Sorry!

In article <[email protected]>,
"Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > I realize now you guys and gals are a clique and outsiders are not
> > welcome..I am sorry I intruded..You have a great time doing your 'Thing"
> > and I will say Ta Ta. I'll still be around in OTHER "cooking sites..

> Want to know how to break into the clique? It's pretty simple: Write
> knowledgeably about food, follow simple netiquette, and before you push the
> "Send" button, ask yourself whether what you've written merits the attention
> of hundreds of adults. If you do all that AND you display a sense of humor,
> the clique will welcome you. Oh, and you really ought to tithe to "Melba's
> Jammin'." Her good graces will take you far in the clique. (But remember,
> there is no cabal.)
>
> Bob

And Karma rules. ;-)
Karma frequently runs over Dogma tho'.
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>

>>I realize now you guys and gals are a clique and outsiders are not
>>welcome..I am sorry I intruded..You have a great time doing your 'Thing"
>>and I will say Ta Ta. I'll still be around in OTHER "cooking sites..

> Want to know how to break into the clique? It's pretty simple: Write
> knowledgeably about food, follow simple netiquette, and before you push the
> "Send" button, ask yourself whether what you've written merits the attention
> of hundreds of adults. If you do all that AND you display a sense of humor,
> the clique will welcome you. Oh, and you really ought to tithe to "Melba's
> Jammin'." Her good graces will take you far in the clique. (But remember,
> there is no cabal.)
>
> Bob

Gosh! And double gosh! I'm trying to catch-up and came across this
one. IMO this ng is rather cliquish but *please* let me explain. I
don't mean this in a bad way! I checked out the chat room AND I realize
some of you have met in person so for that reason alone there may be
cliques. I think that is perfectly understandable since once you
establish a RL relationship the OL relationship is strengthened in a lot
of cases. It no longer bothers me since I post what I want when I want
and let the chips fall. For the most part, others here don't have a
problem whether they are part of clique or not.

To the OP - At first I was a little sensitive here. I posted a few
tinypics links here and some were rather cruel. Looking back, these
posters would have been cruel irregardless of what I posted. I no
longer play the tinypic games *but* I still really enjoy this ng.
Unfortuanely, I have not been able to enjoy it as much as I would have
liked to the last couple of months. Stick around. The folks here are
really nice for the most part but some don't mind calling a spade a
spade. Nothing wrong with that. Just filter out those whose opinions
you don't want to read.

~patches~ <--- Enjoying a very much needed break today, if you call
cleaning the oven and catching up on laundry a break. We are on the go
just after dinner tonight.

"Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
> Jammin'." Her good graces will take you far in the clique. (But

remember,
> there is no cabal.)

I thought it was recently established, though, that there IS
a Bob-al. Didn't you get the memo?

Bob M.

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:37:19 GMT, Bob Myers wrote:

> "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > Jammin'." Her good graces will take you far in the clique. (But

> remember,
> > there is no cabal.)

> I thought it was recently established, though, that there IS
> a Bob-al. Didn't you get the memo?

Hmmmm. Was I holding the memo upside down? I thought it was Al-Bob.

I'm a novice at this as you well know, my previous message about
spelling was intended for Bob T... Incidently I happen to be 81 and I
have a lot more knowledge about ANYTHING that ALL OF YOU WILL NEVER HAVE
! Over and out !!!

Have A Wonderful Day !

<[email protected]> wrote

> I'm a novice at this as you well know, my previous message about
> spelling was intended for Bob T... Incidently I happen to be 81 and I
> have a lot more knowledge about ANYTHING that ALL OF YOU WILL NEVER HAVE
> ! Over and out !!!
>
> Have A Wonderful Day !

(laughing!) Oh, man ... too freakin funny.

nancy

[email protected] wrote:
> I'm a novice at this as you well know, my previous message about
> spelling was intended for Bob T... Incidently I happen to be 81 and I
> have a lot more knowledge about ANYTHING that ALL OF YOU WILL NEVER HAVE
> ! Over and out !!!

<snork> I coulda sworn you said in your OP: "Do not respond to this I
will sign off now!!!". Must have been seeing things....

Cheers
Cathy(xyz) - who hopes she won't be as crabby at 81.

On Thu 02 Mar 2006 10:58:07a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Nancy Young?

> <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> I'm a novice at this as you well know, my previous message about
>> spelling was intended for Bob T... Incidently I happen to be 81 and I
>> have a lot more knowledge about ANYTHING that ALL OF YOU WILL NEVER HAVE
>> ! Over and out !!!
>>
>> Have A Wonderful Day !

> (laughing!) Oh, man ... too freakin funny.
>
> nancy

I had a great aunt whose actual first name was Dewdrop. Now that's funny!

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote

> On Thu 02 Mar 2006 10:58:07a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Nancy
> Young?

>> (laughing!) Oh, man ... too freakin funny.

> I had a great aunt whose actual first name was Dewdrop. Now that's funny!

