Sorry

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Marc, Feb 27, 2003.

  1. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Cycling home yesterday, I was using the narrow lane that is part of the route, freewheeling and then
    coming towards me was a Jaguar , the new 2 seater,I was a bit dozey and didn't have time to steer
    towards him to get myself some more room and he had already passed the passing space, but he just
    managed to squeeze past me ( with a foot to spare the other side) . I shouted what I thought of him.
    About 1 mile further on , he comes towards me again, stops winds down the windo and says "Sorry
    about that before mate, sorry!" I was so suprised I could do little more than grunt at him( iIt was
    a steep uphill).

    --
    Marc Tabards, banners and signs for fundraising events and charities
    http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

    Tags:

  2. The bright side is that at least he had the gumption to come back & apologise and that you weren't
    hurt in the squeezing.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > The bright side is that at least he had the gumption to come back &
    apologise
    > and that you weren't hurt in the squeezing.
    >
    > Cheers, helen s

    Indeed...who knows, maybe that oversized waste of space in the range rover that ran over the guy
    with his daughter in the trailer *really was* coming back to apologise, like he claimed in court.
    Maybe it's a new part of the HC that we are, generally, not aware of yet ;-)

    Rule 62c - If you really piss a cyclist, pedestrian or equestrian of by your incompetence behind the
    wheel, at least go back and apologise. If possible, try presenting a box of chocolates and a bunch
    of flowers to indicate your sincerety.

    Anyone got any news of how that is progressing ? cheers,

    Dave .

  4. Marc

    Marc Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The bright side is that at least he had the gumption to come back & apologise and that you weren't
    > hurt in the squeezing.

    Of course it was balanced out today, when one overtook me and turned left, while I was indicating
    right to turn right.

    Oiii!! Guy, want to guess what type of car it was?

  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > >Indeed...who knows, maybe that oversized waste of space in the range
    rover
    > >that ran over the guy with his daughter in the trailer *really was*
    coming
    > >back to apologise, like he claimed in court. Maybe it's a new part of the
    HC
    > >that we are, generally, not aware of yet ;-)
    >
    > Somehow I think he ruined that defence for himself!
    >
    > >Rule 62c - If you really piss a cyclist, pedestrian or equestrian of by
    your
    > >incompetence behind the wheel, at least go back and apologise. If
    possible,
    > >try presenting a box of chocolates and a bunch of flowers to indicate
    your
    > >sincerety.
    >
    > Seems reasonable. Flowers a definite yes, especially pink roses.
    Chocolates ...
    > hmmm... when constantly fighting the flab, perhaps not, but perhaps the
    offer
    > of a new bike (even if existing one not damaged) - one can but dream :)
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >

    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
    > reply!
    >
    > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
    keyboaRRRDdd

    If they're offered, Helen, can I beg, please DON'T EVER turn the chocolates down....merely accept
    with gracious ease, then offer them on this ng to first to collect !! Cheers, Dave. ;-)

  6. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    > Indeed...who knows, maybe that oversized waste of space in the range rover that ran over the guy
    > with his daughter in the trailer *really was* coming back to apologise, like he claimed in court.

    Or then again, maybe not.

    --
    Dave...