Sora 7 x 3 Speed Brake/Shift Lever Set

Corey16

Jun 2, 2005
I'm trying to find a replacement for my old RXS 7 speed Shimano Brake Shifters. From what I read it can be replaced by a Sora 7 x 3 Speed Brake/Shift Lever Set. The problem is "NO ONE" seems to have any of the 7 speed Sora's in stock and I was told that they don't even make them anymore either. I don't want to go to an 8 speed. I tried ordering he Sora 7 x 3 ( complete with 4 cables ) from Harris Cyclery with no luck. Anyone know where I can pick up a Sora 7 x 3 with the cables?
thank you
Corey

No, I bought a new wheel... when I went to 8 on the MTB.

Sorry to mislead there, can I buy the wheel? :eek:

Campagnola Xenon 9sp shifters cost half what Sora 7sp STI's cost.
I am considering upgrading my 7sp downtube shifter Shimano setup to Xenon 9sp shifters together with 8 sprockets of a Shimano 9sp cassette.
The 8 sprockets of the 9sp cassette will only take an extra 0.31mm more space than the 7sp cassette takes, and I have read somewhere that Campagnola 9sp shifters do work with Shimano 9sp cassette spacing.
So for the cost of shifters and a new cassette which needs replacing anyway, I upgrade to 8sp and handlebar shifting.
I came to this solution after trying to source Campagnola 8sp shifters, which would work directly on the Shimano 7sp, but could not find any Campagnola 8sp shifters anywhere.
Any comments on this suggestion?

dome said:
Campagnola Xenon 9sp shifters cost half what Sora 7sp STI's cost.
I am considering upgrading my 7sp downtube shifter Shimano setup to Xenon 9sp shifters together with 8 sprockets of a Shimano 9sp cassette.
The 8 sprockets of the 9sp cassette will only take an extra 0.31mm more space than the 7sp cassette takes, and I have read somewhere that Campagnola 9sp shifters do work with Shimano 9sp cassette spacing.
So for the cost of shifters and a new cassette which needs replacing anyway, I upgrade to 8sp and handlebar shifting.
I came to this solution after trying to source Campagnola 8sp shifters, which would work directly on the Shimano 7sp, but could not find any Campagnola 8sp shifters anywhere.
Any comments on this suggestion?
Campy 9 speed cog spacing is 4.54mm and shimano 9 is 4.34. Close enough if often works,but plan on a campy RD to go with the shifters. If you want to **** around, just use shimano 8 speed shifters on a 7 speed cassette. Spacing is again only .2mm different and it ususllay works. Another way is use 8 cogs of a 9 speed shiamno cogset and and shift it with a 9 speed simano shifter.That way the shifter and cog spacing match.