No way! Hilarious. Uhh ... she's not 81, is she?

nancy

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote
>
> > On Thu 02 Mar 2006 10:58:07a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Nancy
> > Young?

> >> (laughing!) Oh, man ... too freakin funny.

> > I had a great aunt whose actual first name was Dewdrop. Now that's funny!

> No way! Hilarious. Uhh ... she's not 81, is she?

ROFLMAO

Now wouldn't that be a "coinkydink"?

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

On Thu 02 Mar 2006 11:13:38a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Nancy Young?

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote
>
>> On Thu 02 Mar 2006 10:58:07a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Nancy
>> Young?

>>> (laughing!) Oh, man ... too freakin funny.

>> I had a great aunt whose actual first name was Dewdrop. Now that's funny!

> No way! Hilarious. Uhh ... she's not 81, is she?

hehehe! No, if she were still living, she's be well over 100.

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

> And You my Friend need to learn how to spell !!! I'm not back for good
> no way, Just dropping in to see who you are humiliating now ?????

Yer hooked. ;-)
Settle in, grow a thicker skin and join in!

This is a fun list.
Post some good cookin' and you can be part of the "clique".

<lol>

I got hazed a bit when I first joined, I weathered it and went with it,
and it was more than worth it.

Are you woman enough to "take it"???

:)
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

> I'm a novice at this as you well know, my previous message about
> spelling was intended for Bob T... Incidently I happen to be 81 and I
> have a lot more knowledge about ANYTHING that ALL OF YOU WILL NEVER HAVE
> ! Over and out !!!
>
> Have A Wonderful Day !

Awesome... An 80 YO chefette.

You are never too old to learn a few things honey!

Cheers!
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

On Thu 02 Mar 2006 10:30:16a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?

> I'm a novice at this as you well know, my previous message about
> spelling was intended for Bob T... Incidently I happen to be 81 and I
> have a lot more knowledge about ANYTHING that ALL OF YOU WILL NEVER HAVE
> ! Over and out !!!
>
> Have A Wonderful Day !

You are not the only person here of senior years, and you are by far not the
only person here with knowledge.

Stick around, contribute AND learn. You might just enjoy yourself.

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

"sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > I thought it was recently established, though, that there IS
> > a Bob-al. Didn't you get the memo?
> >

> Hmmmm. Was I holding the memo upside down? I thought it was Al-Bob.

No, he runs our Saudi Arabia office...

Bob M.

[email protected] wrote:
> I happen to be 81 and I
> have a lot more knowledge about ANYTHING that ALL OF YOU WILL NEVER HAVE
> ! Over and out !!!
>
> Have A Wonderful Day !

Just because you are two days older than dirt does not mean you have a
lot more knowledge than anyone else here or any board or group for that
matter. It's just means you're old. But be proud you've made it to
81, many are not afforded that privilege. At age 81 you're should have
a skin as thick as an alligators and not be so sensitive to a few well
placed posts.

I'm a former webtv'er using a webtv address to keep the spammers from
hell out of my mailbox. Either go with the flow and develop a thick
skin/sense of humor or stick with the webtv groups. I've had many a
jab slung at me here, but I've toughed it out and no worse for the
wear. It's most always entertaining here and LOTS of great tips from a
great bunch of people. Take your heart off your sleeve and stick
around, you might find you have more fun here than on the firewalled
webtv groups.

[email protected] wrote:

> And You my Friend need to learn how to spell !!! I'm not back for good
> no way, Just dropping in to see who you are humiliating now ?????

*plonk*

Brian

won't shut up.

> I'm a novice at this as you well know, my previous message about
> spelling was intended for Bob T... Incidently I happen to be 81 and I
> have a lot more knowledge about ANYTHING that ALL OF YOU WILL NEVER HAVE
> ! Over and out !!!
>
> Have A Wonderful Day !

Dewdrop43, You MUST stick around! As long as you will do so, I will
not be the oldest person on rfc. I am going to be eighty later this year.

Seriously, stick around. Do not take anything as an insult, it
probably is not meant as such. Some of us are a little abrasive and
that is something you will find in every group. Some are looking for
controversy, again, not all that unusual and most are just plain, nice
people, trying to have a good time and interact and be friends with
the rest of us. Most of all, you will find that they want to be
helpful and are happy when they find someone whom they assist with a
recipe or advice or just a kind word.

I have been reading and posting in rfc for close to nine years now. I
have benefited from being part of this group more than I can put into
words. I have become friendly with too many posters to name here,
many of whom I can now call friends. Sure, not all, there are some
who dislike me, no doubt, but I never had the misconception that I am
all that likable. :eek:( And, when you really need help, you may be
surprised that even the ones you think don't like you, try to come to
your assistance.

Stick around and you may be pleasantly surprised. Don't expect the
whole Sun, but you will certainly get rays from that Sun that will
warm your heart. MS

Margaret Suran <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dewdrop43, You MUST stick around! As long as you will do so, I will
> not be the oldest person on rfc. I am going to be eighty later this year.

Hey, I've been 84 for quite a few years now!

Bubba