, I'm always
relieved when I finally manage it with the proper tools ;)

--

Quoting M-gineering <[email protected]>:
>David Damerell wrote:
>>Quoting Alan Braggins <[email protected]>:
>>>SON are doing their own LED light too:

>>Ho hum. Here's me with a Lumotec Plus, two Oval Plusses, two E6s, and an
>>E6-Z. And a bad case of new-gear lust.

>Quick count: Do NOT try an Edelux, or you'll have 5 problems to solve ;)

Four - I'm not going to fit twin Edeluxes to anything, not even the
tandem.
Today is First Monday, May.