Sore lungs/chest after hard training/races

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by bikerjoe, Jun 1, 2003.

1. bikerjoe

bikerjoe New Member

Ive notices, occasionally when the weather is pretty warm that after really hard training sessions or after a road race, there seems to be a bit of discomfort with my breathing after races/hard training.

It does go away later on but for the first while you can really feel, not as much pain but discomfort when breathing in.It seems worse when taking larger breaths in, you can really feel it on the lungs.

Anybody else came across this?

Tags:

2. clever_guy

clever_guy New Member

bikerjoe;

Its called getting into shape with cardiovascular exercise...

;)

If you are really concerned see a doctor.

-CG

3. nferyn

nferyn New Member

I've had that a lot. I don't think it is anything to worry about. When I was racing, my lung capacity was always my weak point and thus I felt pain in my lungs.
    I raced when I was 16. We usually had averages of +/- 40kph and a first lap of over 45 kph, flat roads, but lots of cornering with a 50X16 as max gear... the first lap was always killing me and it took me a couple of months before I could properly survive that first lap.

It gets better over time though: the better you're in shape, the less of these problems you'll have

Niek

4. g19glock1

g19glock1 New Member

Helps not to smoooooke ciiiiigarets (or other things) tooooo.

5. mtbjedi

mtbjedi New Member

How is the air quality where you are training? Hot weather plus stagnant air and nearby urban sprawl = high ozone bad air ..

This will lead to sore lungs after training