Sore...Sore...Sore..and more sore...

mjf44

Jul 23, 2013
I took about 6 months off the bike, but had been working out pretty regularly so I thought I was in good shape. TDF rolls around and I hear about this 23 day challenge where you ride everyday the Tour rides, no problem I thought. Well the first two weeks were a piece of cake and was able to get a good portion of miles in. With our new 4 month old twins, we finally got to sleep around 12 am and I would have to get up at 6 am to get my ride in.

This past Sunday on the final day of the Tour, I woke up feeling fine but after my ride it was a total different story. My upper shoulders and back and neck feel stiff and sore and my joints in my wrist hurt as well. I'm not sure if this is from riding to much to soon, or fit on the bike or what, but just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone else has had issues like this, and the proper way to let it heal. Its been two days and I'm feeling better but still sore.

mjf44 said:
I took about 6 months off the bike, but had been working out pretty regularly so I thought I was in good shape.  TDF rolls around and I hear about this 23 day challenge where you ride everyday the Tour rides, no problem I thought.  Well the first two weeks were a piece of cake and was able to get a good portion of miles in.
please give us more details, is it like an indoor trainer challenge ? is it out on the road ? how many miles daily ? is like an smartphone APP challenge ?