Hi there, I just recently bought a trek 1.2 sora and dont really like the shifters. I want to upgrade to Tiagra shifters so i can shift gears while holding the drops. But dont know what else other than the shifters to buy in order to make the shifting smoother.Also how much would it cost me thanks
Bike buying advice · Public discussion
Sora to Tiagra: need help PEEPS
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Bike buying advice
- Published
- 3 August 2010
- Last activity
- 6 August 2010
- Original author
- jnwii
- Posts
- 4
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,302
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Have you considered bar-end shifters?
-
jnwii said:
Hi there, I just recently bought a trek 1.2 sora and dont really like the shifters. I want to upgrade to Tiagra shifters so i can shift gears while holding the drops. But dont know what else other than the shifters to buy in order to make the shifting smoother.Also how much would it cost me thanks
The only thing you would gain with Tiagra Shifters is the ability to up shift into a higher gear while in the drops. This upgrade will set you back a couple hundred bucks. If your shifting is not smooth on a new bike you should visit the LBS you purchased it at and have an adjustment made. New cables do require adjustments after a brief period of time. Good luck with your new bike and enjoy riding it. -
Hey y'all.
I'm new to the cycling, so take this with a grain of salt, but if you're gonna upgrade, why not go to 105? That's what seems to be on the mid range bikes I've seen. It will cost more, but would be a real upgrade. Also, if you're bike is new enough, wouldn't your lbs take it back if you upgrade? You will lose some money, but maybe not as much as if you just do components. Most of the bikes I've seen with 105's have better frames as well
Just a thought,
Jeff
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.