Sore Eyes!

steve007

Jun 21, 2004
Dont know if anyone else has experienced this but today went out for a ride....

20 minutes in pushing hard as usual and suddenly my eyes felt sore and when i got home 3 hours later they looked bloodshot.

I had sunglasses on, so its not air or dust but its puzzling because its happened several times in the last week or so.

Any ideas anyone?:(

Yeah thats the weird thing, (and it always happens at some point in the first hour of my ride) water is pretty much all i drink apart from one cup of green tea a day. Its frustrating because i really look after my health.

Even the best wrap around sunglasses let air in (to keep moisture - from sweat - from fogging up the glasses), which can irritate your eyes.

I have especially sensitive eyes, and feel this after rides. I've found that a little Visine helps tremendously.

Hayfever??? I get that only when there is a very high pollen count. Takes a while to effect me on the bike and then it hits me and then they are sore for hours. Id try Zirtec.

Thanks, Yeah i guess it could be hayfever. But its more like a very sudden soreness and dry feeling, rather than itchyness. But I'll try some zirtec and see what happens.

Could it be related to extreme effort? It always happens in the first hour and last a few minutes and then goes away again.

sounds like dehydration maybe? you didn't say how MUCH water and how HARD you're riding?

If it's hayfever you may find Zirtac won't be much help for specifics such as the eyes. You can buy direct allergy drops to put into the eyes. If it's not an allergy there are other non-prescription drops you can buy but ask a chemist for advice.

Originally posted by steve007
Thanks, Yeah i guess it could be hayfever. But its more like a very sudden soreness and dry feeling, rather than itchyness. But I'll try some zirtec and see what happens.

Could it be related to extreme effort? It always happens in the first hour and last a few minutes and then goes away again.