SON

Just Zis Guy

Guest
Just fitted a SON[1] to my Optima Stinger. Life is Goooood! I have a Shimano Nexus on the wedgie,
but the SON is quite a bit better. It almost makes up for the drag from the Magura Julies :) (note
to self: upgrade to Hope).

I'm using the Busch & Muller Lumotec Oval until the SON E6 headlight arrives. The SON has much
better optics.

[1] Schmidt's Original Nabendynamo, a hub dynamo[2].
[2] Alternator[3]
[3] Generator, to the USians, but that's not what it is :)

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

"Just zis Guy, you know?" skrev...
> Just fitted a SON[1] to my Optima Stinger. Life is Goooood! I have a Shimano Nexus on the wedgie,
> but the SON is quite a bit better. It almost makes up for the drag from the Magura Julies :)
> (note to self: upgrade to Hope).

Whats the output on this beast?

The Dymotec S12 12V/6W bottle dynamo sounded good to me till I saw the price. 260 quid with
lights. *ick*

Mikael

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 23:19:04 +0100, "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Just fitted a SON
>Whats the output on this beast?

Ah, well, it depends who you ask. It will run the usual 6V 3W, but it's current limited so when you
get above a certain speed (don't ask me, I've only just fitted it!) you can bring in a second 3W
lamp in *series* for the full 12V SON Experience.

The most amazing thing is, though, that you barely know it's there! I mean, really, it's as if
there's nothing other than a normal hub. I couldn't believe that it would be this much better than
the Nexus, but it really is!

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 21:57:14 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm using the Busch & Muller Lumotec Oval until the SON E6 headlight arrives. The SON has much
>better optics.

Is this the new light with the Bisy optics? Where can I get one? I have the Bisy light but it's not
very rugged - one broke apart from road vibration alone.

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:28:40 +0900, Ken Kobayashi <[email protected]> wrote:

>>I'm using the Busch & Muller Lumotec Oval until the SON E6 headlight arrives. The SON has much
>>better optics.

>Is this the new light with the Bisy optics? Where can I get one?

They are as rare as hens' teeth, yes. The most dependable source I know of is www.tubus.nl (now
called m-gineering).

Guy
===