Sorry for the Rant:-)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Snyperx, Jun 3, 2003.

  1. Snyperx

    Snyperx Guest

    My apologies to anyone my previous offends (excluding Mike of course). Mike torked me off and I
    needed to vent.

    Tags:

  2. Xtc

    Xtc Guest

    Snyperx just use "block sender" in your news reader and you will no longer see his posts. Works
    great for me.

    "Snyperx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My apologies to anyone my previous offends (excluding Mike of course).
    Mike
    > torked me off and I needed to vent.

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Snyperx" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > My apologies to anyone my previous offends (excluding Mike of course). Mike torked me off and I
    > needed to vent.

    "Venting" is exactly the reaction Mikey wants. He doesn't care if you listen to him or believe him.
    All he wants is for newbies to clog up the newsgroups with venting.

  4. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Snyperx" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:[email protected]...
    > My apologies to anyone my previous offends (excluding Mike of course).
    Mike
    > torked me off and I needed to vent.

    1- He is a fundamentalist 2- He lacks the slightest touch of social skills 3- He is phycotic.

    There is no reasoning with him. Period! I used to see his posts on rec.backcountry back in the mid
    90's (before it was ruined by trolls) and they were no different. Put him in your killfile and if
    you have a browser that supports content based filtering (e.g. Outlook Express with its Rules), then
    block his name and all of its variants.

    -Now how did your rant get past the filter?

    -Dave

  5. Gyp

    Gyp Guest

    Snyperx wrote:
    > My apologies to anyone my previous offends (excluding Mike of course). Mike torked me off and I
    > needed to vent.

    No probs, I thought it was quite constrained <Chuckle> now you need to add him to your killfile
    (block his email address) so you never see a future posting from him again. I did this about a week
    back and feel much better for it.. <Grin>.

    Is there some way we can modify the NG FAQ and add that we recomend that people add monkey brain to
    their killfiles before subscribing to the NG?

    Gyp

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Gyp wrote:

    > Is there some way we can modify the NG FAQ and add that we recomend that people add monkey brain
    > to their killfiles before subscribing to the NG?

    The latest (beta) incarnation of the FAQ includes the following:

    [1-6-1] Mike Vandeman PhD

    Mike is a.m-b's resident pet troll. Someone pushed Mike off his tricycle when he was a kid and now
    he has an attitude. A big attitude. Mike's a tree-hugger of the oddest variety, in that he believes
    that all mankind's ills were caused by the mountain bike. Dr Vandeman is considered a nut by the
    very movement he claims to represent and was voted Usenet 'Kook of the Month' May 1998. He has an
    argumentative style that was carefully developed in the 3rd grade - subsequently, arguing / debating
    with him is a futile exercise, so do everyone a favour, and just don't bother.

  7. Trevor S

    Trevor S Guest

    "Snyperx" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > My apologies to anyone my previous offends (excluding Mike of course). Mike torked me off and I
    > needed to vent.

    Don't bother, the guy is not interested in listening to valid points of view. I am sure there are
    some valid enviro concerns but totally locking off all wilderness is lunacy, land use needs to be
    managed and a balance met. He is not intersted in education and working with MTB'ers to raise the
    level of eco awarness, just in alienating that one particular group.

    The irony is, he does more good for MTB'ing then harm :) People actively join MTB advocacy gropus
    simpily because of nuts like him.

    Trevor S

  8. Gyp

    Gyp Guest

    bomba wrote:
    > [1-6-1] Mike Vandeman PhD
    >
    > Mike is a.m-b's resident pet troll. Someone pushed Mike off his tricycle when he was a kid and now
    > he has an attitude. A big attitude. Mike's a tree-hugger of the oddest variety, in that he
    > believes that all mankind's ills were caused by the mountain bike. Dr Vandeman is considered a nut
    > by the very movement he claims to represent and was voted Usenet 'Kook of the Month' May 1998. He
    > has an argumentative style that was carefully developed in the 3rd grade - subsequently, arguing /
    > debating with him is a futile exercise, so do everyone a favour, and just don't bother.

    <ROL>

    Don't you think that's a bit PC, basicly I would have phrased it something like..

    "Mikes this f**king t*sspot that posts annoying cr*p on the newsgroup and should be ignored at
    all costs".

    <Beam> Gyp

  9. On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:40:27 +0000, Gyp did issue forth:

    > "Mikes this f**king t*sspot that posts annoying cr*p on the newsgroup and should be ignored at
    > all costs".

