    Peter Bowditch
    The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
    and The New Improved Quintessence of the Loon with added Vitamins and C-Q10 http://www.ratbags.com/loon
    To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

    Tags:

  2. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Sound familiar?
    >From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
    >Date: 12/14/2003 2:57 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >Does the following quote sound familiar? It's from a speech by Michael
    >Crichton.

    Yes, it sounds familiar, It is repeated by atheists.

    In your case, it was posted because you have lied and been caught and you know
    it.

    Always trying to pass the buck.

    Best to deal with it rather than blame those who destest lying.

    Years ago, they crucified a man who told it like it was, he just happened to be
    God's son.

    Telling it like it is, is still being rejected.

    Jan

  3. "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Sound familiar?
    > >From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
    > >Date: 12/14/2003 2:57 AM Pacific Standard Time
    > >
    > >Does the following quote sound familiar? It's from a speech by Michael
    > >Crichton.

    > Yes, it sounds familiar, It is repeated by atheists.

    Actually, as an atheist, I don't have a dog in that fight. --Rich

  4. [email protected] (Jan) wrote:

    >>Subject: Sound familiar?
    >>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
    >>Date: 12/14/2003 2:57 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >>
    >>Does the following quote sound familiar? It's from a speech by Michael
    >>Crichton.

    I will restore the quote and URL which Jan snipped (without mentioning
    it, need I say?)

    You can read the whole thing at
    http://www.crichton-official.com/speeches/speeches_quote05.html

    "Most of us have had some experience interacting with religious
    fundamentalists, and we understand that one of the problems with
    fundamentalists is that they have no perspective on themselves. They
    never recognize that their way of thinking is just one of many other
    possible ways of thinking, which may be equally useful or good. On the
    contrary, they believe their way is the right way, everyone else is
    wrong; they are in the business of salvation, and they want to help
    you to see things the right way. They want to help you be saved. They
    are totally rigid and totally uninterested in opposing points of view.
    In our modern complex world, fundamentalism is dangerous because of
    its rigidity and its imperviousness to other ideas".

    >Yes, it sounds familiar, It is repeated by atheists.

    Crichton only said it in September and I haven't been following who
    repeated it, so I don't know if Jan is correct or not in her assertion
    about the actions of atheists. The passage itself says nothing about
    whether there is a god or not, so it has nothing to do with atheism

    >In your case, it was posted because you have lied and been caught and you know
    >it.

    I posted it because I think that it describes AltThink. Crichton was
    talking about environmentalists. There is no need to rake over my lack
    of lying again.

    Jan may be prejudiced against anything that Michael Crichton says
    simply because his best known works are Jurassic Park and the TV
    series ER. As a creationist she probably rejects the concept of
    dinosaurs, and her opinions about doctors are well known. These facts
    may have induced a case of Barrett Syndrome, where everything that
    someone says is rejected because some of it is.

    >Always trying to pass the buck.
    >
    >Best to deal with it rather than blame those who destest lying.
    >
    >Years ago, they crucified a man who told it like it was, he just happened to be
    >God's son.

    He was Jewish, too, I'm told.

    >Telling it like it is, is still being rejected.

    Yes, we see it every time some truth is presented to you.

    To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

  5. carabelli

    carabelli Guest

    "Jan" <[email protected]>

    Gee Jan, why did you assume this was directed at you?

    I think Baptists as well as atheists have published opinions regarding
    Michael Crichton.

    carabelli

  6. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: Sound familiar?
    >From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
    >Date: 12/14/2003 5:21 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >[email protected] (Jan) wrote:
    >
    >>>Subject: Sound familiar?
    >>>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
    >>>Date: 12/14/2003 2:57 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >>>
    >>>Does the following quote sound familiar? It's from a speech by Michael
    >>>Crichton.

    >I will restore the quote and URL which Jan snipped (without mentioning
    >it, need I say?)
    >
    > You can read the whole thing at
    >http://www.crichton-official.com/speeches/speeches_quote05.html
    >
    >"Most of us have had some experience interacting with religious
    >fundamentalists, and we understand that one of the problems with
    >fundamentalists is that they have no perspective on themselves. They
    >never recognize that their way of thinking is just one of many other
    >possible ways of thinking, which may be equally useful or good. On the
    >contrary, they believe their way is the right way, everyone else is
    >wrong; they are in the business of salvation, and they want to help
    >you to see things the right way. They want to help you be saved. They
    >are totally rigid and totally uninterested in opposing points of view.
    >In our modern complex world, fundamentalism is dangerous because of
    >its rigidity and its imperviousness to other ideas".
    >
    >>Yes, it sounds familiar, It is repeated by atheists.

