Son of Meniscus

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Marlene Blansha, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. My friend with the torn meniscus has received the good news- the tear is a very small one and he
    won't need surgery. It should heal, although the doctor said it could cause pain or stiffness on
    occasion, and he may eventually need surgery. However, he will be able to pretty much do what he
    wants, and hopes to start running again soon. They gave him some exercises to do. He's going to get
    on the trainer tomorrow!

    Riding and running are out now anyways, being as it's the middle of winter. And we just had some
    freezing rain. IT's the trainer for me as well.

    Thanks everyone for all your advice and stories, it was very encouraging!

    Tags:

  2. R.H.

    R.H. Guest

    I went to a physio for 4 sessions for a small meniscal tear. She helped me a great deal. The deep
    muscle massage was great to release and loosen the tissue around the damage. She also taught me new
    exercises/stretches to speed healing.

    --
    ______________________________________

    The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will
    he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.

    --Samuel Butler--
    ______________________________________
    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My friend with the torn meniscus has received the good news- the tear is a very small one and he
    > won't need surgery. It should heal, although the doctor said it could cause pain or stiffness on
    > occasion, and he may eventually need surgery. However, he will be able to pretty much do what he
    > wants, and hopes to start running again soon. They gave him some exercises to do. He's going to
    > get on the trainer tomorrow!
    >
    > Riding and running are out now anyways, being as it's the middle of winter. And we just had some
    > freezing rain. IT's the trainer for me as well.
    >
    > Thanks everyone for all your advice and stories, it was very encouraging!

    ---