    Yes, but that description fits so many other around here.

    Huw "Even got myself killfiled" Pritchard

  10. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Gyp wrote:

    > <ROL>
    >
    > Don't you think that's a bit PC, basicly I would have phrased it something like..
    >
    > "Mikes this f**king t*sspot that posts annoying cr*p on the newsgroup and should be ignored at
    > all costs".

    Oh come now, there's no need for the expletives. I have a certain admiration for Mike actually - it
    takes a hell of a lot of dedication to troll a group for, what is it now, 8 or 9 years. And when you
    consider that a troll's main aim is to wind up up others, he's actually still effective, even after
    all this time.

    The one thing that puts this all in to perspective is that he actually helps devalue the efforts of
    other hikers and environmentalists who have similar, albeit less extreme, views.

    At the end of the day, he's quite amusing. It's the people that try repeatedly to argue with him and
    are convinced they're "winning", who get on my tits.

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Gyp wrote:
    >
    > > <ROL>
    > >
    > > Don't you think that's a bit PC, basicly I would have phrased it something like..
    > >
    > > "Mikes this f**king t*sspot that posts annoying cr*p on the newsgroup and should be ignored at
    > > all costs".
    >
    > Oh come now, there's no need for the expletives

    (Oooo, I feel real tough and bad now, heheheheh.......).

    Shaun aRe - It's hot in here.

  12. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    'em!
    > > (Oooo, I feel real tough and bad now, heheheheh.......).
    >
    > Unlike you, I'm quite a way off 50...

    But unlike you,I am revelling in what youthI have, old dude.....

    > > Shaun aRe - It's hot in here.
    >
    > So take off all your clothes (?)

    No thanks, but I'll prolly have most of them off for the ride home.

    Shaun aRe

  14. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    >>Unlike you, I'm quite a way off 50...
    >

    > But unlike you,I am revelling in what youthI have, old dude.....

    Does Kath know you're revelling in the youth?

    >>>Shaun aRe - It's hot in here.
    >>
    >>So take off all your clothes (?)
    >

    > No thanks, but I'll prolly have most of them off for the ride home.

    30+ deg here, but have to endure a German lesson before I can get out on the bike...

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > >>Unlike you, I'm quite a way off 50...
    > >

    > > But unlike you,I am revelling in what youthI have, old dude.....
    >
    > Does Kath know you're revelling in the youth?

    She's revelling with me, heheheheh..........

    > >>So take off all your clothes (?)
    > >

    > > No thanks, but I'll prolly have most of them off for the ride home.
    >
    > 30+ deg here, but have to endure a German lesson before I can get out on the bike...

    Oooo, not quite that warm here today - it's cooled down to about 25 now, but it was up around 27 +
    earlier (80F). Last week and the weekend were freakin' great - sure we musta got into the 90's (33+)
    Friday and Saturday at least. Wish we had that more often.

    Shaun aRe - Nice half pint of G&T (with plenty of fresh lime and ice of course) when I get home I
    think, heheheheh.....

  16. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Snyperx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My apologies to anyone my previous offends (excluding Mike of course). Mike torked me off and I
    > needed to vent.

    How adult of you, admitting that you were trolled into that reaction. It's happened to most of us at
    an early point, then we just ignore the
    psycho. It's people like that dickweed jeff strickland that need a boot to the head for consistently
    clogging up AM-B with his oh so skillful (ha) rebuffing of the troll's posts.

    JD

  17. > 30+ deg here, but have to endure a German lesson before I can get out on the bike...

    Hey Bomba, I'm American living in Germany (not military) in the Würzburg area. I bet my German is
    worse than yours!

    You anywhere near Wü/TBB area?

  18. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    >>30+ deg here, but have to endure a German lesson before I can get out on the bike...
    >

    > Hey Bomba, I'm American living in Germany (not military) in the Würzburg area. I bet my German is
    > worse than yours!

    Ooh, a challenge :~p

    > You anywhere near Wü/TBB area?

    Not really, I'm living just to the north of Düsseldorf, but there are others here who are nearer
    you. Mike Trueblood's based in Frankfurt, Notaknob's in Worms and Dave Stocker (as I found out
    earlier today) is just to the south of Heidelberg.

  19. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 22:28:28 GMT, "Snyperx" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My apologies to anyone my previous offends (excluding Mike of course). Mike torked me off and I
    >needed to vent.

    It's okay, it's all part of life.

    Bill

    :-]