    >Crichton only said it in September and I haven't been following who
    >repeated it, so I don't know if Jan is correct or not in her assertion
    >about the actions of atheists.

    I see you are lying again, as the atheists here have said the same things.

    Along with the other debunkers, and those of pugnacious tendencies.

    >The passage itself says nothing about
    >whether there is a god or not, so it has nothing to do with atheism

    Wrong. It is exact atheist mumbo jumbo. They don't just talk about there being
    no God, they have a need to belittle others.

    They call those who try to obey God, *rigid*

    They don't want to have to follow any rules as they think they are
    *enlightened* and *they* are smarter than God. Therefore they falsely believe
    *they* can make the rules.

    >>In your case, it was posted because you have lied and been caught and you

    >know
    >>it.

    >I posted it because I think that it describes AltThink. Crichton was
    >talking about environmentalists. There is no need to rake over my lack
    >of lying again.

    You have no lack of lying and we all know EXACTLY why you posted it. Your title
    is a dead give away and right now you just lied through you teeth again.

    >Jan may be prejudiced against anything that Michael Crichton says
    >simply because his best known works are Jurassic Park and the TV
    >series ER

    LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

    You *guesses* are wrong, as usual.

    >>Always trying to pass the buck.
    >>
    >>Best to deal with it rather than blame those who destest lying.
    >>
    >>Years ago, they crucified a man who told it like it was, he just happened to

    >be
    >>God's son.

    >He was Jewish, too, I'm told.

    That's correct. Why mention it?

    >>Telling it like it is, is still being rejected.

    >Yes, we see it every time some truth is presented to you.

    Quite the opposite. You lie, I call your hand.

    I ask you to prove you lies, you can't.

    Jan

  7. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: Sound familiar?
    >From: "carabelli" [email protected]
    >Date: 12/14/2003 5:29 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >

    >"Jan" <[email protected]>
    >
    >Gee Jan, why did you assume this was directed at you?

    Gee, Dan. I see you are still cyberstalking. If you have to ask questions, you
    are in the dark.

    >I think Baptists as well as atheists have published opinions regarding
    >Michael Crichton.

    This had nothing whatsoever to do with any opinion of Michael Crichton, the
    man.

    Now, kindly get lost as this will be my last post to you on this ng.

    Get over your resentments because you couldn't answer my questions, and then
    lied about it.

    Jan

  8. carabelli

    carabelli Guest

    "Jan" <[email protected]>...........

    > Now, kindly get lost as this will be my last post to you on this ng.

    Great, a free pass!!

    carabelli

  9. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:31:16 GMT, "carabelli"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Jan" <[email protected]>...........
    >

    >> Now, kindly get lost as this will be my last post to you on this ng.

    >Great, a free pass!!

    Let's see how long this lasts. Jan will again prove that she lies.
    Any bets on how long it will take before she replies to you?? In any
    case the way that Jan will reply to you is to wait until anyone
    responds to a post of yours and then to launch an attack. Just watch.

    Also note how Jan tries to control who posts in this newsgroup. If
    anyone should get lost it is Jan who is completely incapable of
    discussing in a civil manner anything that disagrees with her POV. All
    she knows how to do is belittle and bear false witness against others
    in order to discredit them. Sad that.

    Aloha,
    Rich

    >carabelli

    The best defense to logic is ignorance.

  10. "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I see you are lying again, as the atheists here have said the same things.

    What atheists? Certainly not I, and I am by far the most vocal of the
    atheists here.

    > You have no lack of lying. . .
    >
    > you just lied through you teeth again.
    >
    > You lie, I call your hand.
    >
    > I ask you to prove you lies, you can't.
    >
    > Jan

    $ KaChing $14

  11. "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > >Jan may be prejudiced against anything that Michael Crichton says
    > >simply because his best known works are Jurassic Park and the TV
    > >series ER

    > LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

    ER has some useful medical information from time to time.

    And, Michael writes books. Sorry that you cannot read them.

