Sorry

Marc

Guest
Cycling home yesterday, I was using the narrow lane that is part of the route, freewheeling and then
coming towards me was a Jaguar , the new 2 seater,I was a bit dozey and didn't have time to steer
towards him to get myself some more room and he had already passed the passing space, but he just
managed to squeeze past me ( with a foot to spare the other side) . I shouted what I thought of him.
About 1 mile further on , he comes towards me again, stops winds down the windo and says "Sorry
about that before mate, sorry!" I was so suprised I could do little more than grunt at him( iIt was
a steep uphill).

--
Marc Tabards, banners and signs for fundraising events and charities
http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

The bright side is that at least he had the gumption to come back & apologise and that you weren't
hurt in the squeezing.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

> The bright side is that at least he had the gumption to come back &
apologise
> and that you weren't hurt in the squeezing.
>
> Cheers, helen s

Indeed...who knows, maybe that oversized waste of space in the range rover that ran over the guy
with his daughter in the trailer *really was* coming back to apologise, like he claimed in court.
Maybe it's a new part of the HC that we are, generally, not aware of yet ;-)

Rule 62c - If you really **** a cyclist, pedestrian or equestrian of by your incompetence behind the
wheel, at least go back and apologise. If possible, try presenting a box of chocolates and a bunch
of flowers to indicate your sincerety.

Anyone got any news of how that is progressing ? cheers,

Dave .

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote:

> The bright side is that at least he had the gumption to come back & apologise and that you weren't
> hurt in the squeezing.

Of course it was balanced out today, when one overtook me and turned left, while I was indicating
right to turn right.

Oiii!! Guy, want to guess what type of car it was?

> >Indeed...who knows, maybe that oversized waste of space in the range
rover
> >that ran over the guy with his daughter in the trailer *really was*
coming
> >back to apologise, like he claimed in court. Maybe it's a new part of the
HC
> >that we are, generally, not aware of yet ;-)
>
> Somehow I think he ruined that defence for himself!
>
> >Rule 62c - If you really **** a cyclist, pedestrian or equestrian of by
your
> >incompetence behind the wheel, at least go back and apologise. If
possible,
> >try presenting a box of chocolates and a bunch of flowers to indicate
your
> >sincerety.
>
> Seems reasonable. Flowers a definite yes, especially pink roses.
Chocolates ...
> hmmm... when constantly fighting the flab, perhaps not, but perhaps the
offer
> of a new bike (even if existing one not damaged) - one can but dream :)
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
> reply!
>
> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
keyboaRRRDdd

If they're offered, Helen, can I beg, please DON'T EVER turn the chocolates down....merely accept
with gracious ease, then offer them on this ng to first to collect !! Cheers, Dave. ;-)

news:<[email protected]>...

> Indeed...who knows, maybe that oversized waste of space in the range rover that ran over the guy
> with his daughter in the trailer *really was* coming back to apologise, like he claimed in court.

Or then again, maybe not.

--
Dave...