sore back without my miles

chizlr40

Oct 5, 2004
i live in michigan and from dec to march riding a road bike is almost out of the question.however after putting in 100 to 150 mile a week this year, more than i have in a while, after the season was over i have noticed stiffness/soreness in my lower back area. it feels good after a ride on the trainer,but will return if i skip a day or two. any good exercises/stretches to reduce the discomfort thanks

When my lower back is hurting it is ussually because I have agrevated it with foods high in copper which is antagonistic to sulfur and vitamin c two important cartilage nutrients. When my lower back hurts I lower my intake of copper rich foods such as coffee, mushrooms, tea, soy, chocolate, oatmeal, city water and shellfish. At the same time I might increase my intake of things antagonistic to copper such as bioflavanoids especially hesperatin, MSM and hyaluronic acid. My most recent lower back pain came from eating almost a whole box of oatmeal cookies believe it or not.

chizlr40 said:
i live in michigan and from dec to march riding a road bike is almost out of the question.however after putting in 100 to 150 mile a week this year, more than i have in a while, after the season was over i have noticed stiffness/soreness in my lower back area. it feels good after a ride on the trainer,but will return if i skip a day or two. any good exercises/stretches to reduce the discomfort thanks

Another thing just dawned on me and that is keep your lower abs strong with leg lifts you may have been getting ab workouts from long rides. That curve in you lower back likes to get worse if your abs aren't strong I've felt that pain before and do twenty five leg lifts three times a week to keep it from returning. Avoid sitting for long periods of time or standing with weight equally distributed on both legs this makes the curve worse and is not good for the lower back.

chizlr40 said:

I'm not sure which advice you think is wacked I would guess the high copper levels causing cartilage degeneration. It's more common than you think because alot of high copper foods are addictive. I had my doubts about its effects on my lower back also because there are other factors in the above mentioned foods that could cause problems for joints so I experimented with a chelated copper supplement to make sure (bad idea) the pain in my lower back got so bad after only a month I had to stop. Copper is just a trace mineral RDA 3mg that is so available in food supplementing is nuts most people tend to have more than enough. http://www.acu-cell.com/crcu.html

rakkun said:
wow that's the most whacked out advice I've heard for awhile.