sora and canti's

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Panda, Mar 28, 2003.

  1. Panda

    Panda Guest

    do sora combined brake/gear levers work with canti brakes without the need for travel
    agent thingies?

    thanks

    panda

    Tags:

  2. sam-<< do sora combined brake/gear levers work with canti brakes without the need for travel
    agent thingies?

    Yes for cantis, not for most v brakes. Get some that are not low low profile, that is, get some
    where the arms stick out a bit-

  3. David Ornee

    David Ornee Guest

    You can see a good example of this combination working well on a Novara Randonee at URL:
    http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=400000
    08000&productId=47601100&parent_category_rn=4500922 No travel agent is needed. The combination has
    the right travel for the pull provided with the Sora levers. Another good example is at URL:
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/fujits00.html

    David Ornee, Western Springs, IL

    "panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > do sora combined brake/gear levers work with canti brakes without the need for travel agent
    > thingies?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > panda

  4. > do sora combined brake/gear levers work with canti brakes without the need for travel agent
    > thingies?

    We've found the Ritchey cantis to work very well with STI levers.

  5. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
    > do sora combined brake/gear levers work with canti brakes without the need for travel agent
    > thingies?
    >

    > We've found the Ritchey cantis to work very well with STI levers.

    Avid Shorty cantis and STI (105 and Shorty 4 in the linked photo below) work well too:

    http://www.konaworld.com/2k3/bikes_med/2k3_jakethesnake_300x4in.jpg

  6. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:55:25 -0000, "panda" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >do sora combined brake/gear levers work with canti brakes without the need for travel agent
    >thingies?

    A while back I put a pair of Sora levers on my girlfriend's Trek 420 equipped with Shimano BR-MT62
    cantis. Last summer she made it down Vail Pass and Swan Mountain Road (among other interesting
    places) without killing herself.