Peter Bowditch
The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
and The New Improved Quintessence of the Loon with added Vitamins and C-Q10 http://www.ratbags.com/loon
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

>Subject: Sound familiar?
>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
>Date: 12/14/2003 2:57 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>Does the following quote sound familiar? It's from a speech by Michael
>Crichton.

Yes, it sounds familiar, It is repeated by atheists.

In your case, it was posted because you have lied and been caught and you know
it.

Always trying to pass the buck.

Best to deal with it rather than blame those who destest lying.

Years ago, they crucified a man who told it like it was, he just happened to be
God's son.

Telling it like it is, is still being rejected.

Jan

"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: Sound familiar?
> >From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
> >Date: 12/14/2003 2:57 AM Pacific Standard Time
> >
> >Does the following quote sound familiar? It's from a speech by Michael
> >Crichton.

> Yes, it sounds familiar, It is repeated by atheists.

Actually, as an atheist, I don't have a dog in that fight. --Rich

[email protected] (Jan) wrote:

>>Subject: Sound familiar?
>>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
>>Date: 12/14/2003 2:57 AM Pacific Standard Time
>>
>>Does the following quote sound familiar? It's from a speech by Michael
>>Crichton.

I will restore the quote and URL which Jan snipped (without mentioning
it, need I say?)

You can read the whole thing at
http://www.crichton-official.com/speeches/speeches_quote05.html

"Most of us have had some experience interacting with religious
fundamentalists, and we understand that one of the problems with
fundamentalists is that they have no perspective on themselves. They
never recognize that their way of thinking is just one of many other
possible ways of thinking, which may be equally useful or good. On the
contrary, they believe their way is the right way, everyone else is
wrong; they are in the business of salvation, and they want to help
you to see things the right way. They want to help you be saved. They
are totally rigid and totally uninterested in opposing points of view.
In our modern complex world, fundamentalism is dangerous because of
its rigidity and its imperviousness to other ideas".

>Yes, it sounds familiar, It is repeated by atheists.

Crichton only said it in September and I haven't been following who
repeated it, so I don't know if Jan is correct or not in her assertion
about the actions of atheists. The passage itself says nothing about
whether there is a god or not, so it has nothing to do with atheism

>In your case, it was posted because you have lied and been caught and you know
>it.

I posted it because I think that it describes AltThink. Crichton was
talking about environmentalists. There is no need to rake over my lack
of lying again.

Jan may be prejudiced against anything that Michael Crichton says
simply because his best known works are Jurassic Park and the TV
series ER. As a creationist she probably rejects the concept of
dinosaurs, and her opinions about doctors are well known. These facts
may have induced a case of Barrett Syndrome, where everything that
someone says is rejected because some of it is.

>Always trying to pass the buck.
>
>Best to deal with it rather than blame those who destest lying.
>
>Years ago, they crucified a man who told it like it was, he just happened to be
>God's son.

He was Jewish, too, I'm told.

>Telling it like it is, is still being rejected.

Yes, we see it every time some truth is presented to you.

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

"Jan" <[email protected]>

Gee Jan, why did you assume this was directed at you?

I think Baptists as well as atheists have published opinions regarding
Michael Crichton.

carabelli

>Subject: Re: Sound familiar?
>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
>Date: 12/14/2003 5:21 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>[email protected] (Jan) wrote:
>
>>>Subject: Sound familiar?
>>>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
>>>Date: 12/14/2003 2:57 AM Pacific Standard Time
>>>
>>>Does the following quote sound familiar? It's from a speech by Michael
>>>Crichton.

