sore wrists

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chickenbomb

has anyone suffered from strained wrists when doing heavy cyclying after a long lay off?

i just resumed and my wrists are reallytight has anyone got any remedies which can sooth the pain?

tia

John

> has anyone suffered from strained wrists when doing heavy cyclying after a long lay off?
>
> i just resumed and my wrists are reallytight has anyone got any remedies which can sooth the pain?
>
> tia
>
> John

hmmm. The best way to heal any sore muscles is rest. You could also try some of those Specialized
body geometry grips, which take pressure off the ulnar nerve. A nice pair of padded gloves could
help, too.

Other than that do some sort of wrist exercises. What exactly, Im not sure. But a google should turn
up something or other.

Small Black Dog

> i just resumed and my wrists are reallytight has anyone got any remedies which can sooth the pain?

Masturbate more often. It builds your arm, back, glutes, chest, leg, and neck muscles from the
violent thrashing when you orgasm. Having a partner often helps. Oh yeah, it helps your wrists too.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

> > i just resumed and my wrists are reallytight has anyone got any remedies which can sooth
> > the pain?
>
> Masturbate more often. It builds your arm, back, glutes, chest, leg, and neck muscles from
> the violent thrashing when you orgasm. Having a partner often helps. Oh yeah, it helps your
> wrists too.
>
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

LOL. I was going to add that into my post but didnt want people to think I was a troll. But now it's
out in the open, yea. Masturbation will help.

Small Black Dog

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > i just resumed and my wrists are reallytight has anyone got any remedies which can sooth
> > the pain?
>
> Masturbate more often. It builds your arm, back, glutes, chest, leg, and neck muscles from
> the violent thrashing when you orgasm. Having a partner often helps. Oh yeah, it helps your
> wrists too.
>
> --
>
> i tried that but that was the cause for me to go out on the bike to lose
my masterbators belly (thirsty work this masterbating lark)

john

You could expect to have a sore everything if you ride heavily after a long layoff. Ride easily
every other day and build back up over a period of several months. Any attempts to beat
yourself back into shape any faster than that will be counter-productive. A large number of
serious and long-lasting injuries are generated by doing too much, too soon. You're not as
young as you once were.

Steve McDonald

> LOL. I was going to add that into my post but didnt want people to think I was a troll. But now
> it's out in the open, yea. Masturbation will help.

Oh, so now I'm a troll?? I try to offer genuine advice that ANY male can use, and I get called
a troll?!?

Okay yeah I was trolling...

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Good therapy "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
news:[email protected]...
> > the pain?
>
> wrists too.
>
> --

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 05:52:46 -0700, Chickenbomb wrote:

> has anyone suffered from strained wrists when doing heavy cyclying after a long lay off?
>

Make sure your brakes are adjusted to the correct angle from your handlebars as well. You don't want
your wrists bent too far one way or the other.

gabrielle

gabrielle wrote:
> Make sure your brakes are adjusted to the correct angle from your handlebars as well. You don't
> want your wrists bent too far one way or the other.
>
Also try adjustning your handle bar, turning it slightly may help or perhaphs you need to adjust
your overall riding position.

Also carbon bars are supposed to real comfortable. (I asume you are not riding a rigid bike else
start by getting a suspension fork).

Kind regards

Bruno

Stephen Baker wrote:
> Pppppffffttttt.......
>
:)

> I've ridden rigid bikes for 43 of my 48 years, and have never had sore wrists from riding. All the
> other advice given, however, has been good (brake lever
> psition, handlebar rotation, etc.) Suspension forks may alleviate the symptom temporarily, but
> they won't fix the problem for long.
>
Guess it depends on the terrain and the exact type of soreness. I've ridden rigids that were
perfect on most surfaces but on really bumpy ground my wrists and palms would get sore if the ride
was more than a couple of hours. But of course a suspension fork is no substitude for the right
geometry settings.

Regards

Bruno

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:41:24 +0200, iddqdATworldonline.dk <[email protected]> wrote:

> Stephen Baker wrote:
>> Pppppffffttttt.......
>>
> :)
>
>> I've ridden rigid bikes for 43 of my 48 years, and have never had sore wrists from riding. All
>> the other advice given, however, has been good (brake lever
>> psition, handlebar rotation, etc.) Suspension forks may alleviate the symptom temporarily, but
>> they won't fix the problem for long.
>>
> Guess it depends on the terrain and the exact type of soreness. I've ridden rigids that were
> perfect on most surfaces but on really bumpy ground my wrists and palms would get sore if the ride
> was more than a couple of hours. But of course a suspension fork is no substitude for the right
> geometry settings.
>
> Regards
>
> Bruno
>
>

In AZ, I never had sore wrists but my non-suspended bike was a bear over rocky terrain. I had to
loosen my entire upper body and barely hold onto the bars -- I essentially let "held" onto the bar
by forming a very loose O around the bars. I'm a big fan of suspension, as it enables me to hold
onto the bars with a tighter grip and with less fatigue.

--
Bob M in CT Remove 'x.' to reply

Status
Not open for further replies.