Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Sora RD to ultegra RD

Started by joetronic · · Last activity · 2 posts · 953 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
10 November 2005
Last activity
10 November 2005
Original author
joetronic
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
953
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My bike curently has a sora RD and FD. I found a ultegra RD-6500 at a yard sale cheap and could pass it up. It looks to be in working order, and in very good condition. Would I be able to use it? Heres what my drivetrain is now:

    FD: sora
    RD: sora 8spd
    Shifters: sora SL-R400 24spd downtube index
    Cassett:SRAM PG-850 - 12-25T - 8-spd
    [font=Arial][font=Verdana]chain: Shimano/KMC HG-50 Narrow ‚ Dk Silver[/font] [/font]
    [font=Arial][/font]
    [font=Verdana]TIA[/font]
    Joe

  2. Just do it!!

    I bought my RD-6500 before I decided on whether go 8 or 9. I have three 8 speed cassettes off friends upgrades and only two 9s.

    If you check the Shimano bible, it says the 6500 is 8/9. 🙂

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.