Son of Meniscus

• Thread starter Marlene Blansha
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marlene Blansha

My friend with the torn meniscus has received the good news- the tear is a very small one and he
won't need surgery. It should heal, although the doctor said it could cause pain or stiffness on
occasion, and he may eventually need surgery. However, he will be able to pretty much do what he
wants, and hopes to start running again soon. They gave him some exercises to do. He's going to get
on the trainer tomorrow!

Riding and running are out now anyways, being as it's the middle of winter. And we just had some
freezing rain. IT's the trainer for me as well.

Thanks everyone for all your advice and stories, it was very encouraging!

I went to a physio for 4 sessions for a small meniscal tear. She helped me a great deal. The deep
muscle massage was great to release and loosen the tissue around the damage. She also taught me new
exercises/stretches to speed healing.

--

The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will
he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.

--Samuel Butler--
> won't need surgery. It should heal, although the doctor said it could cause pain or stiffness on
> occasion, and he may eventually need surgery. However, he will be able to pretty much do what he
> wants, and hopes to start running again soon. They gave him some exercises to do. He's going to
> get on the trainer tomorrow!
>
> Riding and running are out now anyways, being as it's the middle of winter. And we just had some
> freezing rain. IT's the trainer for me as well.
>
> Thanks everyone for all your advice and stories, it was very encouraging!

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.449 / Virus Database: 251 - Release Date: 1/27/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.