Soon to be Bent rider

Moab_Rob

Dec 13, 2002
I'll soon be one of those 'weird' few who like being comfortable when riding. Crashed out on a DF two odd years ago during a club ride and trashed right arm but good. DF's now a pain in the arm so I'm building a SWB bent. Prototype almost ready to test ride!!!:rolleyes:

Will post the results of said ride soonest.

If I survive we'll start the ALU model and see how light we can get it. Looking forward to racing 'The Thing' this year once I'm fit again.

Why did I build my own? Cost of importing one to South Africa way outrageous and there are none in my LBS's.

Hi All

It's on the road! Did a 15 KM ride on Saturday last and it went well. Bike's a little twitchy when peddling downhill - possibly the pilot needs practise - and getting back up the hill had me huffing and puffing big time.

One question I'd like answered if possible - trail is 2.5 inches but the bike won't steer when pushed from the back with no pilot on board. The front wheel flips round trying to reverse itself. Do I need more or less trail or is something else the problem?

Weight = a very heavy 20KG (about 40 lbs).

Picture here
Bike1.jpg

Hi All

We did some surgery on the bike a week ago and cut out the headtube. Changed the angle to give me less than an inch of trail and WOW! what an improvement. The bike is now very stable, will steer when pushed from the back and now I can ride down the yellow line without wobbling. All I need now is to get my fitness back to where it used to be and I can think about doing the 94.7 Cycle Challenge again.http://www.highveld.co.za/cyclechallenge/index.asp