>I will restore the quote and URL which Jan snipped (without mentioning
>it, need I say?)
>
> You can read the whole thing at
>http://www.crichton-official.com/speeches/speeches_quote05.html
>
>"Most of us have had some experience interacting with religious
>fundamentalists, and we understand that one of the problems with
>fundamentalists is that they have no perspective on themselves. They
>never recognize that their way of thinking is just one of many other
>possible ways of thinking, which may be equally useful or good. On the
>contrary, they believe their way is the right way, everyone else is
>wrong; they are in the business of salvation, and they want to help
>you to see things the right way. They want to help you be saved. They
>are totally rigid and totally uninterested in opposing points of view.
>In our modern complex world, fundamentalism is dangerous because of
>its rigidity and its imperviousness to other ideas".
>
>>Yes, it sounds familiar, It is repeated by atheists.

>Crichton only said it in September and I haven't been following who
>repeated it, so I don't know if Jan is correct or not in her assertion
>about the actions of atheists.

I see you are lying again, as the atheists here have said the same things.

Along with the other debunkers, and those of pugnacious tendencies.

>The passage itself says nothing about
>whether there is a god or not, so it has nothing to do with atheism

Wrong. It is exact atheist mumbo jumbo. They don't just talk about there being
no God, they have a need to belittle others.

They call those who try to obey God, *rigid*

They don't want to have to follow any rules as they think they are
*enlightened* and *they* are smarter than God. Therefore they falsely believe
*they* can make the rules.

>>In your case, it was posted because you have lied and been caught and you

>know
>>it.

>I posted it because I think that it describes AltThink. Crichton was
>talking about environmentalists. There is no need to rake over my lack
>of lying again.

You have no lack of lying and we all know EXACTLY why you posted it. Your title
is a dead give away and right now you just lied through you teeth again.

>Jan may be prejudiced against anything that Michael Crichton says
>simply because his best known works are Jurassic Park and the TV
>series ER

LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

You *guesses* are wrong, as usual.

>>Always trying to pass the buck.
>>
>>Best to deal with it rather than blame those who destest lying.
>>
>>Years ago, they crucified a man who told it like it was, he just happened to

>be
>>God's son.

>He was Jewish, too, I'm told.

That's correct. Why mention it?

>>Telling it like it is, is still being rejected.

>Yes, we see it every time some truth is presented to you.

Quite the opposite. You lie, I call your hand.

I ask you to prove you lies, you can't.

Jan

>Subject: Re: Sound familiar?
>From: "carabelli" [email protected]
>Date: 12/14/2003 5:29 PM Pacific Standard Time
>

>"Jan" <[email protected]>
>
>Gee Jan, why did you assume this was directed at you?

Gee, Dan. I see you are still cyberstalking. If you have to ask questions, you
are in the dark.

>I think Baptists as well as atheists have published opinions regarding
>Michael Crichton.

This had nothing whatsoever to do with any opinion of Michael Crichton, the
man.

Now, kindly get lost as this will be my last post to you on this ng.

Get over your resentments because you couldn't answer my questions, and then
lied about it.

Jan

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:31:16 GMT, "carabelli"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Jan" <[email protected]>...........
>

>> Now, kindly get lost as this will be my last post to you on this ng.

>Great, a free pass!!

Let's see how long this lasts. Jan will again prove that she lies.
Any bets on how long it will take before she replies to you?? In any
case the way that Jan will reply to you is to wait until anyone
responds to a post of yours and then to launch an attack. Just watch.

Also note how Jan tries to control who posts in this newsgroup. If
anyone should get lost it is Jan who is completely incapable of
discussing in a civil manner anything that disagrees with her POV. All
she knows how to do is belittle and bear false witness against others
in order to discredit them. Sad that.

Aloha,
Rich

>carabelli

The best defense to logic is ignorance.

"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I see you are lying again, as the atheists here have said the same things.

What atheists? Certainly not I, and I am by far the most vocal of the
atheists here.

> You have no lack of lying. . .
>
> you just lied through you teeth again.
>
> You lie, I call your hand.
>
> I ask you to prove you lies, you can't.
>
> Jan

$ KaChing $14

"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >Jan may be prejudiced against anything that Michael Crichton says
> >simply because his best known works are Jurassic Park and the TV
> >series ER

> LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

ER has some useful medical information from time to time.

