Sore Knees

robbie

Guest
I ride about 4 times a week, 3 x 30km rides and one 80km ride.
I am getting sore knees, but not on my knee, jusy above them.
Any ideas as too why.
Seat height maybe.?
Thanks

"robbie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I ride about 4 times a week, 3 x 30km rides and one 80km ride.
> I am getting sore knees, but not on my knee, jusy above them.
> Any ideas as too why.
> Seat height maybe.?

Soreness just above the knee usually indicates your saddle is too low. That
means at the top of the stroke knee flexion is increased and so your quads
have to work harder to force that leg down. What you're feeling is the
result of that extra strain. Raising the saddle to its proper height will
decrease knee flexion at the top of the stroke so your leg will be
relatively straighter, your quads won't have to work quite so hard and you
won't get sore in that area.

--

A: Top-posters.