Source for affordable Campy 135mm chainrings

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Morgan Fletcher, Jul 18, 2005.

  1. I've worn out a pair of Campy 10 chainrings. Want to replace them, but a
    new pair costs too much, (like $130) and even a new Centaur crankset is
    about the same price. Is there a source for affordable, good chainrings
    that fit the Campagnolo double crankset (135mm I believe) and work with a
    C-10 drivetrain?

    It looks like Centaur through Record use the same chainrings, and Veloce
    and below use a different set.

    Morgan
    --
    Morgan Fletcher, [email protected] Oakland, CA, USA

    Tags:

  2. Eric Hill

    Eric Hill Guest

    Morgan Fletcher wrote:
    > I've worn out a pair of Campy 10 chainrings. Want to replace them, but a
    > new pair costs too much, (like $130) and even a new Centaur crankset is
    > about the same price. Is there a source for affordable, good chainrings
    > that fit the Campagnolo double crankset (135mm I believe) and work with a
    > C-10 drivetrain?
    >
    > It looks like Centaur through Record use the same chainrings, and Veloce
    > and below use a different set.
    >
    > Morgan

    do you mean 130mm BCD? if so, i think the only difference between veloce
    chainrings and the higher ones is that veloce has the chain-retention
    peg in between two bolt holes, while the upper lines have the peg right
    at one of the bolt holes (that, and better metal). everything else
    should be determined by how many speeds your drivetrain is.
    branfordbike, yellowjersey, or vecchios can be of some help here. i'm
    actually going through the same replacement scenario as you, and the
    recommendation has been TA-brand rings at $75 for the pair.

    -eric

  3. Ed Sullivan

    Ed Sullivan Guest

    Eric Hill wrote:
    > Morgan Fletcher wrote:
    > > I've worn out a pair of Campy 10 chainrings. Want to replace them, but a
    > > new pair costs too much, (like $130) and even a new Centaur crankset is
    > > about the same price. Is there a source for affordable, good chainrings
    > > that fit the Campagnolo double crankset (135mm I believe) and work with a
    > > C-10 drivetrain?
    > >
    > > It looks like Centaur through Record use the same chainrings, and Veloce
    > > and below use a different set.
    > >
    > > Morgan

    > do you mean 130mm BCD? if so, i think the only difference between veloce
    > chainrings and the higher ones is that veloce has the chain-retention
    > peg in between two bolt holes, while the upper lines have the peg right
    > at one of the bolt holes (that, and better metal). everything else
    > should be determined by how many speeds your drivetrain is.
    > branfordbike, yellowjersey, or vecchios can be of some help here. i'm
    > actually going through the same replacement scenario as you, and the
    > recommendation has been TA-brand rings at $75 for the pair.
    >
    > -eric

    Shimano is 130, Campy is 135 and TA is a good choice.

  4. w.a. manning

    w.a. manning Guest

    Ed Sullivan wrote:

    > Shimano is 130, Campy is 135 and TA is a good choice.

    check w/ vuelta, too.

  5. I have a pair of Chorus 10 speed cranks with 53/39 rings available for
    a good price if you are interested.

  6. Morgan Fletcher wrote:
    > I've worn out a pair of Campy 10 chainrings. Want to replace them, but a
    > new pair costs too much, (like $130) and even a new Centaur crankset is
    > about the same price. Is there a source for affordable, good chainrings
    > that fit the Campagnolo double crankset (135mm I believe) and work with a
    > C-10 drivetrain?
    >
    > It looks like Centaur through Record use the same chainrings, and Veloce
    > and below use a different set.

    Chorus and Centaur are the same, Veloce, Mirage are stamped. Record are
    coated.

    TA makes some nice rings for less $.

    > Morgan
    > --
    > Morgan Fletcher, [email protected] Oakland, CA, USA

  7. Llatikcuf

    Llatikcuf Guest

    w.a. manning wrote:
    > Ed Sullivan wrote:
    >

    >> Shimano is 130, Campy is 135 and TA is a good choice.
    >>

    > check w/ vuelta, too.

    Vuelta are not high quality rings.