Sony bike radio

Ron Hardin

Guest
I tried it briefly, Sony ICF-M88B

I have no handlebar real estate left for it; and it is susceptible
on AM to GPS interference (as any AM radio is); the AM radio is not
the most sensitive I've ever heard, and has an internal loop which
is directional, meaning that you'll be riding most of the time with
your favorite station in the null (car AM radios use a capacitive
probe, which has its null oriented straight upwards).

But it would be okay if you're not combatting intense wind noise
anyway. Fairly good bass response for the size. Controls seem
bike friendly. I think it's a better deal than various headphones,
anyway.

Putting it in the mount engages the odometer and speedometer, which
I did not investigate at all.

Amazon has it.
--
Ron Hardin
[email protected]

>Subject: Sony bike radio
>From: Ron Hardin [email protected]
>Date: 8/3/2004 2:02 PM US Eastern Standard Time
>
>I tried it briefly, Sony ICF-M88B
>
>I have no handlebar real estate left for it; and it is susceptible
>on AM to GPS interference (as any AM radio is); the AM radio is not
>the most sensitive I've ever heard, and has an internal loop which
>is directional, meaning that you'll be riding most of the time with
>your favorite station in the null (car AM radios use a capacitive
>probe, which has its null oriented straight upwards).
>
>But it would be okay if you're not combatting intense wind noise
>anyway. Fairly good bass response for the size. Controls seem
>bike friendly. I think it's a better deal than various headphones,
>anyway.
>
>Putting it in the mount engages the odometer and speedometer, which
>I did not investigate at all.
>
>Amazon has it.

I listen to AM talk shows like stock market shows and Dr Dean Edell. It might
work for me.The link says it's not yet available.
Want to sell it?

KakenBetaal IssiewetVanTransvaal?

--

QUIPd 1.02: (439 of 679)
-> Army Law: If it moves, salute it; if it doesn't move, pick it

My photo albums: http://www.pbase.com/sny