Songs I hate

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by Aussie Steve, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Aussie Steve

Aussie Steve New Member

For some reason, radio stations keep playing Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars"...getting sick of this damn song
    also Eskimo Joe- Black Fingernails/Red Wine (an Australian Band)
    my reason for hating this song is that it resembles a typical INXS song from the mid-80's....can't they invent their own style? what next- Duran Duran clones? another Spandau Ballet to be crowned "the next supergroup?" come on...
    and what about Wolfmother? think Slade/Led Zeppelin...etc etc....
    oh well, at least I haven't heard any Teddy Geiger for a while, and they seem to have lost their James Blunt CD collection
    I know, I know, tell me to use an MP3 player :eek: ...I work in an office and they wont be happy if I sit there wearing headphones, and I won't buy a pair of speakers if I dont need them...small FM radio is kool

Tags:

2. Aussie Steve

Aussie Steve New Member

Oh I forgot to include the latest one:
    Robbie Williams- Lovelight....what a load of cobblers...I can't imagine him in the recording studio doing this...the sound engineers must have been out on a smoke break or something...it's not even his voice FFS !!!

3. Wurm

Wurm New Member

What's so bad about Zeppelin? Well, I guess you had to be there...

4. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

That bloody James Blunt is terrible - whinning on about how his girl left him.
    Dreadful.

Other terrible songs - having been subjected to it throughout Christmas on practically every radio station, Wham's Last Christmas, is awful.
    Shakin Steven's "Merry Christmas, Everyone" runs it's close though.

Great subject for a thread though, Steve.

5. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Agree on that Eskimo Joe song. Its crap. Same with James Blunt - theres only one song I've heard of his that I don't mind.

Oldies that age has not improved in the slightest:

All I wanna do is make love to you - Heart

We didn't start the fire - Billy Joel

We built this city - starship

Steering off the road into a telephone pole is better than having to listen to any one of these songs in their entirity. They suck balls at 9.9 on the Richter scale. They are Defcon 5 bad.

Funnily enough, I heard 'Magic man' by Heart on the radio today and 'Barracuda' the other week. Both are farking great.

6. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

"Achy Breaky Heart'. The mullethead who 'performs' this piece of musical diarrhoea deserves a traumatic tracheotomy.
    Not a song ,but...line dancing? The only good thing I can say about line dancing is that it does make it easier to mow down the moronic participants with a machine gun.

7. lyotard

lyotard New Member

heard that just the other day in the local feed and grain store, funny thing is, did not sound all that bad really, given it's notoriety as an all-time worst list perennial fave. my ears work.

btw, you kiwis really have a cheeky go of it when it comes to sartorial hairstyle matters.

good thing, in all probability, you kiwis do not have freedom of firearm ownwership to carry out your vengeful designs...

"we got a million points of light, for the homeless man, we got a kinder, gentler machine gun hand"
    "crime in the city" -neil young

8. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Whenever I'm done by a chick, I think the song "She got legs and knows how to use them"

9. Eden

Eden New Member

"Lump" by The Presidents of the United States of America
    its terrible, annoying and once it gets into your head its soooo hard to get rid of

10. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Kiwis? KIWIS? Really, Jean-Francois...that's pretty cheeky....coming from a Canuck!

Btw, guns can be legally bought in Oz (and NZ). They are licensed and regulated,just like cars,boats,planes,poisons,alcohol and the kind of fertiliser that can be turned into an IED.

11. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

...these are dark days indeed when every thread on this site devolves to yet another festival of insults between the new zealanders and canadians over private gun ownership. i only can get down and thank god for his foresight in allowing us americans unfettered gun ownership just to keep all those commonwealth countries at bay...

...as for the songs--freebird. just heard it once too often...

12. Aussie Steve

Aussie Steve New Member

Absolutely NUTHIN wrong with Zeppelin...my point is that if you played a Zepp song to one of these teenage Wolfmother fans, but didn't tell them the artist...they would swear it was Wolfmother's latest single.
    I just get annoyed that they can't be original.
    BTW, when I venture out into the night to a pub, I usually wear a Zepp T-shirt with pride...

13. Aussie Steve

Aussie Steve New Member

In the year 2000 or so, when I heard my first Evanescence song, I thought they were real weird and out-there, but the more I hear them, the more I admire them for being brave enough to forge their own unique sound....which really doesn't jump on another band's coat-tails...and that Amy Lee has an incredible voice which could tame a wild beast....

14. Aussie Steve

Aussie Steve New Member

OK..."chasing cars" may have been perfect for that "Grey's Anatomy" episode (I have never watched one episode, not a fan at all :( )
    but playing it out of context, every half-hour....it just don't sound right.
    It does nothing for me...
    Eskimo Joe- Sarah "won't you tell me your name...?"
    umm...guys....you already know her name, dudes....ask her for her mobile number maybe? can you not think of any other lyrics?

15. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Celine Dion..."My Heart Will Go On"..on a sizzling barbecue plate after being removed with an angle grinder if there was any justice.

16. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Doesnt count - its not music.:p

17. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

God, how I hate Christmas music. I have always hated that syrupy sweet crap, but what really pushed me over the edge was a week long holiday cruise where they played Christmas music 24 hours a day. Now I wish I could spend the entire month of December with ear plugs. I cannot even go to a grocery store without being aurally assaulted. Gas stations play the stuff through speakers near the pumps. Judging from radio, it seems 99% of the bands in history have sold out for quick money and guaranteed radio play one month out of the year by awful rock interpretation of a Christmas song.

Beyond Christmas music, when the revolution comes, the first to be put up against the wall should be members of choreographed, lip syncing boy bands.

18. Wurm

Wurm New Member

She's not a bad looker either.

Songs I hate:

~ Almost everything from Bob Seger.
    ~ Almost everything from Rod Stewart
    ~ Everything from Meat Loaf.
    ~ Everything from John Melonhead.

Well, it's a start...

If any of you listen to 'net radio, here's a good site (IMO) to check out: www.radioparadise.com

19. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

...beds are burning, midnight oil. this and anything by john mellencamp force me to change radio stations. still don't understand how this one managed to escape dangerous import laws...

20. Cod

Cod New Member

On the last night of our Mizen Head to Malin Head (Ireland end to end) trip for charity we booked into a hotel in Bundoran, County Donegal...
    as we signed the register, Bat out of Hell was playing on the muzak system..we parked the bikes, showered, changed and met up at in the lobby to go out for dinner.."Bat Out of Hell" was playing again....when we came back 3 hours later after dinner and a few pints, there it was again...
    Next morning in the dining room, guess what..Meat Loaf for breakfast...
    eventually we cracked and asked the waitress if they were taking the mickey. She was puzzled, and we pointed out that since we arrived Bat out of Hell had been playing non-stop, and that it was now lodged in our heads for the 100 mile trip that day...she made enquiries, and reported that the muzak was stored on an MP3 player, and that over time each staff member had deleted songs they didn't like, until all that was left was "Bat Out of Hell"... it says something about Donegal people that we were the first to notice.
    ....God I hate that song........