And, Michael writes books. Sorry that you cannot read them.

In article <[email protected]>,
Marciosos5 Probertiosos5 <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>> >Jan may be prejudiced against anything that Michael Crichton says
>> >simply because his best known works are Jurassic Park and the TV
>> >series ER

>> LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

>ER has some useful medical information from time to time.
>
>And, Michael writes books. Sorry that you cannot read them.

It's hard for me to believe she's never heard of Jurassic Park, for
one thing.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:50:47 GMT, [email protected] (David
Wright) wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
>Marciosos5 Probertiosos5 <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

>>ER has some useful medical information from time to time.
>>
>>And, Michael writes books. Sorry that you cannot read them.

>It's hard for me to believe she's never heard of Jurassic Park, for
>one thing.

Cue Jan to call David a liar because she will claim that she never
said she never heard of Jurassic Park although seemed to imply that
assertion.

Aloha,

Rich

> -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
> These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
> "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
> were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

The best defense to logic is ignorance.

>Subject: Re: Sound familiar?
>From: [email protected] (David Wright)
>Date: 12/15/2003 10:50 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>In article <[email protected]>,
>Marciosos5 Probertiosos5 <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

>>ER has some useful medical information from time to time.
>>
>>And, Michael writes books. Sorry that you cannot read them.

>It's hard for me to believe she's never heard of Jurassic Park, for
>one thing.

I didn't mention Jurassic Park.

Jan

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

"David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Marciosos5 Probertiosos5 <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...

> >> LOL.. I don't watch ER and I have never heard of Michael Crichton.

> >ER has some useful medical information from time to time.
> >
> >And, Michael writes books. Sorry that you cannot read them.

> It's hard for me to believe she's never heard of Jurassic Park, for
> one thing.

Jan was born around that time (Jurassic Period).

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:06:14 GMT, "Marciosos5 Probertiosos5" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> It's hard for me to believe she's never heard of Jurassic Park, for
>> one thing.

>Jan was born around that time (Jurassic Period).

Thought it was the Cretinaceous Period.
--

Take out the G'RBAGE to reply
[email protected]

Well Peter,
I suggest that instead of vomiting on Hulda's doorstep and having coffee
with Tim in his ultra small mailbox, that you take the opportunity of
exploring North America for some of the answers.
Please take the road north along the Californian coast and visit the
Redwoods, then visit Washington State and head for Vancouver. Visit Victoria
and then proceed to Whistler, Lillioet and Kamloops. Head North to Mt
Robinson and then Jasper and Banff, then go to the International Peace Park
in Alberta and Montana, Do the Road to the Sun trip and then head towards
Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park. Call in at Thermopolis and after that
call in at Salt Lake City and catch the Sunday Tabernacle Choir.

If after all that you can honestly state that you still remain an atheist
then "God Bless You."

Rod

"Peter Bowditch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does the following quote sound familiar? It's from a speech by Michael
> Crichton. You can read the whole thing at
> http://www.crichton-official.com/speeches/speeches_quote05.html
>
> "Most of us have had some experience interacting with religious
> fundamentalists, and we understand that one of the problems with
> fundamentalists is that they have no perspective on themselves. They
> never recognize that their way of thinking is just one of many otherWell

Peter,

> possible ways of thinking, which may be equally useful or good. On the
> contrary, they believe their way is the right way, everyone else is
> wrong; they are in the business of salvation, and they want to help
> you to see things the right way. They want to help you be saved. They
> are totally rigid and totally uninterested in opposing points of view.
> In our modern complex world, fundamentalism is dangerous because of
> its rigidity and its imperviousness to other ideas".
>

> --
> Peter Bowditch
> The Millenium Project http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
> The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
> and The New Improved Quintessence of the Loon with added Vitamins and

C-Q10 http://www.ratbags.com/loon
> To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Pervert!

news:[email protected]...