Sorry, this is the actual post. New here (m)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Dbagnell, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Dbagnell

    Dbagnell Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I'm new here but I have been lurking for a couple of days. My partner has joined WW through work
    yesterday (although their first meeting is next week) and I will be not joining but joining in on
    eating healthier and following the points system along with my partner. I don't have very much to
    lose (I'm 5'4 and weigh 150) but my waist measures 40" so I have a lot of inches to lose. My partner
    is 290 pounds at 6' tall.

    ~Dee

    Tags:

  2. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    welcome Dee

    "dbagnell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:d_vNb.35008$%[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm new here but I have been lurking for a couple of days. My partner has joined WW through work
    > yesterday (although their first meeting is next
    week)
    > and I will be not joining but joining in on eating healthier and following the points system along
    > with my partner. I don't have very much to lose
    (I'm
    > 5'4 and weigh 150) but my waist measures 40" so I have a lot of inches to lose. My partner is 290
    > pounds at 6' tall.
    >
    > ~Dee

  3. Limeyno1

    Limeyno1 Guest

    Welcome to the group and best wishes in your quest for a smaller waist.

    --
    Helen

    Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
    of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

    <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

    [email protected]

    225/190/145

    "dbagnell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:d_vNb.35008$%[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm new here but I have been lurking for a couple of days. My partner has joined WW through work
    > yesterday (although their first meeting is next
    week)
    > and I will be not joining but joining in on eating healthier and following the points system along
    > with my partner. I don't have very much to lose
    (I'm
    > 5'4 and weigh 150) but my waist measures 40" so I have a lot of inches to lose. My partner is 290
    > pounds at 6' tall.
    >
    > ~Dee

  4. Frood

    Frood Guest

    Hi, Dee! Welcome to the ng! This is a great group for support and info.

    --
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

    "dbagnell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:d_vNb.35008$%[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm new here but I have been lurking for a couple of days. My partner has joined WW through work
    > yesterday (although their first meeting is next
    week)
    > and I will be not joining but joining in on eating healthier and following the points system along
    > with my partner. I don't have very much to lose
    (I'm
    > 5'4 and weigh 150) but my waist measures 40" so I have a lot of inches to lose. My partner is 290
    > pounds at 6' tall.
    >
    > ~Dee

  5. Hi, Dee, Good luck. I hope you do well.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/135.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2

    "dbagnell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:d_vNb.35008$%[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm new here but I have been lurking for a couple of days. My partner has joined WW through work
    > yesterday (although their first meeting is next
    week)
    > and I will be not joining but joining in on eating healthier and following the points system along
    > with my partner. I don't have very much to lose
    (I'm
    > 5'4 and weigh 150) but my waist measures 40" so I have a lot of inches to lose. My partner is 290
    > pounds at 6' tall.
    >
    > ~Dee

  6. Hi Dee. Welcome aboard. Wish you luck with the healthier eating. Elaine K

    dbagnell wrote:

    >Hi everyone,
    >
    >I'm new here but I have been lurking for a couple of days. My partner has joined WW through work
    >yesterday (although their first meeting is next week) and I will be not joining but joining in on
    >eating healthier and following the points system along with my partner. I don't have very much to
    >lose (I'm 5'4 and weigh 150) but my waist measures 40" so I have a lot of inches to lose. My
    >partner is 290 pounds at 6' tall.
    >
    >~Dee

  7. Connie Walsh

    Connie Walsh Guest

    dbagnell wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm new here but I have been lurking for a couple of days. My partner has joined WW through work
    > yesterday (although their first meeting is next week) and I will be not joining but joining in on
    > eating healthier and following the points system along with my partner. I don't have very much to
    > lose (I'm 5'4 and weigh 150) but my waist measures 40" so I have a lot of inches to lose. My
    > partner is 290 pounds at 6' tall.
    >
    > ~Dee

    Hi Dee:

    Welcome to ASDWW! We all come in different package sizes and we all have different goals. Use the
    support here as much as you can, especially since you will not be attending meetings.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/208.5/155 RAFL 210.5/208.5/198.5

  8. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Welcome, Dee! You 'll like it here!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.105/212 lbs "dbagnell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:d_vNb.35008$%[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm new here but I have been lurking for a couple of days. My partner has joined WW through work
    > yesterday (although their first meeting is next
    week)
    > and I will be not joining but joining in on eating healthier and following the points system along
    > with my partner. I don't have very much to lose
    (I'm
    > 5'4 and weigh 150) but my waist measures 40" so I have a lot of inches to lose. My partner is 290
    > pounds at 6' tall.
    >
    > ~Dee

  9. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Hi Dee! Here's the official welcome notice, just for you :)

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    HHH - Happy Healthy Holidays Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/hhh.htm

    NYNY - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.xmission.com/~zythra/downloads/points.exe

    WW suggests your ideal weight should be somewhere between 116 and 145 depending on your age.

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    "dbagnell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<d_vNb.35008$%[email protected]>...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm new here but I have been lurking for a couple of days. My partner has joined WW through work
    > yesterday (although their first meeting is next week) and I will be not joining but joining in on
    > eating healthier and following the points system along with my partner. I don't have very much to
    > lose (I'm 5'4 and weigh 150) but my waist measures 40" so I have a lot of inches to lose. My
    > partner is 290 pounds at 6' tall.
    >
    > ~Dee

  10. Welcome to the group Dee.
    --
    Brenda
    209/178/150 RafL goal 165

    "dbagnell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:d_vNb.35008$%[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm new here but I have been lurking for a couple of days. My partner has joined WW through work
    > yesterday (although their first meeting is next
    week)
    > and I will be not joining but joining in on eating healthier and following the points system along
    > with my partner. I don't have very much to lose
    (I'm
    > 5'4 and weigh 150) but my waist measures 40" so I have a lot of inches to lose. My partner is 290
    > pounds at 6' tall.
    >
    > ~Dee

  11. welcome and good luck to both of you, Lee
    dbagnell <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:d_vNb.35008$%[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm new here but I have been lurking for a couple of days. My partner has joined WW through work
    > yesterday (although their first meeting is next
    week)
    > and I will be not joining but joining in on eating healthier and following the points system along
    > with my partner. I don't have very much to lose
    (I'm
    > 5'4 and weigh 150) but my waist measures 40" so I have a lot of inches to lose. My partner is 290
    > pounds at 6' tall.
    >
    > ~Dee

  12. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Hi and welcome, Dee! I want to wish you both wonderful luck on WW! :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/240.8/172