sora and canti's

Panda

Guest
do sora combined brake/gear levers work with canti brakes without the need for travel
agent thingies?

thanks

panda

sam-<< do sora combined brake/gear levers work with canti brakes without the need for travel
agent thingies?

Yes for cantis, not for most v brakes. Get some that are not low low profile, that is, get some
where the arms stick out a bit-

You can see a good example of this combination working well on a Novara Randonee at URL:
http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=400000
08000&productId=47601100&parent_category_rn=4500922 No travel agent is needed. The combination has
the right travel for the pull provided with the Sora levers. Another good example is at URL:
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/fujits00.html

David Ornee, Western Springs, IL

"panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> do sora combined brake/gear levers work with canti brakes without the need for travel agent
> thingies?
>
> thanks
>
> panda

> do sora combined brake/gear levers work with canti brakes without the need for travel agent
> thingies?

We've found the Ritchey cantis to work very well with STI levers.

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:55:25 -0000, "panda" <[email protected]> wrote:

>do sora combined brake/gear levers work with canti brakes without the need for travel agent
>thingies?

A while back I put a pair of Sora levers on my girlfriend's Trek 420 equipped with Shimano BR-MT62
cantis. Last summer she made it down Vail Pass and Swan Mountain Road (among other interesting
places) without killing herself.