songs about cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time of year, it's "Against the Wind" by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.

Zippy the Pinhead <[email protected]> wrote:

> This time of year, it's "Against the Wind" by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.

How about the Eagles: "Set me on a highway, Show me a sign. And take it to the limit one more time?"

Art Harris

In article <[email protected]>, Harris
<[email protected]> writes:
> Zippy the Pinhead <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> This time of year, it's "Against the Wind" by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.
>
> How about the Eagles: "Set me on a highway, Show me a sign. And take it to the limit one
> more time?"

Lately, surrounded by piles of spare parts from fixing up old, junked bikes, I sometimes find myself
listening to "Highway 61 Revisited".

cheers, Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD Above address is just a spam midden. I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn
[point] bc [point] ca

Tom Keats <[email protected]> wrote:

> Lately, surrounded by piles of spare parts from fixing up old, junked bikes, I sometimes find
> myself listening to "Highway 61 Revisited".

Ah yes, 40 red, white, and blue shoestrings and a thousand telephones that don't ring...

Art Harris

"Kristin Garau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hey there. There's so many songs about cycling and I know everyone here must have some cycling
> song that stands out to them whenever they think about getting on the bike, be it "Bicycle Race"
> by Queen or "Empty Pockets and Broken Bicycles" by Tom Waits. I just got wondering what was the
> one that stuck in some of your minds. For me, it's "Cycling is Fun" by Shonen Knife (I'm listening
> to it as I type this!).
>
> Best to you, Kristin

Busted Bicycle (instrumental) - Leo Kottke Take Me (Back) to You - Cracker/Kerosene Hat

"Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<8b2ra.649617$L1.185787@sccrnsc02>...
> "Kristin Garau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hey there. There's so many songs about cycling and I know everyone here must have some cycling
> > song that stands out to them whenever they think about getting on the bike, be it "Bicycle Race"
> > by Queen or "Empty Pockets and Broken Bicycles" by Tom Waits. I just got wondering what was the
> > one that stuck in some of your minds. For me, it's "Cycling is Fun" by Shonen Knife (I'm
> > listening to it as I type this!).
> >
>
> For me its "Roll on RAGBRAI" by Patrick Hazel, it's on his live CD.
>
> Best, Mish

How 'bout "Ride of the Valkyries"?

The Roche sisters recorded one called, I think, "My Bicycle," which captures for me the connection
between a child, a bike, and high-speed fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.