  12. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Marciosos5 Probertiosos5 <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >
    >> >Jan may be prejudiced against anything that Michael Crichton says
    >> >simply because his best known works are Jurassic Park and the TV
    >> >series ER

    >> LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

    >ER has some useful medical information from time to time.
    >
    >And, Michael writes books. Sorry that you cannot read them.

    It's hard for me to believe she's never heard of Jurassic Park, for
    one thing.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  13. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:50:47 GMT, [email protected] (David
    Wright) wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    >Marciosos5 Probertiosos5 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]

    >>> LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

    >>ER has some useful medical information from time to time.
    >>
    >>And, Michael writes books. Sorry that you cannot read them.

    >It's hard for me to believe she's never heard of Jurassic Park, for
    >one thing.

    Cue Jan to call David a liar because she will claim that she never
    said she never heard of Jurassic Park although seemed to imply that
    assertion.

    Aloha,

    Rich

    > -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    > These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    > "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    > were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    The best defense to logic is ignorance.

  14. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: Sound familiar?
    >From: [email protected] (David Wright)
    >Date: 12/15/2003 10:50 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >In article <[email protected]>,
    >Marciosos5 Probertiosos5 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]

    >>> LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

    >>ER has some useful medical information from time to time.
    >>
    >>And, Michael writes books. Sorry that you cannot read them.

    >It's hard for me to believe she's never heard of Jurassic Park, for
    >one thing.

    I didn't mention Jurassic Park.

    Jan

    To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

  16. "David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Marciosos5 Probertiosos5 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]

    > >> LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

    > >ER has some useful medical information from time to time.
    > >
    > >And, Michael writes books. Sorry that you cannot read them.

    > It's hard for me to believe she's never heard of Jurassic Park, for
    > one thing.

    Jan was born around that time (Jurassic Period).

  17. WB

    WB Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:06:14 GMT, "Marciosos5 Probertiosos5" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> It's hard for me to believe she's never heard of Jurassic Park, for
    >> one thing.

    >Jan was born around that time (Jurassic Period).

    Thought it was the Cretinaceous Period.
    --

    Take out the G'RBAGE to reply
    [email protected]

  18. Happy Oyster

    Happy Oyster Guest

    On 14 Dec 2003 22:10:57 GMT, [email protected] (Jan) wrote:

    >Years ago, they crucified a man who told it like it was, he just happened to be
    >God's son.

    That is religious insanity.

    Regards,

    Aribert Deckers
    --
    World Conference
    "Health Care Systems: Public and Private Management"

    http://www.ariplex.com/ama/ama_p0.htm

  19. Rod

    Rod Guest

    Well Peter,
    I suggest that instead of vomiting on Hulda's doorstep and having coffee
    with Tim in his ultra small mailbox, that you take the opportunity of
    exploring North America for some of the answers.
    Please take the road north along the Californian coast and visit the
    Redwoods, then visit Washington State and head for Vancouver. Visit Victoria
    and then proceed to Whistler, Lillioet and Kamloops. Head North to Mt
    Robinson and then Jasper and Banff, then go to the International Peace Park
    in Alberta and Montana, Do the Road to the Sun trip and then head towards
    Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park. Call in at Thermopolis and after that
    call in at Salt Lake City and catch the Sunday Tabernacle Choir.

    If after all that you can honestly state that you still remain an atheist
    then "God Bless You."

    Rod

    "Peter Bowditch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Does the following quote sound familiar? It's from a speech by Michael
    > Crichton. You can read the whole thing at
    > http://www.crichton-official.com/speeches/speeches_quote05.html
    >
    > "Most of us have had some experience interacting with religious
    > fundamentalists, and we understand that one of the problems with
    > fundamentalists is that they have no perspective on themselves. They
    > never recognize that their way of thinking is just one of many otherWell

    Peter,

    > possible ways of thinking, which may be equally useful or good. On the
    > contrary, they believe their way is the right way, everyone else is
    > wrong; they are in the business of salvation, and they want to help
    > you to see things the right way. They want to help you be saved. They
    > are totally rigid and totally uninterested in opposing points of view.
    > In our modern complex world, fundamentalism is dangerous because of
    > its rigidity and its imperviousness to other ideas".
    >

    > --
    > Peter Bowditch
    > The Millenium Project http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
    > The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
    > and The New Improved Quintessence of the Loon with added Vitamins and

    C-Q10 http://www.ratbags.com/loon
    > To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

  20. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest