Sore upper right arm

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by Seco, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Seco

Seco New Member

Since I started biking more seriously this summer, my upper right arm is in pain when I swim. When I do the crawl, I get no power from the right arm, and it's painful to lift a light (8#) weight from my shoulder to above my head.

I think it may have something to do with my STI shifters, particularly when I go up hill. I was taught to continually shift when I go up hill to keep a constant cadence.

Has anyone else come across this? And what is the remedy?

Thanks.

Tags:

2. grasshopperNC

grasshopperNC New Member

I've had the same symptoms but with the muscles in my inner thigh. I went to a muscle activation therapist and she fixed the problem in 2 visits. I've never had a relaps. I'm not sure of the details (or better, how to explain it), but basically a muscle was not functioning properly, in my case it was because of an old martial arts injury that I never realized didn't heal.

It seems like you'd have to do an amazing amount of shifting to cause the problems you're having!!

Do you live in the US? If so go to google and search "muscle activation therapry." there should be links for your area, if you're interested.

Good luck, and get it checked out - there's no reason you have to stay weak and miserable in that arm!