sore ab's

Speedckr

Apr 30, 2010
:confused:I rode 16.5 miles today, the most I have riden in the two weeks since I started cycling. I noticed my abs and core are really sore. Is that normal?

huh? I think it's normal, depends though. Are you fit? How's your core strength?
Personally I think it's normal and just means that those muscles were in use...

But. Know that all the force and effort should be well distributed as many complain that their wrists are sore or back, and so on. Make sure you are fitted and adjusted to whatever is appropriate for you and everything should be good. No one thing in particular should feel overly ridiculous...

However, if you are fit and everything's fine... Then it should all be good and your muscles are just "getting used" to it. lol $10 I'll be feeling the same in the next week or so as I haven't ridden in a while after my accident.:D Good riding!

ryan_tran03 said:
huh? I think it's normal, depends though. Are you fit? How's your core strength?
Personally I think it's normal and just means that those muscles were in use...

But. Know that all the force and effort should be well distributed as many complain that their wrists are sore or back, and so on. Make sure you are fitted and adjusted to whatever is appropriate for you and everything should be good. No one thing in particular should feel overly ridiculous...

However, if you are fit and everything's fine... Then it should all be good and your muscles are just "getting used" to it. lol $10 I'll be feeling the same in the next week or so as I haven't ridden in a while after my accident.:D Good riding!

I have already battled the sore wrists, gloves helped, and my back is only stiff for a few minutes after the ride. I my legs are a little weak feeling today so I think I will take the day off. I have just never felt it in my core, I have a weak core right now.

Speedckr said:
:confused:I rode 16.5 miles today, the most I have riden in the two weeks since I started cycling. I noticed my abs and core are really sore. Is that normal?

i'd never experienced sore abs after cycling, in fact abs are my weakest muscles.

vspa said:
i'd never experienced sore abs after cycling, in fact abs are my weakest muscles.

I don't think I have either. I do work out my abs, but not as consistantly as I should.