Sons First Roadbike

BigUgly

Mar 31, 2007
Brought it home yesterday and he's already spent 2 hours on the trainer. WEll 30 minutes at shop getting fitted which required some work to get bike small enough, shorter stem, smaller seat, remove some spacers kinda stuff. Last night he did about 20 minutes when we got home and today he spent a full hour on it after school. Kid can spin it up too, has hit as high as 180 cadance but I mean just hit it can't hold it there but can keep it around 150 for a good bit. Still have a lot to learn like basic riding skills and proper form but he's a good learner. Can't wait for spring and our first ride together.:D Here are a few pics of the happy Birthday Boy! Oh yeah bike is a 2008 but brand new C'Dale Six13 size 45.
DSC03770.jpg

DSC03771.jpg

DSC03772.jpg

DSC03777.jpg

DSC03775.jpg

His Dad is just obsessed with cycling, I think I'm just excited as he is!

you remind me of WB. anywho and if you're up for some chit chat, how long do you think he'll be able to ride on his first outting?

roadhouse said:
you remind me of WB. anywho and if you're up for some chit chat, how long do you think he'll be able to ride on his first outting?

Not real sure how far he'll make it on first outing. Last year he was up to 40km on his MTB but we also had my 6 year old with us so we could have gone a lot farther in same amount of time but I like to keep both involved. This year will be a little different but we'll still do our MTB french fry run...lol

That's a good'un dad. Isn't there some sort of UN convention that states that if a dad buys his kid a really nice bike, the dad gets to upgrade his own as he sees fit?

How long do you think it'll be before your boy grows out of that bike?

alienator said:
How long do you think it'll be before your boy grows out of that bike?

More to the point, will your boy be smokin' you before he outgrows that bike?

I'm thinking the bike will last him two seasons, we have it set up as small as it can with a pretty short stem and seat all the way forward. I have no money left for upgrades this year, next year I'm eyeballing either red, or dura ace. AS for smoking me, yeah it likely won't take to long but will be a proud moment!