Sore saddle...advice wanted

[email protected] (Raimon) wrote in news:raimon-1308030940520001@dialup- ras19-140.eug.or.uspops.net:

> In article <[email protected]>, Fraggle
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>yes looks comfy, not sure how you strap it to the bike though!
>>
>>Fragg ;)
>
> there's two long oval shaped bars below the seat...they fit in most

<snip interesting facts about REAL EasySeat.>

You did not follow that link did you ;) I am afraid I was poking some fun! Here is a link to the
real seat as penance.

http://clients.corifeus.com/hobson/web/products.htm

They don't seem easy to locate in the UK though.

Fragg

Originally posted by Mule
Hi All,

I have a Specialized "Body Geometry" saddle that came as standard with my mtb and it is causing me a
lot of discomfort during long rides.

More specifically I suffer after about 4hours riding - when I go to the toilet. No it's not an STD!!
- I only seem to suffer during/after a long cycle ride. I asked my friends about it and they don't
get the same problem.

I'm male and not too heavy (84kg/185lbs). I've had my bike for about 3 years but have been out for a
while due to serious injury (non bike related).

I've tried adjusting the position/angle/etc but nothing has really worked. I also shift my body
around during my rides but I always end up with the same problem.

How concerned do I need to be or is suffering part of the sport? I'm a bit worried because going to
the toilet shouldn't hurt - should it? If I were to get a new saddle (which friends have
recommended), what type/model would you recommend?

I think I have wide "sit bones" which may be part of the problem - I end up tenderizing the
soft parts!

One of my friends has a Brooks B17 on his hybrid, but he says that a gel saddle might be better for
my problem.

Thanks in advance, very simalar problem with my trek 7200 cost £500 problems galore after long cycling got some advice bought giempee saddle spelling incorrect long walk to garage to check it is racing saddle but after 50/60 miles no more problems and toilet probs back to normal {gel saddle will not solve problem you may look at racing saddle and think that cannot help but believe me it will solve your problem }

--
...meandering mule...

On a serioous note - what damage does riding on a racing saddle do? I do
1.5 hrs a day - should I be worried?

Michael Calwell

Michael Calwell wrote:
> On a serioous note - what damage does riding on a racing saddle do? I do
> 1.5 hrs a day - should I be worried?

If you find it reasonably comfortable, probably not. If a saddle is the right shape for you it
shouldn't be pushing on anything much beyond your sit bones.

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/