Source for Campy-Compatible Skewer parts?

Donald Gillies

Guest
I broke an old normandy 500 x 126mm steel QR skewer (along with the
axle, but i know enough not to search for such a rare axle) and now
I'm looking for a replacement skewer rod. Yeah, it's silly but i'd
like to try to keep this skewer looking vintage, with its 1970's PX-10
type of skewer nut.

The skewer rod has the same thread pitch as Campagnolo. I have
verified that the pitch is different than the pitch on joytech
(probably 26 TPI just like the axles, but i don't have a pitch gauge
to verify this fact.)

Does anyone know a source of affordable replacements ?? I can deal
with cutting down a rod for a 130mm hub, if available. Right now I'm
thinking of buying a pair of old campy triomphe rear skewers from
wwcyclery on ebay, for $10/pair.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

[email protected] (Donald Gillies) wrote:

>I broke an old normandy 500 x 126mm steel QR skewer (along with the
>axle, but i know enough not to search for such a rare axle) and now
>I'm looking for a replacement skewer rod. Yeah, it's silly but i'd
>like to try to keep this skewer looking vintage, with its 1970's PX-10
>type of skewer nut.
>
>The skewer rod has the same thread pitch as Campagnolo. I have
>verified that the pitch is different than the pitch on joytech
>(probably 26 TPI just like the axles, but i don't have a pitch gauge
>to verify this fact.)
>
>Does anyone know a source of affordable replacements ?? I can deal
>with cutting down a rod for a 130mm hub, if available. Right now I'm
>thinking of buying a pair of old campy triomphe rear skewers from
>wwcyclery on ebay, for $10/pair.
>
>- Don Gillies
>San Diego, CA

Hey, Don . . .

Since you're San Diego based, have you given CyclArt (Vista) a call??

http://www.cyclart.com/newindex.html

I'm under the impression that they have a pretty extensive inventory
of hard-to-find parts for vintage bikes.

Happy hunting!