Sore "soft tissue"

readyami

Sep 7, 2003
I have increased my riding this year to train for the MS 150 in my state. I am having pain in my um, soft tissue area. I have tried new shorts, a new seat, chamois buttr, etc. Some people are saying it's the increased mileage, it will go away, etc. I'm not having SORES, and it's not on my sit bones. I'm just having irritated tissue. It's like my seat is hitting my personal areas and spreading them out? or something. The pain is almost on the "hidden" areas, if you know what I mean. It's not numbness, it's pain. Has anyone overcome this problem? I was on a Terry Butterfly, now on an Avocet 02 Air 40. Happens on both saddles. Riding 30-60 miles per ride.

Originally posted by readyami
I was on a Terry Butterfly, now on an Avocet 02 Air 40. Happens on both saddles. Riding 30-60 miles per ride.

Did you try or does someone in this forum has ever tried Mark IV that I see on Bike Mania.Biz or the Carri Saddle ?
jmaril

Bike fit?? Is the saddle level? Maybe the nose of the saddle needs to be knocked in a down angle just a touch, like a fraction of a smidgen. Too much and you keep sliding forward but I had to adjust mine this year. I think after multiple adjustments and whatnot, the saddle level angle got pushed in a slightly upward direction and I found my saddle was just getting slightly rude and oh-too-personal.

Originally posted by Brunswick_kate
Bike fit?? Is the saddle level? Maybe the nose of the saddle needs to be knocked in a down angle just a touch, like a fraction of a smidgen. Too much and you keep sliding forward but I had to adjust mine this year. I think after multiple adjustments and whatnot, the saddle level angle got pushed in a slightly upward direction and I found my saddle was just getting slightly rude and oh-too-personal.

Bike fits great, saddle is pretty level.

Originally posted by readyami
I was on a Terry Butterfly, now on an Avocet 02 Air 40. Happens on both saddles. Riding 30-60 miles per ride.
My post yesterday was unclear about the saddle "Mark IV"
I mean "SPONGY WONDER BIKE SEAT" (http://www.spongywonder.com)

About the "Carri", you can get information on http://www.jrcarrico.com/

This seat is really special
We would need advices from riders.
A great deal of details can be found in the patent of this seat (#6139098) and fortunately the link to USPTO is given so you can see the complete text and figures.

I don't know yet where this seat is sold (jrcarri site doesn't give any way to buy!)
jmaril

Originally posted by jmaril

I don't know yet where this seat is sold (jrcarri site doesn't give any way to buy!)
jmaril

from the website.

"To ORDER please click here [Order form ] Please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery of any orders. I guarantee replacement of a seat for up to one year if it is defective. NOTE: 30 day money back guarantee beginning one week after the date I shipped it out to the date the seat was returned. The bicycle seat is protected by utility, U.S. Patent #6,139,098. Credit card holders may withdraw amount and submit payment by money order. "

Originally posted by MtnBikerChk
from the website.

"To ORDER please click here [Order form ] "

Thanks, MtnBikerChk
I don't understand why I didn't see this

What's your advice about this saddle ?
jmaril

Originally posted by jmaril
Thanks, MtnBikerChk
I don't understand why I didn't see this

What's your advice about this saddle ?
jmaril

it looks goofy and I wouldn't buy anything over the Internet from someone who doesn't have a webfront - or a really good reference.

Originally posted by MtnBikerChk
it looks goofy and I wouldn't buy anything over the Internet from someone who doesn't have a webfront - or a really good reference.

Ahh man, butt pads!! I'll never have to wear those goofy spandex shorts again. Oh wait, it's dish sponges skewered and bracketed onto a bike.

Fiz ik Aliante is the best saddle I've found. It's a little pricey, but it's like butta for the booty.

Originally posted by sm266
Ahh man, butt pads!! I'll never have to wear those goofy spandex shorts again. Oh wait, it's dish sponges skewered and bracketed onto a bike.

Fiz ik Aliante is the best saddle I've found. It's a little pricey, but it's like butta for the booty.

Fizik Vitesse!

What made a huge difference to me was when I switched to clipless pedals and improved my pedaling. Shifting my weight off my, ahem, hoo-hoo, and onto my legs made a world of difference. Developing stronger quads helped, too. I still get the searing soreness, but only after 3 or 4 hours of riding instead of 1 or 2 (and it's still worth it!)

I've talked to some other girls about this and it seems that other people have gotten BOILS down there! That hasn't happened to me, thank god.